PDA

View Full Version : Version 3.5 of the Pathfinder files is now available

Mathias
June 16th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Along with the 3.6b update to Hero Lab, the Pathfinder files have been updated to version 3.5. Here's the change list, from the FAQ:

Enhancements & Changes

The portrait on the first page of the character sheet no longer expands to take up too much space. Also fixed some positioning inconsistencies on the first page of the character sheet.
Added a Size Increase option for creatures with racial hit dice. This can be found after the additional HD option in the Classes list.
Added the option for Tieflings to use the variant heritages and variant abilities from Pathfinder #25. To see these, the Council of Thieves source must be selected. Because there are 100 different abilities, only the first 20, #67 and #100 have been added so far. A few more will be added with each update until the list is complete.
Added Racial Custom Abilities to the Race tab in the editor.
Shields now display their shield bash statistics.
Spells now calculate their own DCs, including effects from things like Spell Focus.
Added the additional sizes of animated objects listed in the Bestiary.
Bug Fixes

Staves in Pathfinder have 10 charges, rather than the 50 they had in the SRD.
The Nunchaku is now set as being constructed of wood and metal.
The cost for custom scrolls, potions, or wands made from Paladin or Ranger spells was not being calculated correctly.
In cases where they do not add hit dice, the Skeleton and Zombie templates were showing a space to enter HP, and reporting an error until something was filled in there.
If a template like Skeleton or Zombie that removed a creature's INT score was added to a creature whose race came with pre-selected skills, an error would be reported, that too many skill points were assigned.
Added custom abilities to the Animated Object race.
Data File Authoring

Classes can now specify that they count as other classes for the purpose of feats. If you wish to use this in feats or other things than classes, the new tag group is "FtCountAs" and the tags in it are the same as those in the "Classes" tag group.
The #featlevelcount[] macro has been added. This counts the level of the specified class, as well as the levels of any other classes that have been marked as "counting as" that class for the purpose of feats. All the existing feats that required levels of specific classes have been changed to use this mechanism. For example, the Weapon Specialization feat uses #featlevelcount[Fighter] to total the levels of Fighter, Eldritch Knight, and any user-added classes that contribute towards learning fighter-specific feats.
Added a tab for Spell Schools to the editor. These serve to store any modifiers to DC and CL for spells that match their school or subschool. If any new spell schools or subschools are created, new entries should be added on this tab, so that those spells can be altered.
The DC modifier on a spell school is field[schDC].value, and the CL modifier is field[schCL].value. Spells calculate their DC and CL at Final/25000, so modifications should be made before then.

ShadowChemosh
July 3rd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Classes can now specify that they count as other classes for the purpose of feats. If you wish to use this in feats or other things than classes, the new tag group is "FtCountAs" and the tags in it are the same as those in the "Classes" tag group.
The #featlevelcount[] macro has been added. This counts the level of the specified class, as well as the levels of any other classes that have been marked as "counting as" that class for the purpose of feats. All the existing feats that required levels of specific classes have been changed to use this mechanism. For example, the Weapon Specialization feat uses #featlevelcount[Fighter] to total the levels of Fighter, Eldritch Knight, and any user-added classes that contribute towards learning fighter-specific feats.

Thank you for adding this new feature, but of course I need something just a little different. Is their any way to have the Count As class equal to only Half? The new class I am entering has a talent that makes the class equal to half the level of a fighter for purposes of taking fighter feats.

Mathias
July 10th, 2010, 06:28 PM
The #featlevelcount[#class] macro is replaced by the compiler with:

hero.tagcount[Classes.#class] + hero.tagcount[FtCountAs.#class]

So just divide the FtCoutAs.? tagcount by 2. (You'll need to make a replacement for all the fighter feats, though)

Mathias
July 10th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Just thought of a good way to do this.

You can have your special assign half as many FtCountAs tags as it has xAllLev:

var i as number
var tagstoadd as number
var tagid as string

tagid = root.tagids[FtCountAs.?]

tagstoadd = round(field[xAllLev].value/2,0,-1)

doneif (tagstoadd <= 0)

for i = 1 to tagstoadd
perform hero.assignstr[tagid]
next

ShadowChemosh
July 11th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Thank you that works perfectly and I learned a few new things from that script. My fault, but forgot to mention it was a Trait(Custom Ability) not a Class Special adding the half level. So had to make a few tweaks to get it to work but it does and perfectly.

Thanks

Mathias
July 11th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I realized after posting it that that rather than looking up the root's tagid for FtCountAs, it should instead always use FtCountAs.Fighter. So, here's the corrected version as a class special:

var i as number
var tagstoadd as number
tagstoadd = round(field[xAllLev].value/2,0,-1)

doneif (tagstoadd <= 0)

for i = 1 to tagstoadd
perform hero.assign[FtCountAs.Fighter]
next

Jhalad
July 11th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Shouldn't all of the feats be removed from a creature if it gets any of the zombie templates?

Mathias
July 11th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Hero Lab can't handle one thing removing something that's been added by something else - too many dependancies to track. Therefore, the zombie template disables all the specials (including feats) that it doesn't add. So, those other specials have to take that into account in their code (and not many do - bad coding on my part).

Mathias
July 11th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Thank you that works perfectly and I learned a few new things from that script.

You may want to take a look at tis page of the Authoring Kit Wiki, particularly at the "Scripting Language" section:
http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index.php5/Kit_Reference

The "Flow Control" page includes for/next, and "Other Language Statements" includes all the variations of foreach.