PDA

View Full Version : Export options available?

PagingMrHerman
November 3rd, 2010, 03:22 AM
Hi there. I am considering purchasing Hero Lab. Could someone tell me what export options are available in the tool? A lot of the options aren't available in the demo, which I understand, but I'd like to see examples of how data can be exported.

I see that there's an option to export to d20pro and a PDF character sheet. What else is there? I'm particularly interested in text and/or HTML exports.

Also, has anyone had any luck importing the exported Hero Lab files into encounter programs to track combat?

Thanks in advance!

Colen
November 3rd, 2010, 10:18 AM
You can generate text, HTML, PDF, bbcode and wikitext statblocks for heroes, as well as a printed and pdf standard character sheet. We can also export characters to the d20pro virtual tabletop; I'm not aware of any other programs that support Hero Lab integration. However, presumably any program that reads a standard statblock would be able to read HL's statblock output.

Here's a link to a PDF character sheet:

http://wolflair.com/hero_lab/images/4e_sample_output.pdf

And here's an example bbcode statblock for one of my characters, a level 1 cleric:

Dominic Loecas, Human Cleric 1
Human Power Selection: Bonus At-Will Power
+2 to Ability: Wisdom

Str 11 (+0), Con 12 (+1), Dex 13 (+1), Int 10 (+0), Wis 18 (+4), Cha 14 (+2)

AC: 18, Fort: 12, Ref: 10, Will: 17

Hit Points: 29, Healing Surges: 8, Surge Value: 7 hp

Level: 1, Initiative: +1, Speed: 5 squares, Size: Medium, Senses: Normal

Trained Skills: Arcana, Diplomacy, Heal, Insight, Religion
Acrobatics: +1, Arcana: +5, Athletics: +0, Bluff: +2, Diplomacy: +7, Dungeoneering: +4, Endurance: +1, Heal: +9, History: +0, Insight: +9, Intimidate: +2, Nature: +4, Perception: +4, Religion: +5, Stealth: +1, Streetwise: +2, Thievery: +1

Feats:
Astral Fire, Ritual Caster, Toughness

Powers:
1, At-Will Power: Basic Melee
1, At-Will Power: Basic Ranged
1, At-Will Power: Lance of Faith
1, At-Will Power: Priest's Shield
1, At-Will Power: Sacred Flame
1, Daily Power: Cascade of Light
1, Encounter Power: Cause Fear
Encounter Power: Heroic Effort
Utility Power: Healing Word

Rituals:
Gentle Repose, Silence

[b]Weapons/Attacks:
. . +2 - Scythe - 2d4 - Simple 2-Handed Heavy Blade
. . +0 - Unarmed Strike - 1d4 - Improvised Unarmed
Armor:
. . +8 - Black Iron Scale Armor +1 (Equipped)
. . +6 - Chainmail

Created With Hero LabŪ - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!

PagingMrHerman
November 3rd, 2010, 10:57 AM
Thanks, Colen. This is what I needed to know. Now if I can get the downloader to wrap up, I'll definitely be purchasing :)

cryptoknight
November 3rd, 2010, 06:53 PM
Is there a sample with power cards?

Sorry I'm spoiled by CB from WotC. I'm used to having my cards on my character with the exact bonuses and damage rolls on them. I remember reading somewhere that I can create a character sheet with power cards, I just want to see what all that will look like.

Colen
November 4th, 2010, 09:41 AM
There's an example with power cards on the full screen shots / sample output page on our web site:

http://wolflair.com/index.php?context=hero_lab&page=4th_edition_screen_shots

cryptoknight
November 4th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Ok but that's for a priest...

And it doesn't seem to customize the card to show the actual damage based on an equipped weapon.

I mean if I have iron arm bands of power, and a feat like weapon expertise, will it show me my total to hit bonus and damage bonus on the power card?

Colen
November 4th, 2010, 10:03 AM
The power cards just show the core details for the power on the hero, not specific to any weapon. Including the weapon details would be possible, but then I'd worry about running out of space on the card; I'll put it on the to-do list for adding as an option at some point.

cryptoknight
November 4th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks.

WotC worked around this by basically using a click list of which weapons/implements to use with the card. Selecting those on the power selection page would go a long way to making this awesome :)