PDA

View Full Version : Seeker of Secrets

Theocrat
June 4th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Hi all -
Back from Gamex 2010. Had a blast, but realized that there were several errors with my character. I'm going to attempt to figure that out. Another thread for that.
Back to SoS. I've entered most everything so far - now working on the Ioun Stones, after having found that the Cracked Dusty Rose gives a +1 Initiative, for a +11 bonus.
I'm able to copy the 'core' Ioun stone and modify the eval scripts. The Dusty Rose was easy enough. But the Amber Spindle is a tad more difficult.
The 'core' Amber Spindle grants a +1 bonus to all saves, while the cracked one only provides a +1 to the choice of one save. How do I make this happen? For now, I created three different types of the Cracked Amber Spindle. I have the AS Cracked (Fort), AS Cracked (Ref) and AS Cracked (Will).

For the Crimson Sphere - you only get the +2 bonus when you have two spheres. It seems other than the description, I keep the eval script the same.

But the Dark Blue provides the Alertness Feat. With the cracked version, it only provides a +1 to Perception and Sense Motive. Can I just remove the ~If we don't have the Alertness feat, add our bonuses ....? Or is it a rewrite? What about the Deep Red Cracked that provides a +1 to one Dex based skill?

Thanks for your help. I'll upload this as soon as the rest are done for review, and hopefully fixing if I've gotten something wrong.

Anybody working on Adventurer's Armory? Still need help with the Scizore (copied it with the Klar, but not working correctly).

Be Well. Be Well Entered.
Theocrat Issak

ShadowChemosh
June 5th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Anybody working on Adventurer's Armory? Still need help with the Scizore (copied it with the Klar, but not working correctly).

I have the weapons done, including the Scizore, from Adventurer's Armory all done and uploaded to d20pfsrd (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/hero-lab). I am working on the Armor section now(almost done) and after that plan to get to the Adventure Gear....

dragonladytoo
June 9th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I have the weapons done, including the Scizore, from Adventurer's Armory all done and uploaded to d20pfsrd (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/hero-lab). I am working on the Armor section now(almost done) and after that plan to get to the Adventure Gear....

Thank you for working on this. It will be great to see it done!

I tried what you have completed at this point, but I get a load error related to the wshield variable, and it causes a disable of all the USR loaded files, so am unable to test it.

I will try it again when you have some more updates completed.

Robyn

ShadowChemosh
June 9th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Ok all fixed. I have so many .user files that I sometimes bootstrap something that actually exists in another .user file. Which means it all works great if you have both .user files, but doesn't if you have just one. :)

So if you have the shield weapon .user file and the Adventurer's Armory everything was fine. So its fixed and I uploaded a new version that does not require having both .user files.

Theocrat
June 9th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I've now completed Seeker of Secrets with the cracked Ioun Stones. I'm unsure if its really worth putting in all the flawed stones, they don't seem to have much use.
Back to the Cracked Ioun Stones, I've entered them and attempted to get them to have all their benefits, but there are a few that don't. I've left Editor marks to let the user know if it's something that they'll have to add to their sheet on their own.
I'll set it up so that ShadowChemosh can put it on his site.

Theocrat Issak

Sketchpad
June 10th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Has anyone worked on the prestige classes from this as well?

Theocrat
June 10th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I did not do the Prestiage Classes - I am not that familiar with HL to be able to do all that programing. I will be more than happy to pass on the Seeker Of Secrets .user file to someone that would like to add them to it so that it more complete. Especially as that would better than having a SoS file that is just the PrC's and one that is the rest of the book. ShadowChemosh isn't set to upload the file to his site till after this weekend anyway, and uploading a newer version is always do-able.
I'd love to see someone enter in the PrC's and then maybe I'll take a look and attempt to understand it more.

Be Well.
Theocrat Issak

Bishop37
June 13th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Regarding the Adventurer's Armory - I noticed at least one error with the weapons in the HL.user file. On the sharpened combat scabbard, you cannot select metal special materials. I'm assuming you didn't toggle the right switch for that.

On the Seekers of Secrets .user file - Several of the items display the incorrect price due to commas in the datafile. (for example, Hero Lab reads "2,500" as "2").

The Pathfinder pouch doesn't negate the weight of its contents (which you can do with a gear script that you can cut and paste from the Bag of Holding).

On the Wayfinders, you technically don't have to equip them to use their powers and they don't need to show up in the Specials window. They probably should be set as containers, but making Ioun stones work while in them would probably require some redesign engine-side from the Lone Wolf end.

Thanks for the work adapting these book tho! I'm still getting a lot of use out of the data files :)

ShadowChemosh
June 13th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Regarding the Adventurer's Armory - I noticed at least one error with the weapons in the HL.user file. On the sharpened combat scabbard, you cannot select metal special materials. I'm assuming you didn't toggle the right switch for that.
Hopefully anything else you find is that easy to fix. :) Uploaded the fixed copy.

msnowman
June 13th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I just wanted to throw out a quick thanks to those of you that are adding content and sharing their .user files.

risner
June 26th, 2010, 10:11 AM
They don't seem to handle the Wayfinder?

