PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bug Reports - Version 3.5

Mathias
June 16th, 2010, 03:31 PM
(bug reports thread for the June 16th, 2010 release)

Bishop37
June 16th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Shield bashing doesn't seem to work for custom shields. I tried a +1 mithril heavy shield, just a plain heavy steel shield using the custom armor window, and mixes of the above with no luck.

TopCat
June 17th, 2010, 02:52 AM
The new display of save DC for spells doesn't seem to work for Wizards (all spells with a save are showing as DC 0).

Bards, Clerics, Druids, Paladins and Sorcerers all seem to work OK.

ShadowChemosh
June 17th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Shield bashing doesn't seem to work for custom shields. I tried a +1 mithril heavy shield, just a plain heavy steel shield using the custom armor window, and mixes of the above with no luck.
Just wanted to say I can confirm this also. I even removed all my .user files to make sure it was not one of them causing an issue. FYI for those using my shieldbash.user file you may wish to remove it as you will want to start using the base HL stuff instead of my modified code.

I can see all the new stuff that got setup just as Mathias said in the editor, but can't actually get the weapon part to show up anywhere to select.

blzbob
June 17th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Just wanted to say I can confirm this also. I even removed all my .user files to make sure it was not one of them causing an issue. FYI for those using my shieldbash.user file you may wish to remove it as you will want to start using the base HL stuff instead of my modified code.

I can see all the new stuff that got setup just as Mathias said in the editor, but can't actually get the weapon part to show up anywhere to select.

I removed your file but I still can't get the shield bash to show up anywhere. I also am not seeing the shield spike show up on the character sheet or on the weapon tab.

blzbob
June 17th, 2010, 06:41 AM
The new display of save DC for spells doesn't seem to work for Wizards (all spells with a save are showing as DC 0).

I get that when selecting spells for my spellbook but they seem to be ok after I select them as prepared spells. It shows up correctly in HL and on the character sheet.

TopCat
June 17th, 2010, 12:46 PM
I get that when selecting spells for my spellbook but they seem to be ok after I select them as prepared spells. It shows up correctly in HL and on the character sheet.

True, but it's the spellbook printout that I need to be correct as I print out the party wizard's spellbook for him to use during our gaming session. I know I could also select to prepare one of every spell in his spellbook and print that out, but he's a 12th-level wizard with a VERY large spellbook.

Mathias
June 17th, 2010, 01:52 PM

I removed your file but I still can't get the shield bash to show up anywhere. I also am not seeing the shield spike show up on the character sheet or on the weapon tab.

I apologize for this. I am certain I had this working at one point, because I remember it took me a half-day of backtracking and re-working to solve this problem, but I apparently made some mis-copies later in the process and overwrote my solution. It'll be fixed in the next update, and shield bashing does still work for non-custom shields.

The shield spikes are no longer their own weapon, they're a modification of the weapon stats on the shields. Unfortunately, shield spikes can't be added unless you're creating a custom shield, and those don't currently add the weapon stats, so shield spikes aren't available right now.

Mathias
June 17th, 2010, 02:02 PM

Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

kunger00
June 17th, 2010, 05:59 PM
This was the last thing posted to the previous bug report so reposting in case it was missed and editing somewhat for my stupidity.

The mouse over for the ? symbol of 2nd level barbarian ability Uncanny Dodge on the barbarian tab brings up the IMPROVED uncanny dodge info. The reverse is occuring when mousing over the ? for improved uncanny dodge. However, the info for the two abilities are identical where they should not be (uncanny retains Dex while improved uncanny prevents flanking)

And finally, should uncanny dodge's retain dex bonus when flatfooded auto calculate into the flatfooded ac?

TBKenie
June 17th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Minor misspelling of "Undergroud" in Ranger's favored terrain.

Golkiwu
June 18th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Intelligent Magic weapons not showing lesser ability to cast any 0 level sorcerer/wizard spell. I was expecting all of the options available in the PCRB to be in the item generation for Hero Lab.

TheStiegler
June 18th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I've been asking about this one in a prior thread for a while, but figured I might get a response here...

I cast Animal Growth on my Bear Animal Companion, so I went to the adjustments tab and made all the necessary changes, but the size increase didn't boost my bear's natural weapons damage dice. So I did the weapon size increase adjustment, and that didn't change the number's either.

