PDA

View Full Version : item creation feats summary text pathfinder

skrahen
May 5th, 2010, 06:44 PM
The item creation feats summary text references xp costs for the items created. fcraftwond fcraftstf fcraftmgc etc..
the description text has been corrected but the summary text has not. i didnt notice until i printed out a character sheet. is there a way to adjust the text with the herolab editor? i have not been able to find a way to save over the built in feats.

also, many of the magic items still have xp costs listed in there creation requirements description. i.e. tome of clear thought, all the manuals.
several of the spells still have xp costs listed in their components as well.
any help or advice will be appreciated.
thank you in advance.

ShadowChemosh
May 6th, 2010, 06:27 AM
In the editor go to the Feat tab and click on "New(Copy)" then click on say the Craft Wondrous Item(thingid.fCraftWond) to make a new copy of it. Change your Summary text and give it a new Unique Id.

Then on the right side look for "Replaces Thing Id" and enter "fCraftWond". Save and press Test Now! to compile. Now HL will use your new version of Craft Wondrous where ever the old Craft Wondrous would have been used. This also means only your new version will show up when selecting feats.

While a little hard to find the first time the ability to replace our custom code in this way is VERY powerful. As none of the other scripts even need to change as anything referencing "fCraftWond" will now reference your new feat instead.

Hope that helps.

skrahen
May 6th, 2010, 10:14 AM
The solution you provided worked like a charm. thank you again.
~S

Mathias
May 14th, 2010, 09:04 AM
One of the projects on my to-do list is a full check on the magic items, making sure that all the description text has been updated from the SRD versions to the Pathfinder versions.

I've cleaned up the summary text for the feats for the next update.