PDA

View Full Version : Help with special entry requirements

jkthomsen9
July 26th, 2010, 05:32 PM
is there a way to add prerequisits to prestige classes that are campaign specific and not a number to crunch? For instance many casses require you to own a ship, or have been invited to join, or have read this book to join. I would like to add red text to the requirements section and not error when you pick it.

Mathias
July 26th, 2010, 07:21 PM
If you want it to always be invalid when you're selecting it and always valid when selected, put the following in an expr-req:

@ispick = 1

(@ispick is equal to 1 once a thing has been selected and equal to 0 until then, so this requirement says that it's valid if the thing has been selected).

This will grey out the thing, though. There's no way to disconnect the greying out and the error message.

Take a look at the assassin prestige class, though - that'll give you an example of how non-game-mechanic requirements are handled in most things.

As an alternative,

{text clrwarning}

will color the font red and

{text clrreset}

will color it black.

Thazar
July 27th, 2010, 07:52 PM
What I have done for this is require a trait. I then make traits that have RP basis and award trait points via the "Permanent Adjust" section. Of course it means the players have to be honest in picking the correct trait with the given point.

You can select the trait to show on the Specials tab... and then the feat or prestige class is not longer grayed out and the red text turns black.