PDA

View Full Version : Can't export to D20Pro

Thurgian
May 27th, 2010, 06:21 PM
I know there is another thread with this name, over in "General"; but it seems to be "Pathfinder" specific.

I am unable to export 4e to D20pro.

Colen
June 2nd, 2010, 04:49 PM
We currently only support d20pro output for Pathfinder and the d20 system. :( However, I just sent off a new version of the prototype 4e exporter to the d20pro guys for their evaluation! We are working on this right now - hopefully we can get it released soon. :)

Thurgian
June 2nd, 2010, 08:16 PM
Excellent.

While I do have DDI; and D20 does import those characters directly, many of the "house rules" have to be manually imput into d20pro. I have already tweaked my HL to properly reflect my players as they should be; and look forward to removing one extra step from game night.

Thanks

Colen
June 9th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Update on this - Wes from Mindgene and I are working on getting this released very soon, so it should be included in the next release of the 4e data files & d20pro.

Thurgian
June 16th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Update on this - Wes from Mindgene and I are working on getting this released very soon, so it should be included in the next release of the 4e data files & d20pro.

Whee, the export function is now available.

Now just waiting for the 2nd half of the solution.

SAbel
June 17th, 2010, 06:49 PM
I am interested in this but I am not going to purchase the D20 pro until this works, after that it will be a good solution I think for my extened group of freinds to be able to play together. I hope. I will check them out at Gen Con this year.

Thurgian
June 17th, 2010, 09:48 PM
I am interested in this but I am not going to purchase the D20 pro until this works, after that it will be a good solution I think for my extened group of freinds to be able to play together. I hope. I will check them out at Gen Con this year.

The D20 folks indicate that the functionality is ready for their next update.

/tapfoot

:)

Colen
June 18th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Yes, this functionality is included in d20pro 2.1.2, which is now out. I think d20pro has a demo mode, so you can give it a try yourself - I'm at a con with bad internet right now, so I can't play with it myself.

Thurgian
June 19th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Two comments:

Yes D20pro has a 30-day evaluation.

HL Export and D20pro import works very nicely. There is one minor hiccup, which the folks at D20pro will fix during their next update (Initiative needs to be manually set).

My sincere thanks to HL for working with D20pro on the export for 4e feature.

Colen
June 22nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
Awesome! Glad everything is working with the new exporter. :)