PDA

View Full Version : Leveling the Eidolon ?

Mooninja
July 29th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Hey guys,

I've been a happy user of HL for months now. However, upon rolling my Summoner I've encountered an issue. I don't know what class I should select for my Eidolon to level. I've been using the additional HD class for it, but it doesn't factor in the Eidolon's level acquisitions. I.e. the attribute boost at lvl 3. What class are we supposed to select for leveling them ?

Mathias
July 29th, 2010, 06:52 AM
As you level your summoner, the Eidolon will gain the HD it's supposed to based on Summoner level. You don't need to add any classes to the Eidolon.

Mooninja
July 29th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Then I guess the ability bump for level 3 is bugged for the Eidolon.

Mathias
July 29th, 2010, 07:41 AM
The first ability score increase for an Eidolon happens at Summoner level 5 - 4HD Eidolon (the Eidolon gets the same +1 to an ability score/4 HD or levels that characters get).

The STR/DEX bonus for an Eidolon doesn't change from level 2 to level 3, it stays at +1.

I seem to remember that there was a change in the way the table was set up between the first playtest and the later update in the playtest - You may want to make sure your APG Playtest document says "Advanced Player's Guide Playtest - Final Class Playtest" on the title page.

Mooninja
July 29th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Mine does say the Final Class Playtest.

On page 34. top right hand corner third paragraph it states "Ability Score Increase (Ex): The eidolon adds +1 to one of its ability scores."
And then on page 35 under Class level 3rd Special it states Ability Score increase.

Mathias
July 29th, 2010, 08:16 AM
I did a little more research, and apparently there were two versions of the final playtest. Here's the change list for the second version, including the change to when the Eidolon gets its first ability score increase:

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/olderProducts/advancedPlayersGuidePlaytest/finalPlaytest/uPDATEAFewSimpleCorrections

Mooninja
July 29th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Great, thanks for the clarification. I have the Feb 2 version then. Any hope of the APG actual coming out before Saturday night ?? :D