PDA

View Full Version : So... umm... how does it work?

uhf
October 2nd, 2010, 10:10 AM
Its not entirely clear to me how a database for Hero Labs is modified.

Specifically, can I set up a pile of mods under the designation for a campaign setting, i.e. War Of The Burning Sky, then share that database file around to other users?

I'm also interested in Goodman Games Amethyst setting, but it has a lot of custom races, classes and equipment. Sharing would be good thing. (I could see Goodman promoting your product in that case.)

Freeport... Guns and Sailors...

Can I partially modify a character class's powers and have them remain that way in my database? (i.e. Maybe I like the original Magic Missile.) Does updating my DDI database toss all the changes I've made? Can I create new classes?

Please and thank you...

Colen
October 7th, 2010, 05:27 PM
You can use Hero Lab's Editor (available on the Tools menu) to add new content, including assigning it to a "Source" (in your example, War of the Burning Sky). If that source isn't enabled, the content doesn't show up.

As long as you save the content in your own files, it won't be touched by the the downloader. So as long as you don't go in and modify the downloaded information, you'll be fine - you can use the "New (Copy)" button to create new powers / feats / etc based on existing ones, and choose to use either the new power or the existing one on a character.

Hope this helps!