PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to...

Necros99
January 25th, 2011, 07:54 AM
I am part of a 4e campaign that is also trying to use the Birthright System. As such, we have a mix of Blooded and non-Blooded in the party. Our GM has decided that as a game balance factor, the non-Blooded party members get +2 to one of their starting attributes and an extra Feat at level 1.

I would like to script something as a Background option. Is this even possible, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

RavenX
January 25th, 2011, 02:59 PM
check the personal tab for permanent adjustments. you should be able to do a permanent adjustment to account for that. I use the permanent adjustments to account for Dark Sun inherent bonuses.

Necros99
January 26th, 2011, 08:41 AM
check the personal tab for permanent adjustments. you should be able to do a permanent adjustment to account for that. I use the permanent adjustments to account for Dark Sun inherent bonuses.

I am aware of the permanent adjustments, and realize it is one way of getting the desired results. That said, I am still curious if it is possible to make a Background option that will also do the same thing (+2 to a starting attribute and an additional feat at 1st level)? I think it is a more elegant solution if it can be done.

RavenX
January 26th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I would like to be able to do that myself. I'd like backgrounds to be able to give skill choices for the +2 modifier or the class skill when they are selected, so far i have to put the bonus in through the permanent adjustments tab and have no method for making a skill a class skill...

Colen
February 1st, 2011, 03:43 PM
If you wanted, you could make a custom background in the editor that used scripts to add to the appropriate stats / resources. That said, adjustments is a fine way to handle this, so you're not really losing anything by using them.

Necros99
February 3rd, 2011, 07:07 AM
If you wanted, you could make a custom background in the editor that used scripts to add to the appropriate stats / resources.

This is exactly what I want to do, and now I know it is possible.

Thanks.