PDA

View Full Version : Feature Requests/Bug Reports

coeranys
November 5th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Where do Feature Requests go? Currently a lot of stuff seems missing/not working properly. I found most of these while building a Half-Elf Paladin (as will become clear) but I'm sure some similar stuff exists for other races/classes as well. If they'll be acted upon in a timely manner I'd be happy to go through and find similar things for other combos.

1) Powers that allow you to use one of two stats currently default to the first stat it lists. For instance, Ardent Strike for the Paladin can use Strength OR Charisma for attack and damage, but HL only shows the stats with Strength. There should be either a dropdown to choose, or it should choose the highest modifier (the second one is probably the better option since there's never really a time you'd want to use a non-optimum stat for attacking.)

2) Taking a multiclass feat doesn't tell HL that you are that class for the purpose of qualifying for other feats, so if I take Student of Battle to multi-class into a Fighter, it doesn't register me as a fighter and any future Fighter feats I take show up as incorrect.

3) It doesn't seem to calculate bonuses correctly in some situations, especially re: untyped bonuses. It seems to consider the source of the bonus, and not the type of bonus conferred. For instance, the Epic defense feats (Epic Will, Epic Reflexes, Epic Fortitude) are specifically untyped bonuses, but don't seem to stack with other feat bonuses. Additionally, some items which provide an Item Bonus to a defense (Diamond Cincture, for instance) don't actually apply to the defense in question. Some others do, but that one in particular does not.

4) Weapons that are also Implements (Holy Avenger for instance) don't get used as your implement for any implement attacks you may have.

5) If you are a Half-Elf and you take Versatile Master to use your dilettante power as an At-Will, it still registers it as an Encounter power.

6) If I am higher than level 21, it doesn't update the damage shown for my At-Will powers that have moved to do 2W damage at this level.

7) At higher level, the Feats on the character sheet are spread out across four different columns on two different pages.

8) Certain class features (as with Paladin) have to be taken in place of others, but the program still lists you as having all of them available to you instead of having you choose one.

9) Many of the class features are cut off, and it also lists all class feature for, for instance, your Epic Destiny, even if you aren't high enough level to have access to them yet, without indicating that level restriction on them, so you have no way to know if you even have access to a power listed on your sheet.

10) It doesn't actually list any passive properties of any of your items anywhere, and while it lists their at-will, encounter, or daily powers, it doesn't actually say what those powers do, only that there is a power associated with the item.

You have a real chance to pick up a lot of users with WotC making an unpopular change to their character builder, but it will take some spit and polish.

cryptoknight
November 5th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Just noticed this post.

11) Melee Training - Allows you to select a different Attribute for melee basic attacks. When you do you get stat bonus instead of strength to hit and 1/2 stat bonus (rounded down) on damage.

12) Power Cards - Should print each weapon on it's own line instead of running them together

cryptoknight
November 5th, 2010, 03:23 AM
13) This might be an oversight on my part but. Can we have the ability to redesign/customize the character sheet layout that we print? For me, I'd like to put some more lines on the paper to divide up the various areas. And like the new Essentials character sheet, move the skills under their appropriate ability score.

Jay Ibero
November 5th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Some minor things I discovered now that the ddidownloader is fixed:

1) If you hybrid to psionic augmentation classes, it doesn't process this correctly and says to pick encounter powers instead of only at-wills, since neither class has encounter powers. It also only lets you pick 2 at-wills a level 1.

2) Various triggered powers seem to be missing their trigger entry. Ardent Alacrity and Ardent Outrage for instance, while blurred step and dark reaping do have their triggers shown on the same character sheet (Revenant hybrid ardent|battlemind).

3) It also shows both ardent alacrity and outrage powers when you should only have one or the other, and only if the Hybrid Talent feat is used to select it. Similarly the sheet shows having both blurred step AND mindspike as a hybrid, when only the selected one of the two should be there. In both cases, they only show up on the character sheet though, but aren't listed in the actual power column on the class tab in hero lab.

davidthegnome2003
November 5th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Orb of Imposition: Includes the text from the errata and a sentence from Staff of Defense, but not the original text.

cryptoknight
November 5th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Deva: Should get common and choice of 2 other languages. Mine only gets common.

cryptoknight
November 5th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Make a Human Hybrid Fighter/Rogue. MC Ranger
A few problems creep up which make me think all the languages need help.

1. If I pick Elven as a language (humans get common + 1) I'm told I've spent 1 of 0 languages

2. I should have 7 trainable skills (3 base Hybrid + 1 Human + 2 from Hybrid Rogue + 1 from MC Ranger). I'm told I have 6 out of 4 selected (I'm guessing the MC ranger doesn't count as my count of skills).

3. Also my Hybrid Fighter/Rogue can take the Channel Divinity Feat Anthem of Civilization. 1. I don't worship a deity of the Civilization domains, 2 I don't have Channel Divinity. Both are required to take the feat.

Skip the one below... I just realized that Character builder was doing it wrong. Dang... my defenses have been wrong on many characters for several years. :/
CB (and me) were both forgetting to include Two Weapon Defense for both AC and Ref

4. My Ref and Fort defenses are the same. Hybrid Fighter = +1 Fort, Hybrid Rogue = +1 Ref 20 STR, 18 Dex... Level = 9, +2 cloak. Ref = 4 (lvl) + 4 (Dex) + 1 (Rogue) +2 (Cloak) + 10 = 21. Fort = +4 (lvl) + 5 (Str) +1 (Fighter) + 2 (Cloak) = 22. Both are coming up 22.

cryptoknight
November 7th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Human who select to have a 3rd at-will still get the Heroic Effort Power Card even though they shouldn't

Sakri
November 9th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I created my old Level 17 kalashtar cleric|invoker in Hero Lab and noticed the following bugs:

1. Invoker's Blaze feat doesn't add its damage bonus to radiant powers.

2. I get a +1 bonus to Reflex from class, which I shouldn't.

3. Feats in character sheet are distributed to three different columns. This is annoying; feats should all be in the same place.

4. The program gives me free Hybrid Talent feat for some reason. Maybe it believes I have selected hybrid paragon path although I have selected Radiant Servant paragon path.

5. Many power cards have odd printings on them such as: "<i> Trigger: </i> You miss an enemy with a radiant power. <i> Effect: </i> Reroll the attack roll." Those <i>-thingies shouldn't be there. There are also www urls in many power cards which make them look ugly.

6. I can't find how to add to my character a superior implement that has a magical property. Maybe I just don't know how to do it, but the option may be missing.

I think the program seems to have too many bugs in it at the moment, since I found so many by just creating one character. I would like to know, whether Lone Wolf will make a serious attempt to squash the majority of bugs in the program some time soon?

Duggan
November 9th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I think the program seems to have too many bugs in it at the moment, since I found so many by just creating one character. I would like to know, whether Lone Wolf will make a serious attempt to squash the majority of bugs in the program some time soon?
Lone Wolf is a small company, so they're occasionally a bit limited in what they can address immediately. I can give you the advice that if you post your portfolio on here (the usual method is to zip it up and use the Attach button for the post), it's easier to track down the bugs. As it is, they have no idea what else is on your character that might be affecting your results.

