PDA

View Full Version : Feat Creation question-

elussya
November 8th, 2010, 11:51 PM
How would I create a feat that adds an additional 1st level at will attack power?

Aescleal
November 8th, 2010, 11:58 PM
It's a two stage thing:

- create the power
- create the feat, adding the id of the power to the feats bootstrap section

At least it works for me!

Cheers,

Ash

elussya
November 9th, 2010, 12:10 AM
No no, the feat would just add the ability to choose an additional (ie, any) 1st level at will attack power. Therein lies the quandry.

Aescleal
November 9th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Ah, gotcha. In that case have a look at the half-elf for an example. There's a script in there which you can probably hack to give you want you want. The finished object will probably be simpler as you don't have to worry about eliminating the character's current classes at-wills and changing the result to an encounter power.

Cheers,

Ash

Deathdealer
November 9th, 2010, 05:53 AM
I've got a similar question, as for some reason Superior Implement Training isn't offering any of the Sorcerer superior implement daggers in the drop-down box for the sorcerer I'm building.
Any way for me to fix this? :confused:
{EDIT}: okay, for some reason the superior implement daggers were moved from Superior Implement Training to Weapon Proficiency. Now I'm really confused...

Colen
November 10th, 2010, 12:04 PM
elussya: In the editor, on the Mechanics tab, copy the "At-Will Power Mechanics" thing. This controls the level and rate at which you learn new powers. Every level in the default mechanics is set to "1 / 1" - that means 2 first level powers at all levels. You can change this to whatever you like - "1 / 1 / 1" would mean 3 first level powers, for example.

Check the "Don't Bootstrap" checkbox, and then bootstrap your new mechanic from the feat. That should change the number of powers you're allowed whenever the feat is taken.

Colen
November 10th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Deathdealer: That's strange... they should definitely be under Superior Implement Training, like the rest of the Orbs, Wands, etc. I'll put this on the bug list to fix.

Thanks!

Deathdealer
November 10th, 2010, 01:49 PM
You're welcome, and I'm looking forward to the eventual update!

elussya
November 10th, 2010, 05:48 PM
elussya: In the editor, on the Mechanics tab, copy the "At-Will Power Mechanics" thing. This controls the level and rate at which you learn new powers. Every level in the default mechanics is set to "1 / 1" - that means 2 first level powers at all levels. You can change this to whatever you like - "1 / 1 / 1" would mean 3 first level powers, for example.

Check the "Don't Bootstrap" checkbox, and then bootstrap your new mechanic from the feat. That should change the number of powers you're allowed whenever the feat is taken.

Yup... Still not working.

rob
November 11th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Colen left last night for a few days of much needed R&R, and this particular question goes beyond my knowledge of how the 4E files work. So I'm afraid you won't get a good answer to this for a few days, but Colen should get back to you on this when he returns Monday. Thanks for your patience!

Colen
November 15th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Elussya: Can you email me the file to colen@wolflair.com ? I'll take a look and see what might be going wrong.