PDA

View Full Version : weapon order on character Sheet - feature request

Basilforth
May 4th, 2010, 06:21 PM
I am enjoying HL as always! Just finished leveling up a friend from level 2 Paladin to Level 3 Paladin. Can't tell you how nice it is to be able to point and click and show choices and options without have to page through the entire Core book.

I was looking at the finished character sheet for a character I was modifying. I noticed that Gauntlet (Armor) appears on the list before other weapons that are more likely to be used, in fact, it's place on the sheet forces the other weapons to the reverse of the sheet, making it slightly less convenient to reference.

Is there a way to change the order in which the weapons appear?

Interestingly, I just wondered if the listing might be alphabetical. So I attempted to right click on the weapon name in the Weapons tab. There is a grayed-out selection for editing of the weapons name. What do I need to do to activate that option?

Theocrat
May 25th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I too would like to see this - I've managed to remove unarmed attacks, but I've never seen the gauntlets attack prior to HL from wearing armor. It may be in the rules but after playing for 30years I've never really considered it. Its handy to have but less important than my shortsword or warhammer.

Mathias
May 26th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I think re-ordering the weapon display should be possible. I'll look into it.

The option to use user-renaming is not something a user can access - it has to be set when defining how the basic mechanics of a set of things work. I need to take a good look at the Pathfinder files and figure out which components should and shouldn't have that option, but I'll probably add it to most of the equipment/magic items.

BenT1
May 26th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Also, on the Character Sheet output to paper (not all of us have laptops)

It needs to list your Concentration Roll.

When it prints out feats and special abilities, it needs to list at least the one line summery of the ability also. Or at least any values associated with it, such as Weapon Training (Axes) +2, Weapon Training (Bows) +1 for a Fighter. That way if a player is using paper, and picks up a new weapon within one of the listed groups, he knows the bonus without having to took it up.

As for the Weapon order, you could just put a count field on each weapon (or dual weapon group) that the user could enter, with 1 printing first, 2 second, etc.

Basilforth
July 3rd, 2010, 01:19 PM
Hmmm, it appears that if you edit the weapon name that you can influence the order in which items appear now. Still have to play with it abit.