PDA

View Full Version : Feature Reminder - Stock Portfolios

Mathias
May 1st, 2010, 01:39 PM
Since the Bestiary makes heavy use of them, I thought I'd remind everyone of the stock portfolios that are available in Hero Lab (or introduce you to the feature).

(These instructions apply to all of the games in Hero Lab)

In the main Hero Lab window or the Tactical Console, select the portfolio menu from the menu bar at the top. Choose "Import Stock Hero" from this list, and you'll be presented with a list of all the stock portfolios that are available. Select the portfolio you're interested in, and you'll be presented with a list of all the characters within that portfolio. You can then choose which characters you'd like to add, and how many of each.

(Pathfinder Specific) So, if your PCs encounter 6 goblins, look up the "Miscellaneous Monsters (E-H)" stock portfolio, find the Goblin in that list, set the counter next to the goblins to 6, press OK, and confirm your selection. You've now added 6 goblins, equipped as listed in the Bestiary to the portfolio that already had your PCs in it, so go to the Tactical Console and have it roll initiative.

(Every system) To add a new stock portfolio to the list of portfolios available, create all the characters you want to go into it in the same portfolio, and then instead of saving it in the HeroLab/portfolios/pathfinder folder, with a .por extension (which is how you'd normally save Pathfinder characters), save it in the HeroLab/data/pathfinder folder, with a .stock extension. (the specific folder within the portfolios or data folders will vary from game system to game system).

If you want to alter the contents of one of the stock portfolios that come with Hero Lab, I recommend saving it with a different name - the stock portfolios we've added are overwritten with each update.

Basilforth
May 4th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Thank you! Tremendous feature! I remember longing for this when I first purchased HL. How does the Bestiary expand on this information?

Mathias
May 4th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Before the Bestiary, there were about 2 dozen creatures in the stock portfolios, now there's one for every race in the Bestiary.

Frodie
May 5th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Very cool, thanks

Leonal
May 5th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Thanks !

I just learned that you can have more than one PC/NPC in one portfolio! (Never occured to me that a character portfolio would act like one^^)