PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Players Guide

Bishop37
July 28th, 2010, 05:15 AM
So now that I've seen the Advanced Players Guide PDF, I just have to say, I hope Mathias doesn't go all Jack Torrance trying to get it all in by GenCon. I'm imagining he's having to not only enter a lot of data, but make changes to the basic Pathfinder Core Rules set to support all of the new options that are available.

Someone buy that man a beer (but not til he's done entering the data...I'm sympathetic, but I still want the data set done :) )

ShadowChemosh
July 28th, 2010, 07:18 AM
I have to agree. I was looking over a few things last night quick going man that is a nice ability and then going man that would be a 'fun' trying to script.

So now I can't wait to use the APG and dig through some of the new HL scripts to see how he did it. :D :eek: :D

Mathias
July 28th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Fortunately, the Variant Class option that was left over from the d20 files (but I hadn't had time to test and expose to users before now) supports the Archetypes very well, so I haven't had to go through the effort of building an Archetype system from scratch, I just had to rename what was already there and un-comment the editor definition, and I've had more time to work on getting content entered.

Virtue
July 28th, 2010, 12:06 PM
So how much is going to be ready for Gen Con?

rob
July 28th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Please hang tight on asking for specifics. We should be announcing lots of details for the APG and other stuff by this weekend.

Virtue
July 28th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Please hang tight on asking for specifics. We should be announcing lots of details for the APG and other stuff by this weekend.

Sounds great cant wait to see it

RedBeardSean
July 30th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Wow, this book is frakking huge with content. I'll be happy to see this by the winter holiday season- trying to get it together by GenCon would be a monster project. Take your time, Matthias- the money's no good if you're not alive to spend it.

Virtue
July 30th, 2010, 09:14 AM
They got it early like at Paizo Con so they have had some more time to work on it they didnt just start when we got our copies