PDA

View Full Version : Channel Energy Stack

Jhalad
July 24th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Is there a way to give a race the Channel Energy skill, and then have it stack with cleric levels?

Mathias
July 24th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Unless one of the others can help out, would you please bump this question in mid-August (the 12th, perhaps). This is doable, but it will take me longer to work out the details than I can spare while I'm trying to get APG content added before Gen Con. Sorry about this.

Jhalad
July 24th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Unless one of the others can help out, would you please bump this question in mid-August (the 12th, perhaps). This is doable, but it will take me longer to work out the details than I can spare while I'm trying to get APG content added before Gen Con. Sorry about this.

Totally understand. I'm about 1/2 way there now. Basically stealing script from the cleric and from a prestidge class out of Wayfinder #1. Just trying to figure out where in the prestige class script is the formula for adding to the cleric level instead of being a seperate tracking.

See you there, and great project. Good luck on the Ennies. Voted for ya!

ShadowChemosh
July 24th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Just trying to figure out where in the prestige class script is the formula for adding to the cleric level instead of being a separate tracking.
The script in the Wayfinder .user file is part of the Thingid.cDDSChan(Channel Energy) listed under the Class Special. That Thing also then Bootstraps(xChannel) which is an Ability Thing that actually controls the channel energy information. Its set to be "unique" so no matter how many classes bootstraps xChannel it will only exist once on the character.

Then the script looks like this:

~Post-levels 10,000
~ Set our name properly
var v_turnname as string
call cClrTurnNm
field[livename].text = v_turnname

~ Add our cleric level to our turning level.
hero.child[xChannel].field[abValue].value += field[xTotalLev].value

The part that is adding the level is coming from the last line as it takes in the total level of that PrC and adds it to the xChannel thing value. Timing here needs to be done before Post-level 20,000.

Hope that helps.