PDA

View Full Version : Favored Terrain - Hills

Aldaron
July 8th, 2010, 12:27 AM
Hi guys, here's hoping you can help me! :)
I'm trying to create a ranger with "Hills" as his favoured terrain, but it's not on the normal list that comes up in the "Terrains" button on the "Ranger" tab. No problem, I thought - I'll just add in "Hills" via the editor...except I can't for the life of me find where the terrains are in the editor. I'm starting to wonder if they're hard-coded, actually...I've done a string search on all the .xml files in the HeroLab installation folder, as well as all the custom .user files, and I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Cheers,

Al

dragonladytoo
July 8th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Al,
Why don't you just use what is available: Mountain (including hills)?

It doesn't limit you.

Aldaron
July 9th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Al,
Why don't you just use what is available: Mountain (including hills)?

It doesn't limit you.

Yeah, that's what I've ended up doing, but it piqued my curiosity, because I thought there'd be a way of adding terrains. It's not a big deal, I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something obvious! :)

howardb3
March 8th, 2013, 05:22 AM
I actually need to do this as well but it's for a home brew terrain. Does anyone know how to add to the list of available terrains?

Reaper310
November 26th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I was wondering too if I could add an additional planer terrain for my rogue/horizon walker. I'm just not entirely sure on how to add one. I'm trying to add the Shifting (Planar) from old rules "http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/horizonWalker.htm" so after domain mastery on the horizon walker I can get "spell-like ability to use dimension door (as the spell cast at your character level) once every 1d4 rounds" note I don't really know how to script in HL but I'm trying to learn. I know there is a custom terrain you can choose and put in your own name but there is no terrain mastery or dominance of that terrain you can choose from. favored terrain (planer [specify]) wont work for what W want. Thank you if you can help.