Golkiwu
June 19th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Also not seeing Flat Footed AC being calculated correctly with a rogue having uncanny dodge. Shows FF AC without Armor Dex Bonus.

Ogre Jelly
June 20th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I was trying to make an NPC fire giant cleric, but there was an issue in the CR calculation. Herolab increases the CR of the giant by 1 for each cleric level I add, except for the first. However, by page 297, bestiary, as a cleric is not key for a fire giant, CR should increase by 1 for every 2 cleric levels until 10 cleric levels are added (as 10 is the original CR of the fire giant).

Virtue
June 21st, 2010, 09:29 AM
The Marililith is no longer listed with the Demons

Mathias
June 21st, 2010, 10:25 AM
Minor misspelling of "Undergroud" in Ranger's favored terrain.

Mathias
June 21st, 2010, 10:26 AM
Intelligent Magic weapons not showing lesser ability to cast any 0 level sorcerer/wizard spell. I was expecting all of the options available in the PCRB to be in the item generation for Hero Lab.

I'm sorry to say that there are still a few things missing for intelligent items.

Mathias
June 21st, 2010, 10:26 AM
I've been asking about this one in a prior thread for a while, but figured I might get a response here...

I cast Animal Growth on my Bear Animal Companion, so I went to the adjustments tab and made all the necessary changes, but the size increase didn't boost my bear's natural weapons damage dice. So I did the weapon size increase adjustment, and that didn't change the number's either.

Yes, this error is on my to-do list, but I have not gotten to it yet.

Mathias
June 21st, 2010, 10:28 AM
Also not seeing Flat Footed AC being calculated correctly with a rogue having uncanny dodge. Shows FF AC without Armor Dex Bonus.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're reporting. Could you please re-phrase, perhaps with examples?

Mathias
June 21st, 2010, 10:30 AM
I was trying to make an NPC fire giant cleric, but there was an issue in the CR calculation. Herolab increases the CR of the giant by 1 for each cleric level I add, except for the first. However, by page 297, bestiary, as a cleric is not key for a fire giant, CR should increase by 1 for every 2 cleric levels until 10 cleric levels are added (as 10 is the original CR of the fire giant).

The monster-class CR rules have not been implemented yet, I'm sorry to say. On the Adjust tab, you'll find a CR adjustment so that you can fix them - that's the current workaround.

Mathias
June 21st, 2010, 10:31 AM
The Marililith is no longer listed with the Demons

Golkiwu
June 21st, 2010, 11:10 AM
Sorry, I don't understand what you're reporting. Could you please re-phrase, perhaps with examples?

Sure,;)

on the hero Labs sheet, if you are normaly caught flat footed, it will show your flat footed AC calculated with your armor bonus, but not your DEX bonus. For example, a character with a 14 DEX wearing a chain shirt would normally have an ac of 16 (10 + 4 for chain shirt +2 for DEX 14) and an AC of 14 when flat footed due to the loss of the +2 from DEX 14 bonus. With the same character as a level 8 rouge, he would have Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge , allowing him to retain his DEX bonus even while flat footed. In the Hero Labs sheet it is not keeping the Dex bounus in the Flat Footed calculation for a Rouge character of with the Uncanny Dodge/ Improved Uncanny Dodge abillities. In my case my 8th level Rogue is losing it's +6 Dex Bonus on the Flat Footed AC Calculation.

I do not mean to quote remedial rule concepts, I am only attempting to be thorough. I hope this clarifies what I am seeing occur. And as always, I appreciate your efforts in addressing the bugs we all find.:D

Mathias
June 21st, 2010, 11:50 AM
Even with Improved Uncanny Dodge, you're still flat-footed when incapacitated or while running without the Run feat. So the calculations for the regular armor class and the flat-footed don't change. The ability just affects when you look at one AC and when you look at the other - you don't go flat-footed in as many cases, but there are still times you need to look up the Flat-footed AC.

williamm12
June 21st, 2010, 12:29 PM
hi

I just made a alchemist and i realized that the class skills are not showing up. when you put points in to them they don't get the extra points for class skill.

thanks

williamm12 :)

Golkiwu
June 21st, 2010, 12:45 PM
Even with Improved Uncanny Dodge, you're still flat-footed when incapacitated or while running without the Run feat. So the calculations for the regular armor class and the flat-footed don't change. The ability just affects when you look at one AC and when you look at the other - you don't go flat-footed in as many cases, but there are still times you need to look up the Flat-footed AC.

Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense to me!

:D

Mathias
June 21st, 2010, 01:14 PM
I just made a alchemist and i realized that the class skills are not showing up. when you put points in to them they don't get the extra points for class skill.

Could you walk me me through the steps you went through to get to this error? I just added a level of Alchemist to a blank character, and the class skills are working.

Virtue
June 22nd, 2010, 08:21 AM
Fixed my problem

Bishop37
June 25th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Not so much a bug as a feature request:

A button to convert all money to the highest possible denominations...

So if I have 1pp, 532g, 97sp and 13cp it will automatically convert to 55pp, 1gp, 8sp, and 3cp.

Or perhaps better yet, buttons for each denomination to convert any coins of lesser value up to the selected value.

risner
June 25th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I just got Hero Lab and I have issues building my first character (in terms of it incorrectly calculating values.)

1) Take for example a Monk with a 7 Wisdom. It properly says AC Bonus +0 for the Monk class ability in the Monk tab, but in special it says "AC Bonus +-2" and reduces your AC by 2. Monk's AC Bonus uses your Wisdom bonus, not Wisdom modifier, so it should never reduce your AC.

2) I needed to support a synergy item, so I created a new item that is to apply a +2 Insight to CMB and CMD. It works properly for CMB, but it added +4 to CMD:
if (field[gIsEquip].value <> 0) then
~ Add +2 Insight bonus to CMB/CMD
hero.child[Maneuver].field[BonInsight].value = maximum(hero.child[Maneuver].field[BonInsight].value, 2)
endif
What is interesting is that it is calculating the value (at 25) correctly (10+Feat DCT at HD 5 instead of the BAB 3+5 STR+2 DEX+2 Insight from this+1 Dodge = 25) but when you remove this item, you drop your CMD by 4 instead of by 2 as expected.

3) I have a PFS character who purchases a Riding Dog. It has a validation issue and says "Only basic races are allowed for Pathfinder Society characters" but the Dog is allowed in the purchasing rules. At least by my reading it is allowed in Core and in Adventurer's Armoury.

4) I have Dirty Fighting (Trait for +1 dmg on Flanking) and no where do I see on unarmed a notice of this. Same for Mobility, I don't see "AC 21 for AoO" or anything similar.

5) Skills seem to be hard to audit? For example, I don't see "Disable Device +9 (+14 vs Traps)" and I don't see a breakout of the way it came to arrive on +9.

6) More of a fear, say I gave exp enough for level 6. Built the char up to 6th, but left feat slots open. Say I had 3 open feats, could I add all three with "BAB +6" prereq? Would it prevent that? Or post a validation error? In short, I worry that it isn't calculating the prereqs at the time, because it doesn't post to me that this Dodge feat was taken at 1st (for example.)

7) When you export to PDF, with Defensive Combat Training, the printed CMD line uses your actual BAB (+3 for example) instead of your HD (+5) for the BAB column, so the numbers don't add up and it appears strange.

Mathias
June 25th, 2010, 01:59 PM
1) Take for example a Monk with a 7 Wisdom. It properly says AC Bonus +0 for the Monk class ability in the Monk tab, but in special it says "AC Bonus +-2" and reduces your AC by 2. Monk's AC Bonus uses your Wisdom bonus, not Wisdom modifier, so it should never reduce your AC.

2) I needed to support a synergy item, so I created a new item that is to apply a +2 Insight to CMB and CMD. It works properly for CMB, but it added +4 to CMD:
if (field[gIsEquip].value <> 0) then
~ Add +2 Insight bonus to CMB/CMD
hero.child[Maneuver].field[BonInsight].value = maximum(hero.child[Maneuver].field[BonInsight].value, 2)
endif
What is interesting is that it is calculating the value (at 25) correctly (10+Feat DCT at HD 5 instead of the BAB 3+5 STR+2 DEX+2 Insight from this+1 Dodge = 25) but when you remove this item, you drop your CMD by 4 instead of by 2 as expected.

What's the timing of this script? Also, is there possibly a second script that's adding an AC bonus?

3) I have a PFS character who purchases a Riding Dog. It has a validation issue and says "Only basic races are allowed for Pathfinder Society characters" but the Dog is allowed in the purchasing rules. At least by my reading it is allowed in Core and in Adventurer's Armoury.

