PDA

View Full Version : How to make a smarter spider

redbaeyr
June 17th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I was trying to add an INT score to a Giant Spider and just could not seem to do it.

I went into adjustments, tried all the options there but it never seemed to apply it.

Anybody with better knowledge of the program care to offer a suggestion.

I tried even to go and copy and modify the race using the editor but it would not allow me to because it came from a supplement?

Anyway, thanks in advance to anybody who can help me make this work in the program!

Redbaeyr

Mathias
June 17th, 2010, 02:42 PM
According to the Bestiary (pg 310), all Vermin are mindless. If they gain an INT score they become an animal or magical beast.

So, in the editor, change the Type to Magical Beast, and then you can have a non-mindless vermin.

(You can't make a direct copy of a Bestiary monster in the editor, but you can open the existing version, create a New (Blank) race, and switching back and forth, copy all the settings.)

blzbob
June 17th, 2010, 06:40 PM
(You can't make a direct copy of a Bestiary monster in the editor, but you can open the existing version, create a New (Blank) race, and switching back and forth, copy all the settings.)

Out of curiosity, why is that? I was trying to add the missing dragons and I had to do it all from scratch. It's not a problem since it gets easier with each one but why can't I just copy the creatures? Is it so that people can't share the files with those who didn't pay for them?

Mathias
June 18th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Yes. Once you can copy something, you can set it to not require the Bestiary.