PDA

View Full Version : Hero Lab the offical Piazo Char-gen!!?

Mindcloud
June 30th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I just saw the post over at EN World. Rob, Colen Is this correct? If so congratulations guys!

see post #13
http://www.enworld.org/forum/pathfinder-rpg-discussion/278871-pathfinder-character-builder.html

djc664
July 1st, 2010, 06:53 AM
I am assuming it is true as it appears that Lisa Stevens has confirmed as well. To that I say CONGRATS!

Oooo... does this mean you'll be getting a booth at GenCon next to Paizo? :)

Is that celebration why you let Mathias out of his programmer cage for vacation? ;)

Will there be buttons?

I'm just full of questions. :)

Seriously though, I'm very happy for everyone at Lone Wolf! You all do some great work.

Virtue
July 1st, 2010, 07:09 AM
After reading Lisa's post im now doing a happy dance around my desk at work

ShadowChemosh
July 1st, 2010, 07:50 AM
Yea! :D:D:eek:

EberronKnight
July 1st, 2010, 12:35 PM
Sweet! and congrats! Wow, something I really wanted to happen for Pathfinder comes true!

EK

rob
July 2nd, 2010, 01:53 AM
As Lisa stated in her post, it's all been signed, so it's official. We're still waiting for a review of the press release, which we hope to have wrapped on Friday so we can post it.

Thanks for all the kind words! We're expecting this to be the next major milestone towards something really cool for Pathfinder players.

Virtue
July 2nd, 2010, 07:54 AM
Heres hoping for a hero lab subscrition =)

risner
July 2nd, 2010, 09:00 AM
Here is hoping for a "I get subscription to Paizo, so I get the datasets from Hero Lab included"

Virtue
July 2nd, 2010, 10:08 AM
Here is hoping for a "I get subscription to Paizo, so I get the datasets from Hero Lab included"

thats way to good to be true

Colen
July 2nd, 2010, 03:06 PM
Official announcement is now up:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10705

Hyrum
July 2nd, 2010, 08:54 PM
Woot!

Hyrum.
Super Genius Games (http://www.supergeniusgames.com)
"We err on the side of awesome."

evilash
July 2nd, 2010, 11:58 PM
I noticed that the Pathfinder logo changed, but didn't think much about it. Congrats everyone.

JimGroves
July 3rd, 2010, 11:20 AM
Wow...

Once those Companion and Chronicle books get added.. Herolabs is going to be amazingly powerful for Pathfinder RPG.

Basically its going to be comparable to the Character Builder for 4E edition. Now Pathfinder will be able realistically argue that a similiar level of support is available for their RPG as WOTC has for their product.

This is a major score for Lone Wolf Development. Congrats!

risner
July 4th, 2010, 06:22 PM
So officially, are all older books going to get official data updates?

Meaning, should we continue to develop data sets for books not currently supported? Or will Hero Lab get official datasets for things like Adventurer Armory, Seeker of Secrets.

Virtue
July 5th, 2010, 06:14 PM
So officially, are all older books going to get official data updates?

Meaning, should we continue to develop data sets for books not currently supported? Or will Hero Lab get official datasets for things like Adventurer Armory, Seeker of Secrets.

I think all the Pathfinder Stuff will be done but I think they will do the 3.5 stuff slowly when they have time

rob
July 6th, 2010, 03:32 AM
The plan is to get all of the Pathfinder RPG material into Hero Lab. However, the 3.5 content is something that would come after all the Pathfinder RPG material, and there are no guarantees at this point that the 3.5 material will be officially added. As for timetables on it all, we're still figuring all that stuff out on our end now. Our #1 priority is to fully implement the Advanced Player's Guide. That is a *huge* amount of work. Once that's done, then we can shift our focus to the Companion and Chronicle material. We're also exploring other possible approaches that will get the material put together more quickly. We should have something more concrete mapped out in the next few weeks.