PDA

View Full Version : Adding Barding to Mounts

branbric
June 27th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Okay, I may be an idiot, but I can't seem to figure out how to add barding to my fighter's horse. Can anyone help me out? BTW, I am running the demo version, this may determine if I buy the set or not.

branbric
June 27th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Okay, so I figured out how to do that, but now I can't figure out how to either 1. get my rider be buy the barding at the right price, or 2. transfer money to the horse, help!

Theocrat
June 27th, 2010, 05:55 PM
For my dog's barding I had to create it from scratch. Chain was $300 iirc. I can give you the .user file for it if you'd want. I think barding is the same.

blzbob
June 27th, 2010, 08:29 PM
What I do is I go to the tab for my mount and select the armor I want. I write the price down and select "buy for free." I then go to the main character tab and I subtract the price I wrote down.

rob
June 27th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I believe the easiest way to buy something for a mount or hireling out of the PC's funds is to....

1. Buy the item for the PC
2. Switch to the mount or hireling
3. Using the Dashboard on the right, click on the "bag" icon for the PC
4. Fetch the item from the PC onto the mount/hireling

This makes the purchase through the PC and transfers the item to the mount/hireling for use.

blzbob
June 27th, 2010, 09:53 PM
I believe the easiest way to buy something for a mount or hireling out of the PC's funds is to....

1. Buy the item for the PC
2. Switch to the mount or hireling
3. Using the Dashboard on the right, click on the "bag" icon for the PC
4. Fetch the item from the PC onto the mount/hireling

This makes the purchase through the PC and transfers the item to the mount/hireling for use.

The only problem is that it doesn't calculate the cost correctly because the mount is a quadruped. If you buy the armor with the mount, it calculates it right.

risner
June 27th, 2010, 10:04 PM
What I do is I go to the tab for my mount and select the armor I want. I write the price down and select "buy for free." I then go to the main character tab and I subtract the price I wrote down.

I gave the mount a journal entry "Awarded money from PC" of the amount needed, bought the item, then added a journal for the PC of "Bought barding for mount" of a negative gp.

Mathias
June 28th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Rob,
Unfortunately, in Pathfinder/d20, the cost of gear changes depending on the size of the purchaser and the cost of armor changes if the purchaser is non-human. So, barding is just normal armor, with a cost multiplier for being purchased for a size L horse (or a size M dog, etc.) who's non-human.

rob
June 28th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Doh! Well, I can now see why barding is annoying to handle for a mount at the present time - and non-obvious. We'll have to look into tweaking that in a future update.