PDA

View Full Version : Modifying a Feat

Golkiwu
July 2nd, 2010, 03:46 PM
I will say up front that I am no code demon.

I want to make a feat that will allow me to modify the Light Ray (Ex) ability of a Lantern Archon. I want it to function like the Improved Natural Weapon feat, and I thought that it would be a good place to start. I am at a loss as how to modify a copy of this feat in the editor and change up a few things and give it a new name. Not so easy. Any help would be appreciated.

:D

ShadowChemosh
July 3rd, 2010, 04:40 AM
So I had sort of read your question several times, but I think your trying to create a new feat that will increase the damage of the Latern Archon's light ray attack up one die size?

If so the Improved Natural Attack feat is not a bad place to start, but it maybe a little over kill as you don't have to select an attack as you already know the one to increase.

I would start with a New(Blank) feat instead of a copy as this one should be fairly simple. Then attach this code as the Eval Scripts at a Phase of Pre-Levels Priority 10,000

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
doneif (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0)

~ Upgrade damage of Light Ray
perform hero.childfound[XXXXXX].assign[Helper.DamageUp]

Now I don't have the bestiary add-on for HL so I have no way of looking up the Unique ID for the Lantern's Light Ray. So you will need to find that and copy it exactly(upper/lower case counts in HL) and replace XXXX with that unique id.

Then I am pretty sure the above will work. :) Again without having the bestiary add on I can't really test it.

Hope that helps.

Golkiwu
July 4th, 2010, 03:34 AM
I thank you for the response.

I did create the feat with the scripting you supplied. It did create a feat that shows in the Specials Tab with the descriptor I wrote. I have generated more questions once I performed the task. I would like to know if it is possible to have the Light Ray show up as a weapon that will calculate Attack/Damage/And critical feats associated with a Ray. It is mainly for the convenience of the DM (who will be utilizing this on D20PRO) and myself in referencing the attack on the printed character sheet.

Thanks again for the help.

ShadowChemosh
July 6th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Currently the Touch/Ranged Touch attacks that show up in HL don't appear on the printed sheet. To solve this problem I made a pair of weapons called Ranged Touch attack and Touch Attack.

This way my players could simply add them as a free weapon and have the correct calculation show up on their printed sheets.

As it seems to get asked allot I put them into their own .user file that is available at the bottom of this page (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/hero-lab) for download.

Once you have that .user you can then bootstrap wRangedTou onto the light ray racial ability so that the Ranged Touch Attack weapon will automatically come along when the racial ability is added to the hero.

Hope that helps.

Golkiwu
July 6th, 2010, 04:29 PM
That file worked great. I just duplicated it and customized it to show the info and damage for the Archon Light Ray.

Thanks!!