PDA

View Full Version : pre-defined fields

dchoey
May 2nd, 2010, 08:13 PM
I am trying to access the description field of thing in a label script for a character sheet. Using field[summary].text will give the description if the thing doesn't have a summary field but I wish to output summary field in one location and the full description on another sheet. I have tried field[description].text but that gives a compile error.

Any help would be appreciated.

rob
May 2nd, 2010, 10:00 PM
All unique ids are limited to 10 characters and "description" is 11 characters in length, so it won't work. For the description, you need to use "field[descript]" instead. You'll find this documented in the wiki if you want more details about the ids used for various other aspects of the data.

dchoey
May 2nd, 2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the information Rob. Where in the wiki is the list? I have been searching it for the past two days looking for the information.

rob
May 3rd, 2010, 01:23 AM
Hmmm. Well it appears that the info isn't in the wiki where I thought it was. Crap. Sorry about that. We need to get that added.

dchoey
May 3rd, 2010, 02:07 AM
An update to the Wiki would be good. It appears that there hasn't been an update for 6 months. Thanks again for the help Rob.