PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bug reports - version 3.1

Mathias
May 17th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I realized I forgot to put up a new bug reports thread after the last release.

There's no need to re-post any bugs that have been reported, but haven't been fixed yet - they are on my to-do list, I just haven't gotten the chance to work on them yet.

Mathias
May 20th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Bump - people are still putting bugs in the older bug report threads because they're ending up higher in the thread list.

Glyph
May 20th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I think there may be a bug with power attack and light weapons - it seems to give the same bonus damage as for medium weapons, so I get the same damage regardless if it's a dagger or longsword.

Also although I get the reduced to hit and bonus damage with unarmed, guantlet damage is not modified even though the to hit is reduced.

Glyph
May 20th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Me again - power attack also gives the same bonus damage to the ranged element of thrown weapons, so a dagger does the same in melee or ranged attacks...

ShadowChemosh
May 22nd, 2010, 09:10 AM
The Klar armor thing(thingid.mPFKlar) is set to give no armor bonus(+0) and an Arcane Spell Failure Chance of 1% instead of +1AC & 5%.

Also when I made a copy of this item and changed the above I got an error regarding this line from the script. I changed nothing in the actual script before I hit Test Now.

~ If we're not valid, show a problem on the Armor tab
if (@valid = 0) then
hero.panelvalid[armor] = 0
endif

The error said that that their is no such thing "armor". Which is strange as the core HL one seems to work just fine including making the armor tab red when both Klar's are equipped.

Mathias
May 24th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I think there may be a bug with power attack and light weapons - it seems to give the same bonus damage as for medium weapons, so I get the same damage regardless if it's a dagger or longsword.

Please re-read the power attack feat. The feat makes no distinction between light and one-handed weapons.

Also although I get the reduced to hit and bonus damage with unarmed, guantlet damage is not modified even though the to hit is reduced.

Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

Me again - power attack also gives the same bonus damage to the ranged element of thrown weapons, so a dagger does the same in melee or ranged attacks...

You shouldn't have the Power Attack option active at all times. Turn it off if you're making ranged attacks.

Mathias
May 24th, 2010, 11:07 AM
The Klar armor thing(thingid.mPFKlar) is set to give no armor bonus(+0) and an Arcane Spell Failure Chance of 1% instead of +1AC & 5%.

Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

Also when I made a copy of this item and changed the above I got an error regarding this line from the script. I changed nothing in the actual script before I hit Test Now.

~ If we're not valid, show a problem on the Armor tab
if (@valid = 0) then
hero.panelvalid[armor] = 0
endif

The error said that that their is no such thing "armor". Which is strange as the core HL one seems to work just fine including making the armor tab red when both Klar's are equipped.

I'm going to have to forward this one to Rob and Colen. There may be a problem in Test Now!. There is a workaround for this, though. As long as you don't use "Test Now!" on this piece of armor, there's no error. Once you get the armor modified, switch back to the main Hero Lab window and choose "Quick-Reload Data Files" from the develop menu (ctrl-r is the keyboard shortcut). That will put your new item into HL without triggering the error.

baez
May 26th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I have a 3rd level monk with weapon finesse which I believe should affect his flurry of blows. But my to hit numbers in Hero Lab 3.6a seem to still add his STR bonus instead of his DEX bonus.

Flurry of Blows to hit for 3rd level monk with DEX of 17 and Weapon Finesse:
Hero Lab prints +4/+4
but...
Monk level = 3, DEX bonus = 3, Flurry bonus = +1/+1, -2/-2 for two weapons:
3+3+1-2 = +5/+5 .... right?

Thanks!

-joe

baez
May 26th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Me again, I think I found another Monk problem in v3.6a, but this one appears to be just cosmetic:

When I print the PDF for my 3rd level monk, it says his CMB is calculated as such:

BAB = +2, STR = +2, Size = -1. Which would be +3 total. But it prints +4 as being my CMB, which is correct, because a 3rd level monk's BAB is actually +3 because of his Maneuver Training special ability gained at 3rd level.

Thanks,

-joe

TopCat
May 26th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Here's an issue I posted a couple of weeks ago but I haven't seen a reply to and doesn't seem to have been addressed in the new update:

When a wizard is preparing his spells, there's no "custom/metamagic spell" entry in the list to enable him to prepare metamagiced versions of his spells. Clerics and Druids do get this entry in their lists. Is there another way for a wizard to prepare a metamagiced spell or is this functionality missing/broken for them?

Mathias
May 26th, 2010, 12:30 PM
I have a 3rd level monk with weapon finesse which I believe should affect his flurry of blows. But my to hit numbers in Hero Lab 3.6a seem to still add his STR bonus instead of his DEX bonus.

