PDA

View Full Version : Data missing?

Nalerenn
August 23rd, 2010, 05:13 AM
I don't know if I've done something wrong or what, but after downloading the data with the ddidownloader, no items give much detail. There are no Armor bonuses, some classes aren't giving their weapon proficiencies, weapons have no damage rating, a lot of feats are missing descriptions... Is this some bug or something? I've read a few posts about it elsewhere in the forum, but their issues seem to have gone away, where-as mine hasn't. Any idea what's going on here? Could it be because I don't have a DnD Insider account?

Gord
August 25th, 2010, 06:37 AM
I'm sure that some of the missing info is because there is no ddi account but your problem is the same as mine. I've tried multiple downloads which all go well (or so it seems) but I have no armor modifies or weapon damage. Characters are also saying they are not proficient in weapons they should be. Things like fighters not being proficient in broadsword for example.

Colen
September 7th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Exactly. Without a D&D Insider account, we don't have access to the data. Try it yourself - go to the D&D Compendium at http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/database.aspx and try viewing some weapons or powers. Apart from some limited content from the core books, you can't view most of it without an account.

Gord
September 12th, 2010, 07:20 AM
No weapons damage on specialty magic items made perfect sense to me. My issue was that there was no modifiers or damage for stuff like chain armor, broadswords, etc. All the stuff that was in the main rules. The only weapons damage that shows up is 1-4 for a non-weapon attack.

Am I wrong in assuming that this sort of thing should be listed? Makes it tough to playtest or show customers how it works.

risner
September 19th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Am I wrong in assuming that this sort of thing should be listed? Makes it tough to playtest or show customers how it works.

Pretty much nothing is avail with the ddi sub.