Sakri
November 9th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Lone Wolf is a small company, so they're occasionally a bit limited in what they can address immediately. I can give you the advice that if you post your portfolio on here (the usual method is to zip it up and use the Attach button for the post), it's easier to track down the bugs. As it is, they have no idea what else is on your character that might be affecting your results.

Unfortunately, I can't do that since I am still in demo mode.

Colen
November 10th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Thanks for posting this thread - I'll put these bugs on the list to fix for the next release. Feel free to post any others you find here. :)

starman77
November 12th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Make a Human Hybrid Fighter/Rogue. MC Ranger
A few problems creep up which make me think all the languages need help.

1. If I pick Elven as a language (humans get common + 1) I'm told I've spent 1 of 0 languages

This is not a bug with HL. WotC broke it, they removed the bonus language for human's from the compendium. Therefor HL is showing the "correct" info. I fixed it through the editor and replaces thing field.

cryptoknight
November 12th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Throwing weapons qualify for magical properties such as Rebounding.

HL doesn't let me legally put Rebounding (an any ranged) property onto a Thrown Weapon such as a Throwing Hammer (which is classified of all things as a non-ranged melee weapon).

cryptoknight
November 12th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Resurgent Smite (Divine Power) is missing from the 7th level Paladin encounter powers list.

http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/display.aspx?page=power&id=7259

Aescleal
November 13th, 2010, 12:46 AM
As everyone else is getting in on the act - I don't think these problems have been noted anywhere else on the thread, sorry if there's any duplication:

- Intelligent Blademaster doesn't change any bonuses for basic attacks. It might have been the route I picked it up that caused the problem (multiclass with Blade Initiate then selected Intelligent Blademaster).

- Tomes can't be equipped, and in the case of the tomes that give out bonus powers (e.g. Tome of Striking Lightning) you can't select any more daily powers. This is both true for single classed and multiclassed wizards.

- Resourceful Magician doesn't implement the level 11 feature. At level 11 you can pick up loads of extra doodads depending on how you've multiclassed. Specifically though you don't get Eldritch Blast if you've taken Pact Initiate, Cantrips if you've selected Arcane Initiate and the resistance to elements feature if you've selected the Sorcerer multiclass feat, the name of which escapes me at the mo.

- Resourceful Magician doesn't implement the level 16 feature. At level 16 any powers you select can be selected from any arcane class you've taken the multiclass for.

Cheers,

Ash

PS: Work arounds for the immediate future gratefully accepted!

Koranak
November 15th, 2010, 01:03 AM
I created a druid, and took a multiclass assassin feat that allows me to use a ki focus as my implement. After purchasing a ki focus, HL is not allowing me to equip it; it's jut not on the drop-down of available options.

Edit: for clarity, the drop-down I am talking about is on the "special" tab. If I buy a staff and a totem in the same way as I bought the Ki Focus, the staff and totem both appear on the list, but the ki focus does not.

Sakri
November 16th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Thanks for posting this thread - I'll put these bugs on the list to fix for the next release. Feel free to post any others you find here. :)

Sweet. I'll buy my license if I see that the bugs I submitted are fixed in the next version.

cryptoknight
November 16th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Ok so all the Divinity feats are available to my Hybrid Fighter/Rogue MC Ranger.

He has no Channel Divinity capacity, and he worships the goddess of luck, yet.

He can select Death Knell.

Prerequisites listed at the top:
Channel Divinity Class Feature, must worship a deity in the death domain.

There is no way he should be able to select this feat.

He can also select the Rose King series of feats (prerequisite: Avenger or Swordmage, proficiency with the Longsword).

Yet... some class based prerequisites are restricted from him (such as some that are restricted to runepriests). Odd.

cryptoknight
November 16th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Oh and some of the fighting styles show up on powers and others don't

For instance, Vigilante Justice Style shows up on my character's riposte strike, but Midnight Blade Student and Red Cloak Student don't show up on any powers.

Bobcat11
November 16th, 2010, 09:57 PM
With Swordmage, all three aegis powers are showing up on the power cards, as is my 20th level paragon power from Academy Master

Chaosbleeds
November 17th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Hey there.

Not sure if it falls within the original poster holy avenger issue, but here goes:
1) If you multiclass into a class that can use weapons as implements (such as the swordmage), one should be able to use it as implements for powers of the main class, but I can't find a way to do it. Is it something I overlooked or is it not implemented yet? :)

If it's not implemented, I'm suggesting it! :D

Thanks in advance.

Chaosbleeds
November 17th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Also,

Healing surge quantity do not properly adjust from Con to Cha after adding Ring of Tenacious Will.

EDIT: nor does equipping an Iron Ring of the Dwarf Lords add a healing surge.

Bobcat11
November 17th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Two more issues I've found:
Daggers aren't selectable as implements, and the 20th level daily seems to consistently show up on paragon level character sheets.

One feature request, which I feel I may have missed: Weapons and Armor having power cards.

Bobcat11
November 18th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Okay, so playing around with Hero Lab some more today, I realized I'd just kept missing the weapon and armor cards, thinking that they'd be with the other items. Sorry about that.

cryptoknight
November 19th, 2010, 03:29 AM
Just curious because maybe I missed it, but where do Beast Master Ranger's animal companions show up in the app?

usernamesarepoop
November 19th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Hi folks. I'm yet another 4e player who, due to the fact that I'm starting to think that maybe I kinda can't cope with WotC's new version of their Character Builder, ended up wandering over here in my frustration, looking for more information to chew on.

I'm here, of course, because I'm considering getting a Hero Lab license to use with D&D 4e.

Gathering what I can by nosing around on the Lone Wolf forums a bit and reading feature requests and bug reports, it looks like the downside of Hero Lab is that it currently may be buggy to a degree that is a bit better than the new CB WotC has put out, though not as trouble-free as the Character Builder "Classic"(1), but with the compound upside of:

1) ...being far more full-featured, particularly in regard to house-ruling and custom item creation...
2) ...having a hard-working staff who are Johnny-on-the-spot about ironing out bugs.

The bug thing is of prime importance to a lazy user like me because the main reason I purchase and use a service like my DDI account and a piece of software such as the Character Builder or Hero Lab is that I have no interest/time/inclination to actually do the math and audit it myself to make sure that my character is legit, bonuses/adjustments are calculated correctly and these bonuses and adjustments are being taken advantage of properly. To boil it down, the core reason I buy the service/app is to benefit from it doing everything correctly so I don't have to: I pretty much operate as if the software I'm using is the final word on such stuff and use it as my referee.

