PDA

View Full Version : Custom/Modified Character Sheets for Printing

WyvernSting
June 10th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Hello all,
I just purchased my first copy of the Hero Labs software and have begun to incorporate it into the way I run my Pathfinder campaign. I love everything about the software, except the limited print output options. As I've mentioned, I'm new to the community so it may be already available and I'm just unaware of it... but I would like to know how to generate custom character sheets for use with the Hero Labs Pathfinder/Bestiary data set; or I would like to know how to extract a portfolio in XML so that I can inject it into a character format of my choosing.

Upon searching the forums I notice that similar questions were posed back in 2007 so I assume in the last 3 years progress has been made on this front.

Please let me know if either option is available. Thank you again for your great tool.

WSting

Ty1976
June 11th, 2010, 06:40 AM
I to would like to adjsut my character sheet, I would also like to know if there is a way to track used spells much like the tracked resources area.

Thanks
Ty

Mathias
June 11th, 2010, 08:38 AM
User-created output formats are on our to-do list, probably for the fall/winter timeframe. Improvements to the spell memorization/usage on the character sheet is something I hope to get to sooner.

Theocrat
June 11th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I'd like to see animal companion and other secondary characters pictures to be printed as well on the PC sheet. As mentioned previously, modifying weapon order is also something to be looked forward to.

Bishop37
June 12th, 2010, 06:37 PM
The one thing I'd like that I think could be quickly done is to have a option in the Hero settings along with the "Show Feat/Ability Descriptions" to not show the Feat descriptions for proficiencies. On my fighter with his long list of armor and weapon proficiencies, the armor proficiencies alone take up almost a third of the space with their descriptions. (Or even better, only show the full description for Armor Proficiency (Light) and not repeat it for the other two, since it is a prerequisite for the others anyways).

ShadowChemosh
June 12th, 2010, 08:47 PM
The one thing I'd like that I think could be quickly done is to have a option in the Hero settings along with the "Show Feat/Ability Descriptions" to not show the Feat descriptions for proficiencies. On my fighter with his long list of armor and weapon proficiencies, the armor proficiencies alone take up almost a third of the space with their descriptions. (Or even better, only show the full description for Armor Proficiency (Light) and not repeat it for the other two, since it is a prerequisite for the others anyways).
You can do this yourself already. Open up the Editor, create a new data file. Then go to the Feat Tab and do a New(Copy) of say Armor Proficiency(Light) feat and write down its unique id(fArmLight). Then press OK to select it and then erase all the text for the feat. In the "Replaces Thing Id" area type in the unique id(fArmLight). Give this new feat a new unique id like fArmL. Save and press Test Now!.

Now you have the feat name appear on your character sheet, but that is all that will print as you erased the other text. Do that for each feat you want to shorten.