PDA

View Full Version : Adding new race

blzbob
May 16th, 2010, 06:48 AM
I'm trying to add the Half-Ogre from The Tome of Secrets and I can't figure out how to add in the +2 racial bonus to Intimidate. I'm sure that it's something easy to do but I can't seem to figure it out.

ShadowChemosh
May 16th, 2010, 05:23 PM
You need to add the following script to Eval Scripts on the race.

~Pre-Attributes 5,000
#skillbonus[skIntim] += 2

blzbob
May 17th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks. Can you explain what the first line means? It worked but I want to know so I can add my own stuff without having to bother everyone on simple things.

ShadowChemosh
May 17th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks. Can you explain what the first line means? It worked but I want to know so I can add my own stuff without having to bother everyone on simple things.
Any line in a script that starts with ~ is a comment. This means the compiler ignores this line. In this case I was using it tell you what the timing of the script is suppose to be.

The eval script should be set to a timing of "Pre-Attributes" at 5000. This is set above where you pasted in the script in the Eval Script window.

Mathias
May 17th, 2010, 10:40 AM
ShadowChemosh, please re-read Tutorial 8 - the skills on a race have been moved back to Pre-Levels/4000 (they used to be Pre-Levels/5000 before the Bestiary update, but a timing error was found).

blzbob, in the editor, select the help menu and you'll get the editor manual. You should read through the tutorials there. The skills section of Tutorial 8 is where the innate skill ranks and skill bonuses for races are explained.

blzbob
May 17th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Thank you both. I was trying to follow the tutorial but I think I was using the wrong one and just couldn't figure it out. It's kinda confusing at first.