PDA

View Full Version : question about the ddi account

edon1987
November 9th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I was wondering. I use hero lab and a friend of mine uses the WOTC character builder that you have to subscribe for. Im not really down to pay monthly for a character builder and theres not really anything else id use a DDI account for. I was wondering tho if its possible to update my hero lab with his DDI info, or will something bad happen to his DDI account or my Hero Lab account if we do it that way. Im under the impression that 1 HL + 1 DDI no matter what shouldnt break any rules but im not positive.

SAbel
November 9th, 2010, 08:26 PM
The downloader needs an account name and log in to work properly. DDI only allows a limited amount of downloads each month for updates.

rob
November 10th, 2010, 05:07 AM
I was wondering. I use hero lab and a friend of mine uses the WOTC character builder that you have to subscribe for. Im not really down to pay monthly for a character builder and theres not really anything else id use a DDI account for. I was wondering tho if its possible to update my hero lab with his DDI info, or will something bad happen to his DDI account or my Hero Lab account if we do it that way. Im under the impression that 1 HL + 1 DDI no matter what shouldnt break any rules but im not positive.

Doing this would be a violation of your friend's DDI account, so I would recommend against doing this. It would be akin to him giving you a copy of the Character Builder that he downloaded. Perhaps you could sign up for a one-month trial of DDI and give it a try for yourself?

That being said, I'm not aware of any way this could currently be detected nor anything "bad" that would necessarily happen to you if you elected to go through with this.

SAbel
November 10th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Other than possible sleepless nights of self loathing :)