PDA

View Full Version : 4E Essentials support in Hero Lab?

remoore2891
November 7th, 2010, 05:47 AM
The DDI Compendium seems to contain the information from the two Essentials players' books, Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms and Heroes of the Fallen Lands, but I can't seem to build a Hero Lab character using those rules even after downloading the entire Compendium on 11/5/10.

Is there an option I need to be switching on or something else I'm missing in the program itself, or are those builds still not supported? Will they be supported in the very near future?

Please advise. Access to Essentials classes was a core part of the reason I chose Hero Lab for my 4E character builds. Thanks in advance.

SAbel
November 7th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Hello remoore2891,
I think that the Essesntials need to have some coding done for them to work (ie people to be able to pick ess wizard VS PHB wizard, possible) or the information needs to be worked on for the converter to make it function properly in HL. Either way you should not worry b/c the guys here at Lone Wolf ROCK, they will get the information up and running. You should know that the data is not just downloaded it is converted to work with HL from the DDI Compendium (that is why it takes so long to update).
I have been using HL since is was released and other programs from Lone Wolf (Army Builder and Card Vault) you will be happy with the program and all it has to offer, along with the best customer service of any company. Make sure to look through some of the other 4E threads b/c there is some talk of the ess. books in other areas as well.

SAbel

Colen
November 9th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I didn't have a chance to get the Essentials data for the new classes (or new class variants, however you prefer to think of them) imported last time we did a 4e update - Wizards made some unexpected changes to the compendium, which broke the downloader, and I had to make the November update as quick as possible. :(

I'm planning to add the new Essentials classes in next month's update, so they should be included then.

Hope this helps!

remoore2891
November 9th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Many thanks for the response, Colen. Looking forward to December!