PDA

View Full Version : Latest Project: Monster Manual 1

Lawful_g
January 25th, 2011, 06:14 PM
So I am working my way through this bit by bit, help would be appreciated.

Lawful_g
January 29th, 2011, 02:58 PM
I've finished A (except for animated object, I skipped that one because I plan to do it a strange way later), and am working on Behir currently.

Lawful_g
January 30th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Finished B and C, D is going to be a beast because of the demons...

chiefweasel
January 31st, 2011, 04:21 AM
Is this for D&D 3.5?

Lawful_g
January 31st, 2011, 05:19 AM
Yes, for 3.5.

Lawful_g
February 5th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Up to the Devils, working on the Bone devil at the moment.

Darkholme
February 5th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Nevermind, Appears I was wrong.

Lawful_g
February 12th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Finished with the Devils.

Lawful_g
February 13th, 2011, 05:32 AM
D is for Done, as in "I am done with the letter D."

risner
February 13th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Got a copy of A-D you can send me?
I'll try to start work on Z and go backwards toward you.
I want to see your format (specials used, etc)

Lawful_g
February 13th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Do you have access to the Dropbox we use for development? I've made a folder for you there with about 60 monsters and related files.

risner
February 14th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Do you have access to the Dropbox we use for development? I've made a folder for you there with about 60 monsters and related files.

Yep, will start tomorrow.

risner
February 14th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Yep, will start tomorrow.

Ok, started, and stalled.

There are a lot of files, and a lot of duplicate files.
It seems a number of them have "vNewer" and "v1.4" after the names.
So I spent some time diffing the files with similar names, and replacing the names.
Then I ran into xDeathThro which is a conflict with DoK - Races and MM - Core Monster Powers.

Considering I have to blend it in with my local changes, that I haven't integrated with the main v1.2/v1.3/v.14 datasets, could you make a directory that is your working environment (all *.user files) so I can just jump into it as you are? With no more work to splice it into my setup?

risner
February 14th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Tried a different approach.
Used just the files in the folder for me, but it was missing parts.

So I pulled Craft Weapon, Craft Jewel, ImmCrit, and a bunch of other things from random files. But I couldn't find xWeb.

risner
February 14th, 2011, 03:03 PM
We really need to investigate the update procedure, and if it can delete "no longer needed" files. It would be nice in v1.5 to go to a single file per book or a single file for all material provided by us.

Having so many separate files, with separate names, is hurdle to allowing others join the development.

Lawful_g
February 18th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Sorry about the confusion, I added all files currently in my folder to the same dropbox folder from before.

At the moment I am on vacation though, so the MM races will be on the back burner for the next week or two.

Lawful_g
March 8th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Alright, back in the saddle and I have added all monsters from E.

Lawful_g
March 15th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I am good through the end of G.

Lawful_g
March 30th, 2011, 03:06 AM
All monsters through M are no more!

I realize why Lonewolf never got around to this. It is a metric ton of work.

Lawful_g
April 1st, 2011, 06:22 PM
The monsters of O are overwhelmed by my code-fu.

Lawful_g
April 2nd, 2011, 01:38 AM
P has perished before me.

Lawful_g
April 2nd, 2011, 01:38 AM
Risner, any progress on your end? I'd hate to overshoot you.

bodrin
April 2nd, 2011, 01:58 AM
P has perished before me.

Outstanding I wish I had so much free time to raze the data that quickly! I only manage a few lines a month before game sessions!

Highly anticipating the MM I release, are you planning to continue with all MM books though?
Just curious!

Lawful_g
April 2nd, 2011, 03:39 AM
Certainly not by myself.

Lawful_g
April 9th, 2011, 02:02 AM
I am starting on V, since I haven't heard from you risner I am going to assume you haven't started and power on through to the end.

Lawful_g
April 15th, 2011, 07:46 AM
X has been Xed out

Lawful_g
April 17th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Currently working on Appendix 2: Vermin

Sendric
April 18th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Lawful, rather than clutter up other files and unnecessarily create new entries, could I perhaps trouble you to add in "Counts as race" tags for the Githzerai and Githyanki? I could do it myself if you prefer and simply copy it to dropbox, but I didn't want to edit any of your files if you are thinking of combining them into one.

Lawful_g
April 18th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Alright, will do.

Lawful_g
April 22nd, 2011, 07:34 PM
So I realized I somehow skipped a few monsters - Animated Object (intended), Lamia (done on another computer and then misplaced), Ghoul and Ghast (Sure I had done before but never could find). I also neglected to do the various templates (except for vampire, because I needed to rework the abilities for Vampire Spawn anyway).

While compiling I am also working on these things, checking for erratta, bugsquashing and sourcing everything appropriately.

Lawful_g
May 26th, 2011, 04:53 PM
So I am getting back to this now, the last month has been busy with other projects and a trip back to the states for an unexpected funeral. I've compiled all the monsters and am working through the abilities to give them a tag for a new version of Ability focus to target and increase the DCs.

Lawful_g
June 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
Done with the new ability focus.

ziku
July 13th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Just joined the forums. This is an amazing feat you are working on Lawful_g. I applaud your accomplishments. Are you planning to make this available for others to use? I would love a copy of this.

ShadowChemosh
July 13th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Are you planning to make this available for others to use? I would love a copy of this.
Yep he sure did. This was added to what we call the d20 community project. You can see the full details HERE (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11584) about it. We just released 1.5 and will have 1.6 ready soon. All done by the community so its 100% free. :)

Lawful_g
July 13th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Yep, 1.6 will include the addition of Extra HD and also a correction to the ability score advancement error. Just working out a kink having to do with templates. Should be done in a week or so.

NeoFax
July 26th, 2011, 07:42 PM
When you make changes to this, should it show up in my window saying there is an update? I have your update tracker(don't know what to call it) that I installed when you helped me with my Cloistered Cleric and thought that would tell me an update is available, but I haven't received any notification.

Lawful_g
August 11th, 2011, 09:56 PM
You should get a notification on opening HL when we release 1.6 officially.