PDA

View Full Version : Hero Lab D&D4th Problems.

starman77
October 3rd, 2010, 10:14 AM
Hybrid Shaman broken, Hearth Spirit is a 6 level utility not a class feature, also missing 2 build options (watcher and world speaker), Hybrid shaman's DO NOT get the associated at will attack power from build.

Ranger's are missing level 1 encounter "Two-Fanged Strike" from phb 1.

Missing Background's. (will add once i figure out how)

Missing Skill power's. (how to add?)

I have been unable to complete a single existing chatacter due to missing stuff that should be there.

starman77
October 3rd, 2010, 11:20 AM
well, figured out how to add the backgrounds skill bonus anyways.
using the permanent adjustment under Personal tab.

Colen
October 7th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Backgrounds are unfortunately not included in the D&D Insider data, so we can't give you anything beyond the publically available Forgotten Realms ones. :( Skill Powers weren't for a long time, but apparently are now; I've got that on my to-do list to work on.

Thanks for your other reports - I've put them on the bug list, so I'll try and tackle them for the next update. :)

starman77
October 9th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Cool, Thanks :)

the big one was the Hybrid Shaman, i play one in a game :)

i did find one more buggy power, for the Rogue: the "Duelst's Prowess" first level daily, from dragon magazine 381. the power is just a stance that activates an At Will power "Duelist's Prowess Attack".

i do actualy like the program, so i will keep usng it. i'm sure i'll find more bugs. :)

Colen
October 12th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I hadn't seen powers like Duelist's Prowess before, that's interesting. I'll see if I can get the downloader to read those in correctly...

tpkurilla
October 15th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Backgrounds are unfortunately not included in the D&D Insider data, so we can't give you anything beyond the publically available Forgotten Realms ones. :( Skill Powers weren't for a long time, but apparently are now; I've got that on my to-do list to work on.

Thanks for your other reports - I've put them on the bug list, so I'll try and tackle them for the next update. :)

Backgrounds now appear in the DDI data.

I have not tried to run the downloader to see if it gets the data, however. That takes me several hours currently...

Anyone else bit the bullet yet? Does the downloader extract backgrounds, or does it need to be changed?

-Thomas

Colen
October 15th, 2010, 09:00 PM
I'm working on the downloader right now to deal with all the new data - they added a bunch of stuff (like backgrounds) that will be handled that won't be before. Please don't run the downloader until after I post an update about it, or you'll get buggy / broken data...