While assessing whether or not I will be making a purchase, I think the two most important pieces of information I want to obtain about Hero Lab for D&D 4e are:

1) Is my assessment of Hero Lab's current accuracy and feature-completeness reasonably fair and accurate? By "accuracy and feature-completeness" I mean "does it allow me to do everything the current rulebooks say I can and calculate this stuff correctly?" Or is it more/less tight than I'm gathering?
For the sake of comparison and reference(2), my impression of the old WotC Character Builder Classic is that it's "pretty good", letting me accurately create most of the stuff the game says I should be able to and with few exceptions, while the new online-only CB is a large step backwards; inaccurate, buggy and incomplete to a degree where it's pretty hard to make a case for using it. Where is the latest version of Hero Lab on this continuum, currently?(3)

2) How often do updates to Hero Lab appear? This is a biggie for me because, though I have read through quite a few listed bugs on these forums (posted by people more observant than me), the response from Lone Wolf representatives regarding fixing any particular list of issues in "the next update" is very impressive. If these updates happen fairly often, that goes a long way toward selling me on the product.

I've heard a few people say that the new WotC CB is a big opportunity to companies like Lone Wolf, and I guess I'm further proof that it's true!

(1) I am very interested in any and all input and viewpoints anyone has to offer on this admittedly minimally-researched assessment/question, particularly from users of both apps.

(2) ...and that only - I'm not trying to hijack this forum into a WotC gripe-fest, I'm trying to gather info.

(3) Let me state, before anyone suggests that I download the demo to test it myself, that I know this and that I definitely will do so. The reason I ask other people this accuracy question is because, I'm sorry to say, I can test the app all I want and I'm not going to notice the lion's share of any existing math errors or incorrectly-applied rules mechanics. :rolleyes:

cryptoknight
November 19th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Updates seem to be monthly.

As for click it and forget it HL has pointed out bugs in CB (such as Tempest fighters getting 2 weapon defense free and CB forgetting to add it and my avenger's Improved armor of faith not scaling when she hit Paragon). It's also nice that you can hover a mouse over almost every number to see how that number was derived.

usernamesarepoop
November 19th, 2010, 10:39 AM
That sort of mouse hover context feature is definitely nice.

Yeah, Class Features not adding to a sheet is the sort of stuff I actually would notice sometimes. When you say "CB" do you mean the new one or the old one they're now calling "Character Builder Classic"? I've noticed that the CB Classic never gives you an opportunity to pick your affected implement and weapon for the Versatile Expertise feat so you never get your bonuses, too, but overall it's much more usable than the new iteration.
In your experience would you say you feel that HL is more comparable to CB Classic than to the new one in regards to accuracy?
...Though I guess if you're an HL customer, you simply switched a while back and you've probably felt no reason to use the CB in a while.
I think when I get a few moments I'll try building up some existing CBC-built characters in the HL demo and doing a direct comparison of the numbers on both the sheet and the Power Cards.

usernamesarepoop
November 19th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Also, sorry, I'm kind of a forum dunce: at first blush I thought of this as definitely being "related to" feature requests/bug reports, but now I'm thinking maybe it belongs somewhere else. Should post this as a new thread and stop replying here?

Aescleal
November 19th, 2010, 11:25 AM
For me HL is about on par with CB classic at the mo - both have some real irritations that make them useless in certain situations. So far I've found Hero Lab significantly better when the characters aren't multiclassed and CB classic better when they are [1].

Hero Lab scores in two other ways as well:
- It's more up to date in terms of available feats and powers
- It's way more customisable (as in you can customise just about anything), which is the big seller for me. I wish I'd looked for it rather than supporting CB classic all these years.

Cheers,

Ash

[1] Which means I'm having to use CB classic for a game I'm playing in - my character is a Bard/Resourceful Magician. However I use HL for the game I'm GMing in which all the characters are single classed with only minor irritations.

cryptoknight
November 19th, 2010, 12:25 PM
In your experience would you say you feel that HL is more comparable to CB Classic than to the new one in regards to accuracy?
...Though I guess if you're an HL customer, you simply switched a while back and you've probably felt no reason to use the CB in a while.

I'm a recent convert to HL from CBC.

When WotC decided to go with online only, I had to look for something that will work offline to support the convention I run. Prior to Wizard's stupidity, I'd install CBC on 3 non-internet enabled desktops and let people make and manage their characters for D&D LFR games.

They'd ask me how to get it, and I'd tell them to buy DDi subscriptions. The next year they'd show up with laptops with their own installs of CBC on them. With CBW being the new WotC stupidity, I don't have much choice, I need an offline tool. HL is at least as good as CBC

cryptoknight
November 19th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Armor of Resistance should ask you to identify what damage type you have resistance to.

Right now it doesn't

Aescleal
November 19th, 2010, 01:06 PM
New Bug: Flaming Sphere (Wizard Daily Level 1) hasn't got the effect text in either the character builder or on the character sheet.

Cheers,

Ash

cryptoknight
November 19th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Multiclass feats with OR requirements are not doing OR.

For instance my Hybrid Swordmage/Wizard has a 14 Wisdom, I should be able to select Brawling Warrior. I can't because it says I don't have the stats.

cryptoknight
November 19th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Intelligent Blademaster should modify melee basic attacks but doesn't

Just like Melee training, except that Intelligent Blademaster doesn't do 1/2 Int damage like Melee Training does.

My to-hit with melee basic attacks on my hybrid is +9 vs AC it should be the same as my booming blade power +15 vs AC

To hit = 1/2 Level (4) + Weapon profi bonus (longsword +3) + Enahcnement bonus (+2) + Int mod (+6) = +15 HL shows +9 which is because it's using my str.

Sinner666
November 19th, 2010, 06:43 PM
1.) There is no way to have a magical superior implement. I can have a magic implement & a superior implement in my gear section but I can not "make" a superior magic implement. Due to this all of my powers are incorrect for damage and range, range is not a big deal since even the CB never changed that, but I do hate having to constantly add the modifier for my superior implement.

2.) All of my paragon path powers and features show up regardless of what level I am. Since there is no way to hide power cards like in the character builder I am stuck attempting to remember they do not apply

Other than that seems to work perfectly.

zarlor
November 26th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Bugs:

1) 13th level Warden Encounter Power "Stormhowler's Strike" from the "Primal Power" sourcebook doesn't seem to show up for some reason (although the rest of the PP powers seem to... this is after having done ddi update, of course.)

2) Level 14 characters seem to show that they should have 3 Encounter Powers and it's set up to Add that power, but the 3rd power in the set goes red and there is a Validation Error that there are one too many encounter powers chosen. The error disappears, however, once the character is leveled to 15.

Feature Requests:
1) Modifying the weight of a custom item in inventory.

2) Throwing weapons listed under Ranged Weapons as well as their Melee spot (or just recognize those items can be both things and appropriately list all of the stats... that, and as a previous poster mentioned, being able to put Ranged magic effects on this without a validation error.)

3) Rituals printed out as Power Cards or at least an option to add them in a list with their rules on the character sheet printout.

4) The ability to add Damage (instead of just "to hit") bonuses on the "Permanent Adjustments" modifiers.

Lenny Zimmerman
Metairie, LA

cryptoknight
November 27th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Several magic items

Strikebacks, Feytouched Armor for example

When printed as a power card have a URL embedded in them instead of the text that shows up in HL.

Sinner666
November 29th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Can not recall if this was posted or not but multi-class'ing seems to not work correctly.

For example I took the feat Bardic Dilletant and should be able to take the Bard of all Trades feat but it comes up with a validation error. I double checked the rules and so far as I can tell this is legal.

