PDA

View Full Version : Coding Question

Virtue
May 18th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Im Converting some WOC non OGL Creatures and I want to know how to do Beholders eye rays help me out

They are spell like abilities that are ranged touch attacks so I would love for there to be a rays listing under attacks also

ShadowChemosh
May 19th, 2010, 04:42 AM
I created a simple "Ranged Touch Attack" weapon that costs nothing and weighs nothing. I entered Fixed Damage as "As Spell". This way my players with casters could add this to their sheets and they would have an entry that calculated the attack bonus correctly. Plus one could even take Weapon Focus in "Ranged Touch Attack".

You should be able to do the same thing and just bootstrap the weapon to the race.

Virtue
May 19th, 2010, 07:25 AM
How do I create weapons the only thing i know are the monsters? is there a way to create this as a natural attack?

ShadowChemosh
May 19th, 2010, 07:31 AM
If you have been doing monsters then weapons are easy. Just click on the Weapons Tab in the editor and then click on "New(Blank)". No scripting required for this just a bunch of mouse clicks to set your settings.

Fixed Damage: "As Spell" - or what ever you want it to say
Cost(gp): Leave blank
Weight(lbs): Leave blank
Proficiency Required: Simple
Class: Light
Category: Projectile Weapon
"Always Proficient?" -> Checked
"Never Increase Strength Bonus?" -> Checked

Give it a unique Id, save, and Test Now and your done.... :)

How do I create weapons the only thing i know are the monsters? is there a way to create this as a natural attack?
If their is I don't know how to do it. The core natural weapons I don't think we have access to from the editor.

Mathias
May 19th, 2010, 12:07 PM
All the existing ranged touch attacks, like the lantern archon's have been left as specials. The weapon mechanics in the Pathfinder files aren't properly set up to do a good job with them, yet. I have some ideas about how I can take the specials and add them to the weapons listing, but it's going to be a while before I can get that entered.

Displaying the ranged touch modifier is coming soon, and ShadowChemosh, there's already a "Ray" selection in the weapons available for weapon focus. When I display the ranged touch attack, I'll be incorporating weapon focus, etc. applied to that ray weapon.

ShadowChemosh
May 19th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Displaying the ranged touch modifier is coming soon, and ShadowChemosh, there's already a "Ray" selection in the weapons available for weapon focus. When I display the ranged touch attack, I'll be incorporating weapon focus, etc. applied to that ray weapon.
Sounds great, but until then what I mention above works really well. Plus I can bootstrap it to Class Specials for classes that get ray like attacks and they then automatically get a Range Touch Attack listing on the character sheet with the correct modifiers. I also have one for Touch Attacks that works the same way.

So it will be sweet when its built into HL, but until then its very easy thing in the editor to add. :)

Virtue
May 19th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah i built it into today thanks