PDA

View Full Version : Ranged Basic Attack At Will powers

cryptoknight
November 11th, 2010, 11:39 AM
OK so I bought Bracers of the Perfect shot for my Invoker (+2 damage to ranged basic attacks).

Two powers I have that are at-wills (Avenging Light and Sun Strike) both count as ranged basic attacks (they even show it under notes) how do I flag them as ranged basic attacks so that my bracers of the perfect shot (which I have equipped) do the right damage?

i.e.
Avenging Light does 1d10 + Wis

My lvl 7 Invoker has a 19 WIS. With a +2 Defiant Rod of First Blood my to hit should be.
3 (1/2 level) + 4 (Wis mod) + 2 (+2 implement) = +9 to hit

My damage should be:
1d10 + 4 (wis) +2 (implement) + 2 (energized radiant defiant rod) + 2 (bracers of the perfect shot) = 1d10 + 10

HB shows it as 1d10 + 6 (Wis and implement).

rob
November 11th, 2010, 12:49 PM
I'm going to walk through this, just to make sure we're on the same page. Hopefully, the disconnect will surface by going through the process.

If I start with a Level 7 Invoked with Avenging Light and a 19 WIS, the power is shown as +7 vs. Fort, which appears to be correct. The damage remains at d10+4, since the damage is not boosted by the increased level (IIRC).

If I add the +2 Rod of First Blood, nothing changes, which appears to be correct. It could just be party loot tossed in a backpack.

Once I equip the Rod on the Special tab, the power changes to +9 vs. Fort, which I believe is correct. The damage also increases to d10+6, since the implement grants a bonus to attack and damage. From you calculations above, it seems you've counted the implement bonus twice, which I don't believe is correct.

Once I add the Bracers of the Perfect Shot, again nothing changes - it could just be loot.

If I check the box next to the Bracers on the Magic tab, the item becomes equipped. At this point, the damage should increase to d10+8, but it appears that's not happening.

From my calculations, the attack rating should be +9 vs Fort, which is correct. The damage should be d10+8 and it's showing as d10+6, with the Bracers not being properly incorporated.

Colen is the expert on this stuff, but he's offline for a few days. So I may be wrong, but I think the above is an accurate analysis.

cryptoknight
November 11th, 2010, 01:40 PM
You should also add the following.

I have superior implement mastery and I have a Defiant First Blood Rod +2 which has the property of Energized (Radiant), which does +2 damage at heroic tier, +3 at paragon and +4 at epic if the power is doing Radiant damage.

So
1d10
+4 (My wisdom modifier)
+2 (My Implement's bonus)
+2 (Bracers of the perfect shot)
+2 (Implement is Energized (Radiant)

1d10 + 10 damage.

Now I'll grant that since Superior Implements do not appear to function in HL that that's where 2 points of damage are missing from.

Colen
November 15th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Powers that count as ranged basic attacks are an interesting case - I hadn't considered those for things like the Bracers of the Perfect Shot. I'll get that fixed for the next update. The different flavours of Energized stuff also doesn't appear to be being tracked properly; I'll take a look at that as well.