PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this is the correct place, herolabs 3,75 question

Archmage
May 4th, 2010, 12:04 AM
I was wondering, as im using the hero labs editor tool, is there a way to not show the normal races for pathfinder in hero labs? I have a 100% custom world (originallyADND that have been update over the years for new systems except 4.0) and I don`t really need pathfinder to show me the "normal" races as the custom human,elf etc overwrite em in my games anyways. I`ve cloned my "pathfinder system" so it shows up separate from the original pathfinder (which im a player in in my friends games). Is there any way to edit that clone so that it only shows my version, and not the original aswell? Just look messy when it says "human" "Human "gameworld" when "human" ain`t going to be used anyways.

Hope for a helpful reply (though i think i might be disappointed, as i dont believe you have that option, if so can it be added?)

- Thanks

Archmage
May 4th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Found some files in the D20 folder that seem to be the source on what to display, but i didn`t see any duplicate folders within my custom world forlder, does this mean that i can only replace the original races for my custom world, by overwriting the entire hero labs original files? :S

ShadowChemosh
May 4th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Their is a very nice feature in the editor that lets you Replace one Thing with another. So instead of having two human races you can say anywhere that references human(thingid.rHuman) should instead reference your new custom human race.

In the editor under Race select your custom human and then on the right side look for a text boxed called "Replaces Thing Id". Type in rHuman and recompile(ie Test Now!). You should then only see your custom human race now. Plus this also means that traits or feats or other scripts that reference Thingid.rHuman will also now reference your new custom race instead.

Another feature in the editor is to click on the *Hidden tab and from their you can add new Thing Ids that are to be hidden or no longer shown. You could also just do that for Thingid.rHuman instead if you don't want any of the built in scripts referencing your custom race.

Hope that helps.

Archmage
May 4th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Thank you :), this is exactly what I was looking for!.

I really appreciate it, i really do :)

Thanks again!