Not sure if this happening with any other multi-class feats or not.

jcheraz
December 1st, 2010, 04:53 PM
Selecting the Feat "Goliath Greatweapon Prowess" is supposed to grant the character proficiency with all simple and military two-handed weapons, and a +2 to damage with those weapons. However, no military two-handed weapons are showing as proficient when I move to the Armory and try to select Melee Weapons (greatsword, greatspear, glaive, greataxe, halberd, heavy flail, heavy war pick, et al are all showing as not proficient and grayed out).

Also, you make the Runepriest select his/her mastery as a hard-coded item (in the Rune Master field on the Class tab). However, they can change this stance every round or between encounters if they choose. Descriptions of both should be on the character sheet when printing (if not using the Hero Labs program in-session).

Xerix
December 23rd, 2010, 06:40 AM
Bug:

- Fighter At-Will power: Brash Strike
- Not adding the Con modifier to your damage for wielding an Axe, Hammer or Mace.

Blade5593
December 29th, 2010, 07:06 PM
In building a battlemind MCing into warden with the feat Defender of the Wild and paragon classing into Son of Mercy, the epic destiny Reincarnate Champion is showing up red. Prereq for reincarnate champion is primal power source that defender of the wild provides.

RavenX
January 5th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Not sure if this would be considered a bug or feature request but lately I have been using HL to build monsters for my players to fight. I like putting the monsters into the computer because it makes managing battles easy for me. I noticed alot of the resistances and alternative movement types missing from the monster section.

I like being able to preload my monsters into HL for ease of play and management through the tactical console. This software makes my DMing a lot easier. I just would like more options in the monster building section since WOTC is taking the Monster Builder away from us as well.

RavenX
January 5th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Had one other feature request. Would it be possible to have the downloader snag the creatures out of compendium as well? for the Monster Building side of the software? The tactical console feature is really nice and I enjoy using it. I built a group of xmas themed monsters for my players to fight on xmas eve and hero lab helped me build them nicely. I would really like to be able to have the monsters build into herolab already to edit or make changes to. I know it would be a lot of work to get the downloader to do it, but it would open up a whole new level functionality for DMing the game.

RavenX
January 18th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I noticed that the Backgrounds are finally there, but I have to put in the background choice benefits by hand for skill related choices. While this is not a problem, it becomes a problem if the player wants to take the skill as a class skill because I can not add that as an option. I also noticed some of the feat / class features are not being accounted for as well.
In addition to these problems I found that the Psion class features are only showing up for one psionic discipline under the class tab, but the feature cards are showing up for the focus chosen and the telepathy focus. I had to turn off the extra power cards before printing sheets off. I noticed HL has been doing the same thing for the Half Elf choice between dilettante power and knack for success is printing both cards as well.

Sinner666
January 19th, 2011, 05:40 PM
It does the same thing for Paragon Paths as well. It shows all the power cards and features even if your not the appropriate level. Mildly annoying but manageable.

RavenX
January 19th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah thanks for letting me know that Sinner. My campaigns have not yet touched paragon or epic tier. My players are barely able to handle the heroic tier at this time and I am hesitant to take them into high level games until they are capable of handling it. Good to know I will have to manually turn the extra cards off.

Digibetus
February 8th, 2011, 01:58 AM
I couldn't find the power Resurgent Smite even after the last update and running ddidownloader (with ddi account) again. When i searched for the power in the herolabs\data\4e it only came up in output.txt:
Error generating unique id for power Resurgent Smite
>>> Error outputting power Resurgent Smite
>>> No XML node created for power Resurgent Smite

Looking through output.txt there seems to be a lot more missing because the same error comes up multiple times for other powers.
I've been able to build 5 characters and only missed resurgent smite so it's not too bad but i'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong or encountered a bug.

Maidhc O Casain
February 8th, 2011, 07:08 AM
The feat 'Acolyte of Divine Secrets' doesn't seem to be granting training in the Religion skill.

The magic item 'Iouns Revelation' doesn't appear to be granting the +2 skill bonus.

NOTE: This is the first time I've used HL for 4E, so I may be missing a step or something . . .

(Reposted from my original thread)

Northern_Wolf
February 11th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Bug:

Swordmage Paragon Path Power of Malec Keth Janissary

Loyal Unto Death
Does not report Effect of power at all (Teleporting with ally)

Maidhc O Casain
February 19th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Ki Focus (+2) applied to the character's Falchion is applying it's bonus to hit, but not to damage on the Assassin Power Executioner's Noose. Though the falchion isn't what strikes the creature, the Ki Focus should still be in effect for damage. I confirmed this through the Character Builder, which does apply the damage to the Executioner's Noose.

Moratu
February 21st, 2011, 06:31 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but utility powers are not showing up as power cards. Please, correct me if I am wrong. Looking to find a way to fix this.

cryptoknight
March 3rd, 2011, 05:06 PM
Wizards are still missing some powers... Thunderwave is one of them.

Digibetus
March 9th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Glad to see i'm not the only one missing powers. The compendium does show things like thunderwave so it's not wizards fault this time.
I've compiled a list of all things getting "Error generating unique id for".
Nearly 3000 errors, most of them powers.
I'm pretty sure i removed the duplicates but my vim skills are a bit rusty.
If i can help in anyway, please let me know.

Colen
March 18th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but utility powers are not showing up as power cards. Please, correct me if I am wrong. Looking to find a way to fix this.

Hmm, they're showing up for me. Which power(s) are you having a problem with? Can you email me a saved portfolio to colen@wolflair.com demonstrating the problem?

Colen
March 18th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Wizards are still missing some powers... Thunderwave is one of them.

This will be fixed in the upcoming release, now that all the Wizard powers can be accessed in the Compendium again. :)

Colen
March 18th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Glad to see i'm not the only one missing powers. The compendium does show things like thunderwave so it's not wizards fault this time.
I've compiled a list of all things getting "Error generating unique id for".
Nearly 3000 errors, most of them powers.
I'm pretty sure i removed the duplicates but my vim skills are a bit rusty.
If i can help in anyway, please let me know.

Thanks for poking me about this - I fiddled with things so that 200+ powers, feats etc that were being missed because of this error will now be parsed properly by the downloader.

RavenX
March 20th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Con modifier is not being added to the fighter powers that add both str and con to the damage in the calculations on the character sheets.

I also noticed that its giving me a validation error for too many powers picked on the wizard's encounter powers when all 3 powers are picked at the paragon tier...

RavenX
March 21st, 2011, 02:32 AM
This might not make it into the current update but... Would it be possibly to add something that allowed distinguishing literacy and speech to the languages characters know?

Campaigns in Dark Sun make this an important distinction because sorcerer-kings keep literacy out of the hands of the "common" people lest they learn the truth of their history and rise against their overseers.

Colen
March 21st, 2011, 12:36 PM
This might not make it into the current update but... Would it be possibly to add something that allowed distinguishing literacy and speech to the languages characters know?

Campaigns in Dark Sun make this an important distinction because sorcerer-kings keep literacy out of the hands of the "common" people lest they learn the truth of their history and rise against their overseers.