4) I have Dirty Fighting (Trait for +1 dmg on Flanking) and no where do I see on unarmed a notice of this. Same for Mobility, I don't see "AC 21 for AoO" or anything similar.

There are so many situational modifiers in HL that it's impossible to track them all. They're all listed on the Special tab so that the user can determine when they apply.

5) Skills seem to be hard to audit? For example, I don't see "Disable Device +9 (+14 vs Traps)" and I don't see a breakout of the way it came to arrive on +9.

This is one of the projects on my to-do list.

6) More of a fear, say I gave exp enough for level 6. Built the char up to 6th, but left feat slots open. Say I had 3 open feats, could I add all three with "BAB +6" prereq? Would it prevent that? Or post a validation error? In short, I worry that it isn't calculating the prereqs at the time, because it doesn't post to me that this Dodge feat was taken at 1st (for example.)

You can construct your character one level at a time to avoid this sort of problem.

7) When you export to PDF, with Defensive Combat Training, the printed CMD line uses your actual BAB (+3 for example) instead of your HD (+5) for the BAB column, so the numbers don't add up and it appears strange.

Known issue, it's on my to-do list.

Mathias
June 25th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Not so much a bug as a feature request:

A button to convert all money to the highest possible denominations...

So if I have 1pp, 532g, 97sp and 13cp it will automatically convert to 55pp, 1gp, 8sp, and 3cp.

Or perhaps better yet, buttons for each denomination to convert any coins of lesser value up to the selected value.

You can make conversions on the Journal tab by putting in a negative amount of the smaller currency and a positive amount of the larger currency, and then press "Earn"

So, +1 pp, -10 gp is no net change.

Jhalad
June 26th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Couple of things, might have already been covered...

The skill Profession is missing from the cleric's stats.

The Healer Kit is a consumable, but does not show up on the consumables list.

ShadowChemosh
June 26th, 2010, 07:41 AM
The skill Profession is missing from the cleric's stats.

You have to Add Profession/Craft/Knowledge/Perform skills by clicking on the "Add Additional Skill" under the skill list. Cause a blank fresh cleric I just did correctly shows Profession skills as class skills once I add them to the character.

If your looking for a specific Profession that does not show you can always add that skill pretty easily in the editor simply by coping an existing Profession skill and making your custom changes.

Jhalad
June 26th, 2010, 09:25 AM
You have to Add Profession/Craft/Knowledge/Perform skills by clicking on the "Add Additional Skill" under the skill list. Cause a blank fresh cleric I just did correctly shows Profession skills as class skills once I add them to the character.

If your looking for a specific Profession that does not show you can always add that skill pretty easily in the editor simply by coping an existing Profession skill and making your custom changes.

Once I restarted the character, the Profession skill was now a class skill.

risner
June 26th, 2010, 09:34 AM
What's the timing of this script? Also, is there possibly a second script that's adding an AC bonus?

Nothing else I've created.

I should make it clear, that I didn't audit before creating the item. Because of that fact, I didn't notice I was 2 short. But adding this item makes it "fix" the problem OR the item adding +2 actually ends up adding +4 and some other effect that should be adding +2 isn't working. I have multiple effect (like for example DCT) that add +2 right now.

Is there any way to detail what is making up my CMD?

Ok, on another note. Your support appears awesome. I posted a laundry list of issues and several are being worked, several fixed, and it just makes me feel like this is going to be a good product.

Maidhc O Casain
June 26th, 2010, 12:57 PM

Related to this: I just created a first level Rogue (½Orc) and equipped him with Leather Armor. His DEX is 17, WIS is 15. AC is correctly calculated at 15.

When I added a level of Monk, it adds both the equipped Leather Armor bonus and the Monks WIS bonus to the AC. Armor Class is calculated at 17.

Unequipping the leather armor reduced the AC to 15.

Under the Monk tab the ability is listed as AC Bonus +0 and is grayed out.

Under the Special tab the ability is listed as AC Bonus +2 and is grayed out.

Unequipping the armor causes both to read +2 and available.

Grog
June 26th, 2010, 03:03 PM
In this update I've noticed the following error appearing.

