PDA

View Full Version : Age-Based Ability Modifiers

RickSummon
May 7th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Does Hero Lab have a setting that automatically adjusts ability scores for age, so that you could just set it to "Old Age" and add -3 to physical scores and +2 to mental scores? I can just use the permanent adjustments menu to do this, but is age specifically built in?

Mathias
May 14th, 2010, 09:10 AM
No, I'm afraid age hasn't been added to the Pathfinder files. With so few races actually listing their age ranges, and the problem of recording physical age vs. mental age (since magic can alter the character's age), it hasn't been something that's been worth the time to add.

I think the adjustments are probably the best way to handle this for now, although I'll put specific age adjustments (all the ability score changes in one adjustment) on my to-do list, so that it's faster to apply the age modifiers.

Unikatze
December 3rd, 2017, 03:48 AM
Necro-bump since I have the same question, this post was from 2010 and wondering if there's a way to do it now.

Mathias
December 3rd, 2017, 09:42 AM
Yes, use the "Age Effects" adjustment in the "-Attributes-" section of the Other Adjustments table on the Adjust tab.