How does this work in Dark Sun - does each one count as a separate language? Or is it up to the player to say "I know Common, but I can only speak it, not write"?

RavenX
March 21st, 2011, 12:56 PM
Its up to the character and DM based on that characters background and or theme. If the character is a Templar or Merchant they are likely to be literate in at least one or two languages, but if they are a gladiator or former slave, the best they can hope for is to speak it. It really requires DM approval to be literate because the Sorcerer Kings of the land keep the people illiterate intentionally... it has to do with the fact that the Sorcerer Kings were responsible for the destruction of the world in genocidal campaigns to exterminate the non human races from the planet. If the common people knew of this fact, they'd quickly turn against their masters.

RavenX
March 21st, 2011, 01:32 PM
Many of the old dark sun character sheets had check boxes next to languages, one for literate, and one for spoken. Because speaking and reading / writing are different.

Colen
March 22nd, 2011, 09:53 AM
It sounds like I should add an option to track Literacy as well, then - one option for literacy to take up a separate language slot, and another for you to just track it per-language without it costing extra.

RavenX
March 22nd, 2011, 04:28 PM
That would make it easy yes. Thanks for putting so much work into the software.

arisath
March 26th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I have just downloaded and tried the demo software, and I have a small list of bugs (or things I can't figure out how to do) I found:
I cannot figure out how to equip an impliment. I have a +2 magic wand, and I can't figure out how to use it.
Backgrounds do not have the option of giving languages.
The Becomer feat does not grant a language for the human choice (It's supposed to be your choice), and the skill bonus does not register.
The Arcane Familiar feat does not grant any sort of familiar that I can see.
The Skill Power feat does not allow me to add a new utility power.
As well, the reports of multiclass problems are troubling, as I want to go into Resourceful Magician.
This looks like a great program that is nonetheless somewhat buggy. I will be buying and hoping they get resolved!

Edit: I found out how to equip my implement.

cryptoknight
April 4th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Celestial Skirmish on the Avenger Paragon Path Favored Soul is incorrect.

It should be

Effect: you fly your speed +2, During this movement, you gain a +6 bonus to AC against Opportunity Attacks. At any point during the movement, you can amke the following attack three times, each time against a different target.
Target; One Creature
Attack: Wisdom vs AC
Hit: 2[W] + Wisdom modifier radiant damage. If you hit two creatures the second is dazed (save ends), if you hit three creatures the third is stunned (save ends).

It has the hit line, but is missing the effect line.

cryptoknight
April 6th, 2011, 02:31 PM
It seems at least many of the Avenger Powers are missing their Effect lines completely.

Oath of the Many
Effect: Before the attack the target becomes your oath of enmity. If this causes you to have more than one oath target you do not regain the use of the your oath of enmity until all of your oath of enmity targets drop to 0 hit points or the end of the encounter.

Where are the Effect lines?

RavenX
April 7th, 2011, 01:28 AM
yeah i noticed some of the power card descriptions are missing too.

cryptoknight
April 11th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Wrist Razors are unique "weapon/slots"
When I create them enchanted they are still weapons near as I can tell.

Simple one-handed melee weapon
Cost: 1 gp
Damage: 1d4
Proficient: +3
Weight: 1 lb.

This weapon consists of three sharp blades that protrude from a sturdy bracer, freeing the wielder’s hand. A shield cannot be worn on the same arm as wrist razors. Wrist razors do not need to be drawn, nor do they need to be sheathed for the wielder to use the hand the razors are on. An enchanted wrist razor occupies the arms slot.

Properties:
Off-Hand (An off-hand weapon is light enough that you can hold it and attack effectively with it while holding a weapon in your main hand. You can’t attack with both weapons in the same turn, unless you have a power that lets you do so, but you can attack with either weapon.).

Group:
Light blade (Light blades reward accuracy as much as force. Pinpoint attacks, lunges, and agile defenses are the strong points of these weapons.).

cryptoknight
April 12th, 2011, 03:03 AM
So I started entering the LFR fast play characters into HL so we'd be ready for Anime Central.

I'm working on Dustan Ironforge Lvl 8 Knight
I select Shield block a lvl 8 utility power. And I'm told by the validator that the power is too high a level for a lvl 8 Knight.

cryptoknight
April 12th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Might want to improve the sneak attack damage table.

For a while I thought my essentials rogue could do
1-102d6 damage with a sneak attack.

a bit of spacing between the level range and the sneak attack damage would help

Level Damage
1-10 .....2d6

cryptoknight
April 12th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Essentials Rogues (Thieves) should qualify for feats that are restricted to rogues.

Backstabber requires sneak attack and being a rogue. It's listed as unqualified.

norrisr1@yahoo.com
April 21st, 2011, 04:10 PM
Possible suggestions:

1. Is there any way to sort magic items by level. If I know what I am looking for, it is not a problem, but it would be nice to see what is available for a specific level.

2. Nit picky, but is there any way to resize the portrait, or move it to another location on the sheet?

3. I have not figured out how to add the psionic talent power that dark sun characters get. Is it right in front of me?

4. Also, just curious. Background Selection. Class skill choice. CB makes this an option and that you still have to choose that skill as a trained choices. I notice in Herolab it trains you in the skill when selected in the background. Which way is correct.

Thanks.

Ron

valstania
May 4th, 2011, 07:26 AM
I have created a variety of characters and this is what I found about the 4th ed character sheet:

1. On the grey title line that says "Defenses" it also has the word 'Psio' right before it.

2. Several class abilities cut off from lack of room. We need this on the sheets for ease of play. Especially newer players. Those fields should expand or have proper room to continue elsewhere on the sheet.

3. The option of having class abilities having book and page annotation on the sheet instead might help with this.

4. Is there a way to adjust money totals without needing a journal entry?

SAbel
May 9th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Valstania
answer to #4 is YES, all you need to do is go to character (above name after portfolio and before Tools) click it then goto configure hero..., then increase starting gold.

RavenX
May 9th, 2011, 06:21 PM
You only need one journal entry for money adjustments too. its not a big deal. I second the motion norris brought up about sorting magic items by level.

FarBeyondC
May 19th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Several things I (and my friend) noticed:

-Gestalt Anchor's +2 bonus to initiative (within the range of Ardent Mantle) is instead being applied to speed
-I think this was stated earlier, but Hybrid characters involving Psionic classes are improperly dealing with at-will / encounter powers
-Euphonic Bow (Bard) Implement Bonuses aren't adding correctly, namely the +3 enhancement bonuses of my Vicious Greatbow and Retributive Longbow aren't being applied
-A few augments for Psionic abilities aren't showing their effects (though that's likely a download issue)

FarBeyondC
July 18th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I just thought of something, after having to interrupt the ddidownloader for a bunch of critical updates.

Would it be feasible to make some sort of pause / continue function for the downloader, given that the time requirements (between 15 to 20 hours, by my calculations) for updating have made it completely impossible to due so for the past two months?

SAbel
July 25th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Staff Expertise Feat is not adding bonus.

