PDA

View Full Version : New data file update - v2.4

Colen
October 19th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I've just updated the Hero Lab 4e data files to version 2.4. As usual, you can find them through the Hero Lab automatic updates mechanism.

Please note! Once you import the new data files, you'll have to re-run the downloader to apply many of the changes listed below.

Changes this version:

• Updated the downloader to support the October compendium update.
• The downloader now imports all Backgrounds from the Compendium!
• The downloader now imports Skill Powers from the Compendium!
• Magic items from the Magic tab with properties should now appear at the bottom of the Special tab, and be printed as power cards.

And more! See the game system FAQ for details.

Enjoy!

StanC
October 20th, 2010, 05:32 PM
What does it mean when you start getting the following error

.Downloading http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/power.aspx?id=2835
Subscribe page encountered unexpectedly.
!Retry...

Downloaded the latest update.
Been having an issue with the down loader for a while.

Thanks
Stan

Colen
October 22nd, 2010, 10:13 AM
That error means that the downloader requested a page, and the Compendium replied with a "Subscribe to D&D Insider to get full access!" message. For some reason, certain individual items sometimes return this page instead of the actual data in a non-reproducible way - the downloader compensates by trying again, and eventually marking the page for a later retry if it reaches a certain number of failures.

Are you getting occasional "subscribe page encountered unexpectedly" error messages, or does it start happening for multiple (i.e. 10+) different pages, one after another?

SAbel
October 22nd, 2010, 05:23 PM
WOW and again WOW great work Colen you rock a ton of add ins and updated material you are a master! My Hat is off to you sir, Thank you for all your hard work making this happen it is an outstanding update.

StanC
October 22nd, 2010, 06:14 PM
That error means that the downloader requested a page, and the Compendium replied with a "Subscribe to D&D Insider to get full access!" message. For some reason, certain individual items sometimes return this page instead of the actual data in a non-reproducible way - the downloader compensates by trying again, and eventually marking the page for a later retry if it reaches a certain number of failures.

Are you getting occasional "subscribe page encountered unexpectedly" error messages, or does it start happening for multiple (i.e. 10+) different pages, one after another?

It was happening quite a lot. Was getting to a point where was getting nothing but "!"'s.
Usually let it run over night.

Thanks
Stan

StanC
October 24th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Well finally got it to run completely =) This time did it durring the day. May have been some process that is run on my PC at night (virus scan) that interferes with it it.

SAbel
October 25th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Hey Stan,
I did my Friday early evening and only had 3 ! show up. I try to run my during the day time (while I am at work) but I just got a new PCs this past week so it put me behind. I also wait a few days to week after to let all the DDI people run the stuff that they do so as to not run into a high use problem.

Just my thoughts.