PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Skill Powers, Character Weight, Unarmed Strikes

GravenImage
July 31st, 2010, 09:09 AM
So, been playing around with Hero Lab and I'm really liking it but I found a few problems/bugs.

1. Can't find skill powers. I've looked pretty much everywhere for them and they don't seem to be in here.

2. Character Weight. My character is a female Drow that is 5'5" but I can't set her weight below 130lbs. That seems a little weird.

3. Unarmed Strikes. My character is a monk and uses Ki Focus augmented Monk unarmed strike as her weapons, main hand and offhand, but I don't receive the +1 damage for Two-Weapon Fighting. In the official character builder I do.

Colen
August 12th, 2010, 12:30 PM
1. For a while, Skill Powers weren't present in the compendium data; it looks like they've added them now, so I'll see if I can include them in the downloaded content.

2. According to the compendium, the average weight of a drow is "130 - 170", so that's what we limit it by. I'll see if we can relax that while still warning you that you're over/under the maximums.

3. This is working for me - if I equip a "Ki Monk Unarmed Strike +1" in my main hand, and an identical weapon in my off-hand, the main hand one gets +1 damage. You have to equip one in the main hand and the other in the off-hand on the Special tab for this to work, though.

Hope this helps!

GravenImage
August 12th, 2010, 08:39 PM
1. I keep forgetting that at some point the data available in the character builder and the data available on the compendium stopped being 1-to-1, so because i had them in the character builder I thought they had to have been on the compendium.

2. Also, I think some of their average height/weights are a little weird. A female drow at the minimum weight would be very unlikely to be 130 lbs. based on the physique they are described as having. It might just be my opinion but these are probably fields that don't need to be locked to the compendium?

3. This isn't quite right still. I can make an Ki Monk Unarmed Strike, but I can't make a Final Sleep Ki Monk Unarmed Strike. I can have a Final Sleep Ki Focus, though. I can do a Final Sleep Ki Focused Monk Unarmed Strike by the rules, this is where the weirdness is. Not sure if this is solvable?

Colen
September 7th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Sorry, I didn't realise there was still a question hanging here :(

2. Exactly - I'll do something next release to "unbound" them, although it may still give you a warning of some sort if you exceed what the compendium says.

3. It looks like the "Final Sleep Ki Focus" item isn't being converted properly. I'll look into this for the next update.