Temujen
July 26th, 2011, 02:58 AM
I have just picked up HL for 4E and have been playing around with it. While making a new character that's a hybrid I noticed that the hybrid selections that require you to choose between a defense is not showing up. Some of them just give you the bonus to all the defenses and a couple don't give the bonus you are supposed to receive at all.

Example I am making a Psion/Monk hybrid in the DDI character creator I see that I should be getting a chose between +1 to either Fort/Ref or Will. Looking at the entry in the editor I see that there is no assigned bonus for the monk at all. Further looking I see that the Paladin hybrid gets a bonus to all defense instead of picking one as well. There are several more like that as well.

I just thought to mention it as I didn't see anyone else mention it and was hoping that there might be a fix and hope its not my data file being corrupted or something.

majestycreator
July 29th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I apologize if these have been reported already. I skimmed the previous entries, but didn't want to engross myself in 9 pages of bug reports before reporting a few issues I noticed, a couple of which are fairly big.

Thank you for your hard work on this program. I love it so far. I'm just looking to help improve things, no harsh tone or other unpleasantness intended.

Bugs:

It seems that most powers with triggers do not display what the trigger is, either in the tooltip within the builder or on the power card when you output the character for print.

Level 20 paragon path powers show up on character sheet even though character isn't level 20 yet.

The character sheet seems to move things around to fit the necessary text as best as possible, which is great. However, feats are appearing in multiple, disjointed sections on my sheets. If they need to appear in multiple columns/pages, there should at least be a contiguous flow to the information.

Feature Requests:

When selecting race, the text in the selection menu should indicate what the race's optional ability bonuses are. It's not always a deciding factor in a build, but would be handy to be able to reference while looking over race options.

Feats, class features, and other items seem to have a hard limit of three lines of text on the sheet. I understand this may be in place for space-saving, but there should at least be a toggle option for full-text display. Many features and feats are not easily referenced, as they cut off mid-sentence.

SAbel
August 2nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
Dragon Breath, is not adding level 11 bonus to hit, nor level 11 damage dice amount.

SAbel
August 2nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor: is nto adding its items bouns to tp damage rolls for powers that have the close attack, nor the +5 to breath weapon.

SAbel
August 2nd, 2011, 12:01 PM
Orb of Light: is listed as a level 99 item, (it is a multi level item)

HenchmanNo21
August 11th, 2011, 06:21 AM
I'm noodling around with the demo version of HL for 4e after seeing it in action at Gen Con, and have stumbled across an issue while creating a character:

Bug: A Sentinel (Druid) is only allowed one at-will power, but HL says he should pick two at-wills.

I poked around a bit in the Editor to see if I could adjust this myself, but had no luck.

This is a great product -- I'm going to show it to my players tonight.

SAbel
August 11th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Beast companions, any idea when they will be introduced and any idea how they will print. Would the companion come in the form of a power card or would it have to be an option to print form the menu.

cryptoknight
August 28th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Bracers of Archery do not appear to work.

Make a rogue, give said rogue a hand crossbow. give said rogue Bracers of Archery, equip them, equip the hand crossbow and take Sly flourish.

I'm seeing

1d8 (Drow Ruthless Hunter) + Dex (20) +5, CHA (20) +5, +2 Enhancement bonus = 1d8 + 12, it should be 1d8 + 14

cryptoknight
August 30th, 2011, 02:44 AM
Hybrid Rogues show as having First Strike even though it's inactive.

I.e. My Hybrid Rogue/Fighter has not activated First Strike. When I print the character sheet it shows up on the sheet. That's a problem if I forget that I don't have it without using Hybrid Talent to give it to me.

Per PHB 3:
Hybrid Rogues gain 2 additional skills from the rogue class skill list. My Hybrid Rogue is flagged as invalid for having them selected.

cryptoknight
August 30th, 2011, 03:30 AM
PreRequisites are still not functioning properly.

For instance, my warlord can take the Feat Command Undead, She doesn't worship Vecna, nor does she have Channel Divinity as a power. Yet it doesn't show as grey (unavailable) it shows as available as a feat to take.

cryptoknight
August 31st, 2011, 07:07 PM
Melee Training, Intelligent Blademaster are both not working at all.

Melee Training should force you to pick a stat and then use the bonus of the stat to replace your melee basic attack with that stat, just doing half of the bonus damage from the stat.

Intelligent Blademaster should simply replace the Melee Basic attack stat with Intelligence. Neither is doing this.

DarkSpiral
September 6th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Mark of Scribing does not apply it's untyped bonus to Diplomacy, nor does it allow you to pick four new languages. I tested Linguist, just for the heck of it, and that feat works fine.

Orb Expertise doesn't seem to be applying it's feat bonus to attack rolls. Implement Expertise (with the dropdown menu) is working fine, but the version that was introduced with the Essentials books isn't.

The feat for human fighters, "Versatile Talent," is supposed to add the +1 bonus to both 1H and 2H weapon attack rolls. It doesn't seem to have any effect: Only the version of Fighter Talent actually selected in the Class tab is being added to the attack rolls.

cryptoknight
September 10th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Still need Character Themes... especially now that Neverwinter added them to LFR.

cryptoknight
September 10th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Hybrids do not get the Hybrid Talent feat for free at Paragon unless they choose to Paragon Hybrid. For instance, my Hybrid Swordmage/Wizard Paragonned into a Blood Mage, but I still have a second Hybrid Talent available. I had already taken the feat, so I selected the same power again, which fortunately didn't stack them, but it looks like I have the ability twice without being a Paragon Hybrid.

cryptoknight
September 16th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Skill Power doesn't grant a training in an additional Skill Power from the skills trained by the character.

DMayhew469
October 14th, 2011, 08:11 AM
The cost of consumable items is not correct. They have the same cost as a magic item of the same level.

Foz
December 11th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Another vote for importing the Creatures tab and info.

I was demoing HL to a friend that still uses CBC last week, and she asked if she could copy and adjust monsters as she can currently. I pointed out she could only currently create new.

cryptoknight
December 12th, 2011, 07:19 PM
When printing a character, items that do not have an at-will or other type of power still won't print a card. This is troublesome for several Holy Symbols that do a pile of things, but don't have a power, and for weapons when you can't remember the crit bonus on the weapon.

SAbel
December 18th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Lifestealer weapon (magic item) does not create a card it has both property and powers.

Foz
January 6th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Shardminds don't get their +2 to a chosen attribute.
I have created a temporary fix.

(I've also deleted the thread I started outside this one, didn't see this at the time)

SAbel
January 16th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Elemental Empowerment
When you use a wizard power that has the acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder keyword, you add your Strength modifier to damage rolls.
Is not working correctly, it is adding the bonus for attribute plus half level and not just the attribute modifier :(

SAbel
January 16th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Staff of Ruin +3
Is giving an error when the magic item tab is opened, the error deals with printing a card for it.

SAbel
January 16th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Half elf race power/knack for success does gives an error which seems as though the player has picked a power that in not permitted no matter what is taken.

kealist
February 11th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I posted this in a separate thread, but I would like to make a case for the program to have separate displays for the basic ability scores and adjusted ability scores.