Flurry of Blows to hit for 3rd level monk with DEX of 17 and Weapon Finesse:
Hero Lab prints +4/+4
but...
Monk level = 3, DEX bonus = 3, Flurry bonus = +1/+1, -2/-2 for two weapons:
3+3+1-2 = +5/+5 .... right?

Thanks!

-joe

The flurry of blows can be used with many weapons, not just unarmed strike, and not all of those are finesse weapons, so weapon finesse is not not included in the flurry of blows calculations.

Mathias
May 26th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Me again, I think I found another Monk problem in v3.6a, but this one appears to be just cosmetic:

When I print the PDF for my 3rd level monk, it says his CMB is calculated as such:

BAB = +2, STR = +2, Size = -1. Which would be +3 total. But it prints +4 as being my CMB, which is correct, because a 3rd level monk's BAB is actually +3 because of his Maneuver Training special ability gained at 3rd level.

Thanks,

-joe

This was previously reported, and I haven't gotten to it because it's complex, and the results are just cosmetic. Sorry about that.

Mathias
May 26th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Here's an issue I posted a couple of weeks ago but I haven't seen a reply to and doesn't seem to have been addressed in the new update:

When a wizard is preparing his spells, there's no "custom/metamagic spell" entry in the list to enable him to prepare metamagiced versions of his spells. Clerics and Druids do get this entry in their lists. Is there another way for a wizard to prepare a metamagiced spell or is this functionality missing/broken for them?

I apologize for missing the original report of this. It'll be fixed in the next update. Thanks for the report.

Gryndehl
May 27th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I was building an arcane bloodline sorcerer with a familiar and it does not appear to be computing intelligence correctly for the familier. It seems to be simply adding 5 + caster level. It should instead be (11 + caster level ) / 2 (round down).

I was trying to buy 10 sheets of parchment (2gp @2sp each) and it kept telling me I did not have enough silver even though I had plenty of gold (and platinum). It really should be able to make change as necessary. And when I am done, there should be a button I can press that will automatically reduce my wealth to minimum coinage (number of coins, not value).

When buying armor, if it is something that can be barding, there should be a barding checkbox to make that type of barding. Fortunately I was able to use custom armor to fake it but I shouldn't have too.

Speaking of barding, it should be possible to have a common shared money pool. When I bought the barding, I had to buy it on my main hero then transfer it over.

Mathias
May 27th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I was building an arcane bloodline sorcerer with a familiar and it does not appear to be computing intelligence correctly for the familier. It seems to be simply adding 5 + caster level. It should instead be (11 + caster level ) / 2 (round down).

If you decrease the INT until it won't go down any further, you'll be at the correct value - it's not properly changing the default value of the INT, but the minimum is still correct. Fixing the default value is on my to-do list.

I was trying to buy 10 sheets of parchment (2gp @2sp each) and it kept telling me I did not have enough silver even though I had plenty of gold (and platinum). It really should be able to make change as necessary. And when I am done, there should be a button I can press that will automatically reduce my wealth to minimum coinage (number of coins, not value).

I'm afraid I can't duplicate this. I went to the gear tab, selected Parchment from the list, and changed the number to purchase to 10. The total cost was recalculated as I went, so once I reached 10, the calculated cost was 2gp. Once I changed the number to purchase, pressing the "Set" button next to the Cost (Total) filled in the "Pay" fields. On a character who has 15pp, 150gp or 1500sp, the set button makes change correctly, always removing as many small coins as possible.

When buying armor, if it is something that can be barding, there should be a barding checkbox to make that type of barding. Fortunately I was able to use custom armor to fake it but I shouldn't have too.

Speaking of barding, it should be possible to have a common shared money pool. When I bought the barding, I had to buy it on my main hero then transfer it over.

On the main character, remove some money (either on the journal tab or the configure hero form), and add the same to the minion (on the configure hero form). Now, on the minion, purchase armor normally. The cost/weight changes for different sizes/non-humanoid shapes will be calculated for you (all armors can be made into barding). Now transfer the change back to the main character. A shared money pool is something I want to add, but that's the workaround until that's been added.

blzbob
May 27th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Something I have noticed is that when someone buys arrows it calculates the weight correctly but when we reduce the number of arrows, the weight does not drop. This has caused one of our characters to have medium encumbrance when he should not.

Mathias
May 27th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Something I have noticed is that when someone buys arrows it calculates the weight correctly but when we reduce the number of arrows, the weight does not drop. This has caused one of our characters to have medium encumbrance when he should not.

On the arrows, press the delete button, and set the number of them that you want to delete in order to remove the arrows you've used up from your character.

Mathias
May 27th, 2010, 11:14 PM
(The bug reports thread for the current version is stickied at the top of the page, this is not intended to be the active bug reports thread)