PDA

View Full Version : Help with Leadership Feat/Score

jkthomsen9
July 19th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Is it possible to adjust the leadership score produced by the Leadership Feat? I notice that the score is called abValue, but I can not seam to be able to adjust it from a second feat I am working on that gives a +1 to the score. I tryed to take a look at how the Cleric domain Nobility, and or Brestplate of command did it, but neither seem to work correctly. Nor did I see any script that even attempted to do it. This is the Feat I am trying to scrypt.

Steadfast Loyalty [General]
Self control and discipline are the birthright of many who grow up in Champion’s District, and you strive to uphold these ideals.
District: Champion’s.
Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on Will saving throws against charm, compulsion, and fear effects. In addition, if you have the Leadership feat, your leadership score increases by +1.

Thank you for any help
James

Mathias
July 19th, 2010, 10:27 PM
The #value[] macro is what you'll want to use:

#value[fLeader] += 1

is Leadership score + 1

Timing: before Final/10000.

jkthomsen9
July 20th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Ugg I hate that it was that easy. I was trying to adjust the abValue field in the fLeader thing. It did not occure to me to be so direct. Thank you for the help Mathias. It worked like a charm. Dose anyone know if the Nobility domain and Brestplate of Command have been added to the bug list?

James

Mathias
July 21st, 2010, 09:28 AM
The problem with the nobility domain is that the bonus is conditional - whether you get the bonus or not could change. The Breastplate of command is one of many magic items that don't apply their effects. I plan to work on all of them as a set.

Just as a note, the #value[fLeader] += 1 macro is converted by the compiler into this:

hero.childfound[fLeader].field[abValue].value += 1

The #value[], #value2[], #duration[] and #trkmax[] macros do the same thing for the abValue, abValue2, abDuration and trkMax fields, respectively.

In the help menu within the editor, select "Help on Using the Editor" - on the page that pops up, find the "Reference Information" link. That will tell you more about these macros

Lord Magus
February 12th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Sorry for raising the dead...

I'm trying to code a class ability that grants the character the Leadership feat, or gives him a +4 bonus to his leadership score if he already has the feat. I have used the Endurance (bonus feat) ranger class ability as a guide; I just have no clue where I should put the bonus, and with what timing. Any ideas?

Thanks!