1. <b>It is not easy to tell where the final ABILITY SCORE comes from.<b> You can see this if you put the mouse cursor over the <i>ABILITY SCORE MODIFIER<i>, but who would think to do that?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-nlzbsW7ddGA/TzcyJhFHFAI/AAAAAAAAHW0/KHPkeyBbU-M/s615/Fullscreen%2520capture%25202112012%252092451%2520P M.jpg

In this picture above, the cursor (not shown) is above the +17. It shows the total adding up to 23. That doesn't make sense. It should show the math calculating the +17, right? If I put the cursor over the 23, I this:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3sv_Cvn1_6U/Tzcy8kyGm-I/AAAAAAAAHW8/sBtOnsvCNcY/s667/Fullscreen%2520capture%25202112012%252093242%2520P M.jpg

It just tells me that I can change the score. I think this should be changed to also show the score calculation. Does that make sense?

2. If you are creating a higher-level character, you can easily run into this issue. I realize it can be figured out, but I think adding another column of BASIC ABILITY SCORES would be beneficial to the UI:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-cvlwfwD3RG4/Tzc0wNXckTI/AAAAAAAAHXE/ErB8UDB341Y/s800/Fullscreen%2520capture%25202112012%252094012%2520P M.jpg

Of course the total of the ability score listed is not under 10, but it's complaining that it is. If it had a column showing the base scores, this would be super intuitive.

This is clear in the WotC Character Builder, but not in Hero Lab's 4e component. Just my opinion though

kealist
February 12th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Bug: Planeshaper Epic Destiny: Ultimate Adaptation feature does not add +2 to Intelligence ability score as it should.

kealist
February 12th, 2012, 01:33 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ricETrzJMhI/Tzg9bTpKRaI/AAAAAAAAHXY/qSeVfGWRXI8/s755/Fullscreen%2520capture%25202122012%252042929%2520P M.jpg

The Raven Cloak +5 (probably all of them) doesn't do resistances correctly. At level 19, the resistance is supposed to increase to 10 for cold and necrotic. I imagine the high level increase at 29 doesn't work too.

kealist
February 12th, 2012, 01:40 PM
PDF Output Psionic Info looks messy

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-LMdcBYae52w/Tzg-wBInPtI/AAAAAAAAHXg/D6rhmUOemmk/s655/Fullscreen%2520capture%25202122012%252043443%2520P M.jpg

Look to the right of Initiative -> Psionic Score display is cut off with the box overlapping with "score" below that. I have attached my portfolio if that makes it easier to figure out what is going on.

kealist
February 12th, 2012, 01:55 PM
PDF Output: Wizard "Chain Lightning" Power Card info cut off

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ELKHpGET6qk/TzhC9nX6e2I/AAAAAAAAHXo/VbEyRiXvEJ4/s485/Fullscreen%2520capture%25202122012%252045323%2520P M.jpg

The font size should probably be scaled just a bit so it fits all on one card.

RavenX
February 12th, 2012, 03:45 PM
PDF Output: Wizard "Chain Lightning" Power Card info cut off

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ELKHpGET6qk/TzhC9nX6e2I/AAAAAAAAHXo/VbEyRiXvEJ4/s485/Fullscreen%2520capture%25202122012%252045323%2520P M.jpg

The font size should probably be scaled just a bit so it fits all on one card.

This is bug in WotC's Character Builder as well. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but when the power cards have alot of information, their character builder also cuts information off the cards. It is not always Hero Lab's fault, Hero Lab collects the data out of the Compendium site. Sometimes it is the way the Compendium is formatted and not hero lab.

Also did you go through the tutorials in the help file? Most of the time, with any system that Hero Lab works with, going through those tutorials will teach you the tricks you need to know about how things work (Like hovering the mouse over the ability score in question).

Hero Lab does guide you to the tutorials when you first start working with it in most cases. I find some of my own players have not done the tutorials sometimes and I have to refer them there. The user manual is there for finding out information on hero lab.

kealist
February 12th, 2012, 04:04 PM
This is bug in WotC's Character Builder as well. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but when the power cards have alot of information, their character builder also cuts information off the cards. It is not always Hero Lab's fault, Hero Lab collects the data out of the Compendium site. Sometimes it is the way the Compendium is formatted and not hero lab.

Right, that is understandable. As a customer, I'm still going to give my feedback about how I think things should ideally work. Lone Wolf is welcome to listen to my comments or not. I loathe using the character builder, which is why I purchased Hero Lab. I'm sure WotC would not listen!

Also did you go through the tutorials in the help file? Most of the time, with any system that Hero Lab works with, going through those tutorials will teach you the tricks you need to know about how things work (Like hovering the mouse over the ability score in question).

I did look at the tutorials, and mouse hovering makes sense. I didn't see anything regarding hovering the mouse above the ability score modifier to see how the ability score was calculated. That is a flaw in UI design. Not a big deal, but I'm going to voice my request for it to be changed.

RavenX
February 13th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Well your requests will be heard, please be patient though friend, it can take time to get everything done.

I agree with you on the Hasbro builder, I purchased my Hero Lab license for my campaigns because I could not stand that online builder. At least hero lab lets me print my finished characters and doesn't crash halfway through the process of creating characters. I have a lot of complaints about the Hasbro version too. And yeah you are correct, Hasbro / WotC doesn't listen to feedback too well. At least they did not before rehiring Monte Cook.

RavenX
February 14th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Colen, I am noticing that 4e does not support the Spellscarred feature for forgotten realms characters yet...

You have the feat in there, but there needs to be a checkbox that allows user text so the user can type in what the scar looks like. Spellscars can be physical deformities, with no in-game benefit aside from making the character look different or unique.

DMayhew469
February 27th, 2012, 03:28 PM
I've notice that most, if not all, of the powers that are "interrupts" do not list the "Trigger" in the description text. This is a big deal. Needs to be fixed ASAP. I really don't feel like going through all the powers, creating a new copy, adding the trigger information, and then replacing the original.

Adamos
March 4th, 2012, 07:16 AM
I have selected the feat Versatile Channeler for a Paladin because I want to add the clerical power of Turn Undead.

The selection does not add the a slot to the class page nor do I have access to the power.

Is the feature not available? If not, will it be available? Whether or not it will be available, what can I do to setup a work-around.

Thanks.

Joshua
March 24th, 2012, 08:01 AM
When I updated 4e in HL today, BitDefender (my antivirus program) popped up and deleted one of the associated files. Since I downloaded the file direct through HL itself, I highly doubt it's infected, so I took a screenshot of the error for you guys. It's probably an error on BitDefender's side, so there might be nothing you can do about it, but knowledge is power. :o

Sabin Stargem
September 29th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I noticed while building a first-level character that the Fey Pact bonus for Sprite War Call isn't listed. I figured that you might want to know, since the online compendium does mention the bonus, so something might be getting lost during the download and conversion of the compendium. The bonus itself is to change the range of the power from 5 squares to 10.

The Heroes of Shadow powers also seem to be missing details, like that Malicious Shadow has a secondary power attached to it. It does mention that it needs Malicious Shadow to be activated, but that doesn't make sense if you don't know about the primary/secondary powers of this ability.

cryptoknight
October 16th, 2012, 08:16 AM
A random assortment of Psionic powers are still missing the text for their augments

Most interrupts/reactions are missing their triggers

Hybrids who reach paragon and don't choose to Paragon Hybrid do not get the Hybrid Talent feat for free.

