PDA

View Full Version : Can special abilities from types be suppressed?

djc664
July 12th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Trying to work out the Lifespark Flesh Golems. In my searches, I came across Mathias saying that a template couldn't remove something from another special. I interpretated that to say that a templete couldn't "add back" INT to the Golem NPC race (is that right?).

So instead I made a Lifespark Flesh Golem NPC Race, and added the two custom specials (Open Mind & Spirit Within). However the creature type "construct" adds all the fun things contructs normally have... which includes Immune to Mind-Affecting Attacks and Immune to Death & Necromancy effects which isn't 100% true for these things.

Do I have to make a whole new Creature Type (Constructs, Lifespark or something) and have everything but those items in it, or can I program something into the race to supress those two parts (xImmDeNec & xImmMind)?

blzbob
July 12th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Mathias helped someone with a living construct (the warforged from Eberron). You can find it here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10125&highlight=warforged

Mathias
July 13th, 2010, 07:00 AM
One thing can't delete a thing added by something else very easily. It can suppress that thing. blzbob's beat me to the instructions on how to suppress the things being added by a Type.

djc664
July 13th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Ah, Thanks! That worked a lot better than making it a Template.

Last thing on it I can't figure: the skill points the race gets is (2 + Int Bonus, min 1) * (HD+3). How do I express that in the modified race / Subtype?

Mathias
July 14th, 2010, 07:56 AM
The (HD+3) is presumably a holdover from the SRD - skill points in Pathfinder are (2+INT) * HD.

On the race, you'll find an "override skill points" option - enter 2 there, and the race will have 2 SP/HD.