PDA

View Full Version : Adding Ongoing Damage to Adjustments

Dug
November 10th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Hi

I am playing around with the 4e set by trying to add a new type of Adjustment which can be added in the In-Play section. :cool: I've managed to add a simple version which shows:

<check box> "Ongoing Damage" <up/down incrementer for value> <source text box> <duration text box>

I would like to improve this by having the <source txt box> be a drop down pick list of the different damage types, and the duration text box be a drop down pick list of save ends, end of next turn, etc. Then a nother box which could identify the source of the effect. Maybe I am being to ambitious :eek:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Doug

rob
November 11th, 2010, 10:37 AM
This is currently not implemented, but it's definitely a great idea that could be added. In fact, it's something that would probably be best added by us, since I'm guessing it's something a lot of users would like. The key thing is that, even if we have a list to selection from, we need to still let users type in a custom value to handle the exceptional cases that aren't anticipated. Let me talk to Colen about this.

Dug
November 11th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks Rob. Glad to hear I may have influenced a future development feature . :) I agree there would still need to be a text field to track the possible oddball stuff that may come up too.

Apparently I was being to ambitious!! ;)

While you are looking at it - could you look at the posiblity of adding something for other conditions. Blinded, dazed, etc.

Thanks again
Dug

Colen
November 15th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I'll look into adding a Conditions tab like Pathfinder / d20 have, so you can check off the conditions affecting your hero. I'm not sure how much work it'll be, but it'll hopefully be in a future release.

Thanks for the suggestions!