Some sort of support for themes would be really really nice.

MagicSN
November 18th, 2012, 05:01 AM
The "School of Magic Apprentice" Feat lists that you can choose a school, but you cannot actually choose it. It is just the text that you would be able to choose one (myselves I wrote a "Pyromancy Apprentice" Feat for my Wizard to work around this, but proper support for the "School of Magic Apprentice" Feat would be nice).

MagicSN
December 22nd, 2012, 05:54 AM
Is there any email address to send bugfixes (as user files) to BTW? I sent a lot of bugfixes I did (Elemental Empowerment, Arcanist, etc.) to the support email address, but asides from a "we will look into the issue" kind of mail on the first package of stuff I sent I did not get more replies on my further work I sent them. Maybe a different address (one of the developers, maybe?) would work better?

duhtroll
January 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Please allow me to add another mention of the human sorcerer alt class ability of selecting an additional spell per level (one level lower than max level).

I had the ability to add these until today. As soon as I deleted them and started over in a build I was working on, the "add custom alt class ability" (or whatever it was called - I no longer have the option) disappeared.

I know it has been mentioned before, but after searching I have seen no update of whether it has been fixed supposedly, or if there is another way to make this ability work short of adding custom adjustments and not adding HP/Skill Pts at each level to compensate.

Is there an answer yet? Not in a hurry - just can't find this on the forums. Thanks.

MagicSN
January 19th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Please allow me to add another mention of the human sorcerer alt class ability of selecting an additional spell per level (one level lower than max level).

I had the ability to add these until today. As soon as I deleted them and started over in a build I was working on, the "add custom alt class ability" (or whatever it was called - I no longer have the option) disappeared.

I know it has been mentioned before, but after searching I have seen no update of whether it has been fixed supposedly, or if there is another way to make this ability work short of adding custom adjustments and not adding HP/Skill Pts at each level to compensate.

Is there an answer yet? Not in a hurry - just can't find this on the forums. Thanks.

What sort of ability is this? A class feature? A feat? Can you provide me with the name of this ability? (I don't know that much on sorcerers...). I could look into it.

Also a portfolio file of a character with the problem would be nice (you can contact me at tirionareonwe at gmail.com directly

MagicSN

SAbel
January 21st, 2013, 05:07 PM
Light blade expertise feat id not working for Spiked chain bonus to attack.

SAbel
January 21st, 2013, 05:09 PM
Background: Akanul not adding resistance bonuses

SAbel
January 21st, 2013, 05:12 PM
Rogue Brutal Scoundrel bonus not working for Torturous Strike power (should add strength modifier to damage)

TakeTheLemons
January 25th, 2013, 08:01 PM
"Bugs":

Thief class not qualified to take Backstabber feat (Thief Sneak Attack feature not equating to Rogue's Sneak Attack feature).

Skald-specific powers are listed under the general Bard class build.

Some/all Immediate Reaction powers not listing their Trigger actions (ie. Mind Spike, PHB3 Battlemind Power)

Some magic items' costs (ie. Potion of Healing, Potion of Cure Light Wounds) not properly parsed and accounted for.

Some feat bonuses (Wand Expertise, White Lotus Dueling Expertise) not taken into account when calculating attack rolls.

Not all Cantrips are available as options when building an Arcanist or Mage.

Feature Requests:

Class templates for Skald Bard, Elementalist Sorcerer and other Essentials series "Heroes of the *" classes. Given the complete lack of new 4E material in the past few months, these are really the only things missing from HeroLab being a complete, fully-featured 4E character builder.

Minor grievances aside, thanks for making such a fantastic product! :D

MagicSN
January 27th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Rogue Brutal Scoundrel bonus not working for Torturous Strike power (should add strength modifier to damage)

Only if you have combat advantage, I think, right? (I am no expert on rogues, though). Which would not be listed on the sheet for the "standard" case which assumes no combat advantage.

With my latest files I cannot reproduce the Akhanul issue (for me the resistances appear).

What is spiked Chain Bonus? Can you send me a Portfolio file with the problem to tirionareonwe at gmail.com and explain what it is to me? Thanks.

@All: Please check http://hl4e.cryptoknight.org, I recently uploaded a lot of (unofficial, I am just a user of Hero Lab, not related to the company doing the tool) bugfixes for Hero Lab 4e there (I also sent them in to the authors, so hopefully they will include them into the next version). Cryptoknight also uploaded quite some bugfixes there.

MagicSN

DMayhew469
September 1st, 2014, 03:53 PM
It would be nice if we could specify the default location for custom files so they can be shared between game systems. Reduce having to copy them to each data folder when updates are made or new files are created. And yes, I do have multiple data folders of the same game system for different gaming groups/DMs.

Novatian
November 22nd, 2014, 01:17 PM
At a quick glance, it's looks like we're still missing some builds.
From Player's Option: Heroes of the Feywild
Witch (Wizard)
Protector (Druid) - I don't know if this one is a fully distinct build, or similar to another druid build
From Player's Option: Heroes of the Elemental Chaos
Elementalist (Sorcerer)
Sha'ir (Wizard)

I still can't say thank you enough for all the work that has been done on this program (for 4e and other games/ editions).

cryptoknight
November 24th, 2014, 06:53 AM
I no longer have access to the compendium, which means that I can't look this stuff up.

In order to work on it... I would need 100% total details about what makes a Witch/Wizard different from a Wizard...

I welcome you to come over to the hl4e.cryptoknight.org site where the whole site is dedicated to fixing bugs in the 4e ruleset, vs this forum.

Fox Lee
December 22nd, 2014, 02:22 PM
"Bugs":
Skald-specific powers are listed under the general Bard class build.

It's my understanding that this is working correctly - Wizards has clarified that non-Essentials classes can take powers that belong to Essentials variants of themselves:

Essentials Rules FAQ (http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2843846)
See also HoTFL pg 57 and Rules Compendium pg 87

...although you can't do this for a power which doesn't have a level (so not powers given by class features and similar sources). So Paladins can take Blackguard powers, "Weaponmaster" Fighters can take Knight powers, and so forth - including Bard from Skald.

(...Unless you mean that the feature-based Skald powers are being assigned to non-Skald Bards, in which case okay, good catch ^^; )

SAbel
January 3rd, 2015, 10:52 PM
A few questions:
1. Will we ever have the HL program run the downloader or is manual download for updates from this point forward?
2. If we help fixing things how do you want them handled, sent to you then included in next update or posted at your http://hl4e.cryptoknight.org sire for other people to just add them?

Amazing work in everything that has happened, I just removed all my old files and now have it running like a dream.

cryptoknight
January 12th, 2015, 04:33 PM
1. No I expect to never use the downloader again. I would never want to try to bug fix it to make it pick everything up.

2. Post bugs on my site, if you can fix them, post the fixes as a separate .user file that overrides the bug your fixing. And I'll try to get those into an update soon.