PDA

View Full Version : Monster Abilities Questions

Virtue
May 25th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I want a monster to be able to use a large weapon and no minuses how do i do that?

I want to be able to pick my spell like abilities when I make the monster the monster has 1 spell like ability that it can use each once a day from each level so they have 10 spell like abilities.

chiefweasel
May 26th, 2010, 11:19 AM
I think you would need to create a new monster and give it the requirements you want it to have. I dont think there is a way with the current monsters to do this with.

Mathias
May 26th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I presume the race who's allowed large weapons is medium - does the ability allow the race to use either Medium or Large weapons at no penalty? If so, add the Powerful Build (xPowBuild) racial special to the race.

The ability to have user-selected custom abilities for a race is something that exists (see the Eidolons), but I haven't had the chance to add to the editor, so that's coming soon.

Virtue
May 27th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Yeah i was creating My own race ChiefWeasel
Thanks Mathias

Another Question How do you edit the monster summonings so they are right for Demons and Devils?

Mathias
May 27th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Make a copy of a few Demons/Devils in the editor, and take a look at the "Racial Special Abilities" section. You'll see that they all bootstrap the "raSummon" ability, and they use the "Name" field there to override the name of the ability.

Virtue
May 27th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Thanks Ill check that out