PDA

View Full Version : Dark Ice Fey Template

Green Hornet
June 22nd, 2010, 09:27 PM
I am try to create the dark ice fey template from Carnival of Fear. I am very new to this and it is not turning out correctly. How do I create the 1d6 dexterity damage and the +1d6 cold damage?

Mathias
June 23rd, 2010, 10:47 AM
In the Racial Specials option on your template, near the top, should be a set of ability damage specials. Select the DEX damage special there.

Now, you'll see the bootstrap adjustment form. Press the fields button that's on the far right, "Click to add another field", and enter "abValue" as the "Field Id" and "6" as the "Value". Press OK here and again to leave the Racial Special Abilities form.

Now for the Ice damage. I'm presuming it's similar to the Salamander's +1D6 fire damage to all attacks, so we'll copy that.

Switch to the Racial Special tab, and press the "New (Copy)" button on the bottom left.

In that list, scroll down until you find the specials named "Heat". The third one, with "raSalHeat" in parentheses next to it is the Salamander's version (the others are for the Efreeti and Remorhaz), so select that.

Give this a new Unique Id, like "raDIFCold", and change the description text and the name. Now save this and press the "Test Now!" button at the top left.

Go back to your template, and to its Racial Special Abilities button, and add your new special to the template.

Green Hornet
June 23rd, 2010, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the help.