Wayfinder isn't a container (I had to modify it to make it one) and when you put an ioun stone inside one you don't get the synergy benefit. This was a modification to the user file for PFCS.

What I did was make a magic item (cost 0 gp and weights 0 lb) that provides the benefit and added it to the item list.

Is there a better way?

Theocrat
June 26th, 2010, 05:15 PM
The Wayfinder is in SoS for HL, so I'm unsure of what the majority of your comment is regarding.
The wayfinder isn't really a container - the wayfinder + ioun stone is more of a specialized magical item. Unless you add a real ioun stone, you do not get the synergy. Because that would entail creating a new item for each ioun stone + wayfinder I did not create that.
Thus, if you have a standard ioun stone and insert it into a wayfinder - you'd create a custom wondrous item with the powers of the ioun stone and the wayfinder and whatever resonance you've determined.

Bishop37
June 26th, 2010, 06:13 PM
The other thing you can do is just add the resonance bonus (depending on the bonus) as a permanent adjustment on the adjustments tab and note the source.

risner
June 26th, 2010, 09:18 PM
The Wayfinder is in SoS for HL, so I'm unsure of what the majority of your comment is regarding.
The wayfinder isn't really a container - the wayfinder + ioun stone is more of a specialized magical item.

Yeah, I didn't make myself clear. Sorry.

I understood all that you said.

The wayfinder in SoS is identical (I didn't check but I'd bet it is) to the one in the PFCS book.

The wayfinder is a container, for all intents. It can contain an ioun stone, only an ioun stone, and only one ioun stone.

So I have modified it to be a container so I can properly see on the character sheet WHICH wayfinder (of the multiple I have) has which ioun stone inside.
If you feel this is unneeded or wrong, fine. I guess I was more suggesting this should be "fixed" but you feel there isn't anything wrong.

As for the synergy bonuses, I just created one for the ioun stones I had. You don't need to create new combos, you just (or I just) create the synergy bonuses as an item and price the item at 0 gp and 0 weight. Then buy the free item.

Theocrat
June 30th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Hi all -
Risner found some holes. I didn't realize that citing a cost of 6,000 was wrong - HL doesn't like the comma, and for the Wayfinder of Passage a 136,000GP item would be a steal at 136GP!
So fixed all those costs that had comma's in them. Also, per the language thread on Paizo's PFS forum, Grand Lodge Slang is more of flavor text and not an actual language (although it does state that it is as much in the SoS itself) I've removed it from PFS Play (via the not legal for PFS play mark).
Also, I've noted in the Deep Red Sphere cracked ioun stone that the eval script does not verify that you have actually provided yourself with a +1 bonus to a Dex based skill. This code was provided by Risner. Hopefully either that code works and can be used for other stones or I get further coding help.
I will upload this to http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/hero-lab later this afternoon. This will be Version 6.

Jimbo205
April 15th, 2019, 12:19 AM
I could not find Pathfinder Chronicles: Seeker of Secrets. A Guide to the Pathfinder Society.
To purchase and add to my Hero Lab.
I have a Gnome Sorcerer that I created in 2016.
This character had a 'Cracked Dusty Rose' Ioun Stone for 500 gp which granted a +1 Initiative Modifier.
Is there a way in Hero Lab that I can add this to my character?
Thank you in advance for your help with this.
Jimbo205

charlieluce
April 15th, 2019, 09:40 AM
Seekers of Secrets is in the Pathfinder RPG Campaign Setting #2 package.

Jimbo205
April 15th, 2019, 05:30 PM
Thank you.

Jimbo205
April 15th, 2019, 05:48 PM
Nope. Just another thing I purchased that does not have Cracked Dusty Rose Ioun Stone in it. Sigh...

charlieluce
April 15th, 2019, 06:51 PM
Did you check the Seekers of Secrets box under Configure Hero for the character? I swear that it's there in my copy.

numbat1
April 15th, 2019, 06:58 PM
Ioun stone (dusty rose prism, cracked) 500gp
Is this what you are looking for? It shows for me in HLC though did not come up in the search bar. It does credit as being from Seekers of Secrets.

Jimbo205
April 15th, 2019, 09:20 PM
What is HLC?

Jimbo205
April 15th, 2019, 09:27 PM
control+K = Configure Hero. YAHOO !! Thank you my friends. So much stuff I purchased that was hiding in this.... thank you.

Rone
April 16th, 2019, 10:57 AM
What is HLC?

HLC is an abbreviation for Hero Lab Classic.

HLO is an abbreviation of Hero Lab Online.

:)