PDA

View Full Version : Warlord - Tome of Secrets -Done

Frodie
July 8th, 2010, 09:36 AM
He is the Warlord from the Tome of Secrets. The saves are off, (cann't really do anything about that) and it might be a little buggy. So yall want to check out and see what yall think?

Kev

blzbob
July 8th, 2010, 03:40 PM
You can fix the saves by making the Fast progression.

Also, for the Rallying Presence, I worked it up (with help from Mathias and ShadowChemosh) for the Knight so that you don't have to have three different class features. I can send you the user file if you would like.

Frodie
July 8th, 2010, 04:19 PM
That would be great! I spent about 2 hours tring to get that down, lol.
The saves from the book, (it could be wrong), but don't seem to the fast progression.

BTW - Thanks

blzbob
July 8th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Yup, it's definitely the fast progression. Here is the Knight, priest, half-ogre, ratkin, and saurian.

Frodie
July 8th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks, cool I got it all updated and fixed.

Thank you again!

Kev

Frodie
July 8th, 2010, 05:36 PM
BTW - Here is the Swashbuckler. Looks like Tome of Secrets is almost done. Is there a way to make it one user file?

Thanks again for the files!

blzbob
July 8th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I'm sure there's a way and it's probably incredibly easy but I don't know how to do it. Thank you also for the files. I was going to start working on them as time permits but you saved me some time.

Frodie
July 8th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Yea, I was looking over the book, there is alot of stuff. IDK some of it is out of my skill range, lol

ShadowChemosh
July 8th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Is there a way to make it one user file?

Yep their is. The .user files that HL uses are actually XML files. This means they can be edited using any basic note pad or TextPad application. So open up the Source .user file and copy out everything after this:

<document signature="Hero Lab Data">

Until you get to this:

</document>

Then in your Target .user file open it in up and past everything you copied to just before

</document>

at the very end of the file. Save the file and remove the Source .user file from the Pathfinder Data folder in HL otherwise you will get errors for having duplicate Things.

Also make sure to make a backup copy of the .user files before doing this so just encase it goes wrong you don't destroy your work. :p

jbearwillis
July 9th, 2010, 10:03 AM
To start off great work guys, and now to my question, I noticed on the warlord that at first level it is giving a +2 to armor class and a +3 on initiative and it should be only +2. and then when you raise your level to 6th level it stays at a +3 and which is what it is suppose to be, but at 14th level it doesn't change to +4. I was just wondering how to change to correct it.

Frodie
July 9th, 2010, 10:48 AM
uhg, let me see what I can do, lol.

Frodie
July 9th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Took a quick look and I don't see why it is doing it. I really can't mess with it till Monday, but if anyone else can give it a look that would be great.

jbearwillis
July 9th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Thats cool ,was just letting you know - I have been trying to play with it, but I'm not the greatest when it comes to the program side. That's why I come to all the great people here who has a better grasp of it. You do great work.

blzbob
July 10th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I managed to get it all to work correctly. It's kinda clumsy since I can't figure out how to get the Initiative bonus to start at +2 but it prints correctly on the character sheet and on the specials tab. I also made some minor changes to a couple of abilities so they are more consistent.

Frodie
July 10th, 2010, 07:59 AM
coolness, I'll check it out Monday!

ShadowChemosh
July 10th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Guess I am slow, but I did just post Frodie files to d20pfsrd (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/hero-lab) and I have the first level class ability working and printing correctly. Yea bit different as it starts at +2 or 1 higher then xCount/xIndex so bit of playing around needed. I also added in the Distance calculation so it shows as +4(70ft) at 14th level with a 10Cha.

I also made some minor changes to a couple of abilities so they are more consistent.
Could you send me the info one what these are as if its needed fixes we should put them all into the same version.

Thanks

blzbob
July 10th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I emailed you everything I've worked on so far.

Frodie
July 11th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Thanks yall, very glad we could get this done for everyone!

Jhalad
September 4th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Hey, blzbob, thanks for the work on Tome of Secrets. Thought I'd give you a heads up that the priest is not getting legal access to the Knowledge domain if the God they worship doesn't have Knowledge.