PDA

View Full Version : DragonStar

chiefweasel
October 25th, 2010, 05:36 AM
I saw that some folks were trying to do a reboot of the DragonStar system from FFG, but redoing it the Pathfinder formats. Is there anyone on the boards here who is involved with that?

I have tried to send folks over to here, but not sure if anyone made the jump.

chiefweasel
January 22nd, 2013, 06:57 PM
Ok, has been some time since I worked on this, but have been making excellent progress so far. I have completed all the skills and feats and races. With a few races missing, the Soul Mechs and Half-Dragons. I don't see them as all that important at the moment since they are evil races. But I'll get to the eventually. Tomorrow I will start working on the classes to map them over to Pathfinder.

Wish me luck.

dartnet
January 22nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
I am looking forward to this very much.

chiefweasel
January 25th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Ok, all the races are in, and have started working on the base classes. If anyone would like to do equipment, that would be a huge help.

chiefweasel
February 26th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Well the work on this has slowed down. I got a new job last week, my long 3 month vacation is over, so this is going to take a bit longer then I had wanted it too. The first book is all but done and I am about 1/2 way through Imperial Supply and have started on Galactic races.

Any help on inputting data would be appreciated.

chiefweasel
March 27th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Well, it has finally come to pass. I was hoping to talk about the expansion of the Dragonstar system. Up until yesterday I was in talks with FFG to obtain the rights to Dragonstar and bring it back as a Pathfinder game system. Yesterday FFG turned me down and decided that they were not looking to go in that direction with Dragonstar at this time.

So what this means is that I wont be able to do a lot of the things I was hoping to do, and what I am in the middle of will slow down. So far I hove gotten all of the books into HL except for the Players Companion. Much thanks to the folks who assisted me in getting the information into HL. I hope to get the Players Companion done at some point in the near future, but its an unknown at the moment.

So, going forward. I am going to complete the kast details on the information that has been entered into HL. I will create a distribution file and put it someplace that anyone can access, and let users download it for free. I will try to support the work that has already been done, and any future information that I put out for Dragonstar.

As I wrap things up I'll provide some more information. Any if folks want to create more information for Dragonstar, just let me know and maybe we can put it into HL for everyone. Thanks.

jbearwillis
March 27th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Well I'm sorry to hear that, you were well on your way to making Dragon Star a great official Pathfinder release. To bad their loss.

chiefweasel
April 22nd, 2013, 08:28 AM
I have continued my updates and input for the Dragonstar system. In fact, had a big breack through this weekend, so that you can now play any class and and race and it will still be compatible. I still have a ways to go though, lots of information to still enter and lots of scripting to do in the back end. But progress is still happenng.

If anyone would like the files just let me know. I'll try to create a place that they can be downloaded with an automatic update. That might be a bit down the road though.

LazarX
July 2nd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Well, it has finally come to pass. I was hoping to talk about the expansion of the Dragonstar system. Up until yesterday I was in talks with FFG to obtain the rights to Dragonstar and bring it back as a Pathfinder game system. Yesterday FFG turned me down and decided that they were not looking to go in that direction with Dragonstar at this time.

This may mean that they might be looking into the following possibilities.

1. (most likely) trying to sell the property. Waiting to see if someone with big bucks would pay big bucks for it.

2. Looking at re-releasing it either as a Pathfinder or D+D Next project themselves once they wait a bit further and see how the market gells.

chiefweasel
July 2nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Actually that was me. FFG just isn't interested, I guess they don't feel there is enough interest in the community to make it worth their wild. I hope to talk to them again at Gen Con though.

Anastrianna
July 11th, 2013, 06:23 PM
It sucks that they don't appear to want to do anything involving DragonStar. I only had a brief experience with it when it was first released and loved it. Always regretted not getting my hands on the books.

I'd love to get my hands on the material you are working on.

chiefweasel
July 13th, 2013, 09:14 AM
The books are still available via PDF from varios places. The problem is that they are in D20 v3.0. I had hoped to bring them up to Pathfinder level. I did with HL files, but didnt write down rules.

Anastrianna
July 13th, 2013, 03:13 PM
yeah, I have found the books. Having the basic rules will come in handy, but I would like to also get the HL files you did as well if possible.

chiefweasel
July 14th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Sure, I can send you what I have. Someone else was taking them and adding some new stuff, not sure where that project is at the moment. Shoot me private mail with your email address and I'll send the files along.

LazarX
October 14th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Ok, has been some time since I worked on this, but have been making excellent progress so far. I have completed all the skills and feats and races. With a few races missing, the Soul Mechs and Half-Dragons. I don't see them as all that important at the moment since they are evil races. But I'll get to the eventually. Tomorrow I will start working on the classes to map them over to Pathfinder.

Wish me luck.

What gives you the idea that Soulmechs are neccessrily evil?

chiefweasel
October 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Ever met one? Evil to the core. lol, actually the evil reference was in the creation process. Its extremely diffficult to program them using Pathfinder rules. They are also very difficult to play since they can not be healed by the healer of the party, so non one I know has played them. They essential are an Eidalon but as a class.

If you're really interested I can revisit this and see what I can do. I left out several races as well because I didnt seem them fitting or not making sense, or just too damn difficult to program.