Attempt to access field 'wMaxStr' that does not exist on thing 'iDarkBuck'
Location: 'field calcuate' for script field 'gCost' near line 10

I've isolated this to a Darkwood Buckler. (Object Name seemed logical...) Nothing special about it, just a stock buckler. My character has one, and the error comes up when I select the character, and/or open the portfolio.

If I remove Darkwood Buckler. No errors.

If I add the Darkwood Buckler back to the character after removing, I get this error instead:

Attempt to access field 'wMaxStr' that does not exist on thing 'iDarkBuck'
Location: 'field calcuate' for script field 'gCost' near line 10
---
Attempt to access field 'wls2nd' that does not exist on thing 'iDarkBuck'
Location: 'eval' script for component 'BaseMagicl (Eval Script '#1') near line 30
---
Tag expression accessing field value 'wls2nd' for pick 'iDarkBuck' that doesn't contain field.

Grog

TopCat
June 27th, 2010, 04:17 AM
While creating a 10th-level CE Cleric, I was unable to select Chaos Hammer and Unholy Blight as prepared spells.

I copied both in the editor and discovered that neither was set as a cleric spell (Chaos Hammer was set as Chaotic and Inquisitor; Unholy Blight was set as Evil and Inquisitor).

Mathias
June 27th, 2010, 11:02 AM
In this update I've noticed the following error appearing.

I've isolated this to a Darkwood Buckler. (Object Name seemed logical...) Nothing special about it, just a stock buckler. My character has one, and the error comes up when I select the character, and/or open the portfolio.

If I remove Darkwood Buckler. No errors.

If I add the Darkwood Buckler back to the character after removing, I get this error instead:

Grog

Is this fixed in the 3.6 update? This was appearing on all of the specific shields that were based on light and heavy shields in 3.5, although I don't know why it would appear on a buckler - it was caused by a bad interaction between the weapon stats for shield bashing and the parent shields.

Mathias
June 27th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Related to this: I just created a first level Rogue (½Orc) and equipped him with Leather Armor. His DEX is 17, WIS is 15. AC is correctly calculated at 15.

When I added a level of Monk, it adds both the equipped Leather Armor bonus and the Monks WIS bonus to the AC. Armor Class is calculated at 17.

Unequipping the leather armor reduced the AC to 15.

Under the Monk tab the ability is listed as AC Bonus +0 and is grayed out.

Under the Special tab the ability is listed as AC Bonus +2 and is grayed out.

Unequipping the armor causes both to read +2 and available.

The monk AC bonus isn't usable when you're wearing armor, but apparently the script isn't disabling the bonus when it marks the special as unusable. I'll get that fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

Mathias
June 27th, 2010, 01:06 PM
The Healer Kit is a consumable, but does not show up on the consumables list.

One of the projects on my to-do list is a check through all the items and magic items, looking for effects that aren't taken into account (like the +2 to heal skill for a healer's kit) or this sort of thing.

So, this is already on my to-do list.

Mathias
June 27th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Nothing else I've created.

I should make it clear, that I didn't audit before creating the item. Because of that fact, I didn't notice I was 2 short. But adding this item makes it "fix" the problem OR the item adding +2 actually ends up adding +4 and some other effect that should be adding +2 isn't working. I have multiple effect (like for example DCT) that add +2 right now.

What's the timing of your script (In the Eval Scripts window, at the very top, is a Phase and Priority - what do those say)?

Is there any way to detail what is making up my CMD?

Go to the develop menu, and make sure that the first item there, "Enable Data File Debugging" is checked. Then go to the last item, "Floating Info Windows", then "Show Selection Fields", and in the list that pops up, select "Combat Maneuvers" - the window that shows has all the fields that are part of the Mombat Maneuvers pick, so hopefully that will tell you something about what's going into it.

Mathias
June 27th, 2010, 01:11 PM
While creating a 10th-level CE Cleric, I was unable to select Chaos Hammer and Unholy Blight as prepared spells.

I copied both in the editor and discovered that neither was set as a cleric spell (Chaos Hammer was set as Chaotic and Inquisitor; Unholy Blight was set as Evil and Inquisitor).

Grog
June 27th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Is this fixed in the 3.6 update? This was appearing on all of the specific shields that were based on light and heavy shields in 3.5, although I don't know why it would appear on a buckler - it was caused by a bad interaction between the weapon stats for shield bashing and the parent shields.

From my side, I would mark this issue as resolved. I cannot reproduce the error after updating to 3.6. Thanks. :)