PDA

View Full Version : Dark Sun...

Danvs
August 4th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Are their any planes to encorporate any Dark sun material into the 4th ed system?

SAbel
August 10th, 2010, 06:59 PM
I would think that once it hits the DDI then it will be in HL.

GravenImage
August 10th, 2010, 09:39 PM
That's not a safe assumption since HL doesn't have support for skill powers which have been out for a bit. I imagine if it's content that fits into the normal frame work, then yeah, but if it's new stuff, like themes, probably not.

Colen
August 12th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Skill Powers actually weren't in the Compendium for a long time, although they've since been added in a way that I wasn't expecting, so I didn't notice them. The new classes and races from Dark Sun should show up as soon as they're added to the Compendium (which I don't think has happened yet).

The only exceptions might be things like the secondary classes they added; sometimes they don't add a section for new mechanics like that (for example, there's still no Background section on the D&D compendium).

SAbel
August 20th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Colen is correct in the fact that the compendium does not have the Darksun material added. August added the following
Data from the following published materials are new this month:

Books
Demonomicon
Tomb of Horrors
HS2 Orcs of Stonefang Pass
Vor Rukoth
Online Magazines
Dragon Issues 388
Dungeon Issues 179
Maybe Sept for the info. I cant wait to get my thri keen or mul working :) but I may jump the gun and see if I can add the some of the races once I pick up my book.

Colen
September 7th, 2010, 02:02 PM
As far as I can see, Dark Sun material still isn't included in the Compendium (I was expecting it to be added today, since they usually do it on the first Tuesday of the month). Is anyone else seeing any new data in there?

SAbel
September 8th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I just checked and it does not seem like they have an update yet.

SAbel
September 13th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Just and FYI,
It seems as though the DDI will do an update on the 21st of Sept and it will include a lot of stuff; Dark Sun, all of the Essentials info that is coming out (and it looks as though this may have some major changes to D&D). People are giving it a wide spread of reviews as to its content and how it affects the game (just to let all the Wolves know... and for Colen to have time to go out and buy the giant bottle of extra strength aspirin)
Okay this is me logging off.

Colen
September 14th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the tip! Sounds like they'll be changing a lot of stuff - I guess I'll have my work cut out for me next week to get everything incorporated. :)

karpomatic
September 24th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Well, today is the 24th and still no Dark Sun update from Wizards. WTF?

SAbel
September 24th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Well it woudl seem that WOTC is taking as much time as they like for this one! I just checked DDI CB and no update and I can not find any info as to why they did not due the "late" update. Its b/c they know how bad we want to make Dark Sun Characters!

Colen
October 7th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I was hoping we'd see an update on Tuesday, but no dice so far - looks like they haven't done an update since the start of August. Has anyone seen them post when they plan to do the next one?

StanC
October 7th, 2010, 06:26 PM
The next update should be next Tuesday

October 2010 Tools News

The 12 OCT update is for the Character Builder and Compendium. Monster Builder will be updated at a later date.

Data Update:
Data from the following published materials are new this month to the Character Builder:
Books
Psionic Power
Magazines
Dragon # 389
Dragon #390
Dungeon #180
Dungeon #181

Data from the following published materials are new this month to the Compendium:
Books
Psionic Power
Dark Sun Campaign Setting
D&D Essentials: Heroes of the Fallen Lands
Magazines
Dragon #389
Dragon #390
Dungeon #180

SAbel
October 10th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Nuts No Dark Sun in the Character builder that just is unfair :( well it looks like I may start losing sleep to try and get these races in.

Colen
October 12th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Yup, looks like it's up there. Time to see what's changed!

StanC, where did you find that news? I was watching WotC's site for it, but I never saw a mention of it, so I didn't see it until I happened to refresh the Compendium today.

CorvidMP
November 4th, 2010, 08:28 PM
So as another refugee from the DDI web tool debacle I have a few questions about the what dark sun content has been imported at this point (as it's my primary game at this point and has the most new players that need help with their characters).

I assume the new builds and feats were implemented easily enough but I would like to be sure.

Also are the themes properly implemented yet?

Jinx
November 7th, 2010, 01:32 PM
as of right now themes are not implemented via the compendium download, but you can add them your self in about 5 min.

once there added to the compendium I suspect they will also be added to Hero Lab.

Colen
November 10th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Exactly - once the data is present, I can add the appropriate code for the downloader to parse it, like I just did recently for the backgrounds. The problem with the themes is that the data isn't there in the first place for me to add. :(

I'll take a look at the Theme rules and see if I can add them to the 4e files, which will at least let you create them in the editor as Jinx suggests.

SAbel
November 17th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Colen,
I am just checking to see if you think that the Theme rules will be an easy fit? Also is there going to be a Dark Sun check box added for character choice or not?

Malacandra
November 20th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Anyone have any suggestions for tweaking Dark Sun characters? Is there a way to add the additional powers that a Theme or the Psionic "cantrips" add in the campaign book? That seems to be the only thing missing from my Dark Sun builds.

Colen
November 24th, 2010, 02:58 PM
SAbel - The Dark Sun stuff should already be included if you have the latest compendium download. I need to review the rules for Themes, but I don't think they'll be too hard to enter - the only problem is that the Compendium currently doesn't support downloading the data for them. :(