PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Magic Item Compendium Project

Lawful_g
April 30th, 2010, 07:46 PM
So I am thinking of doing the whole Magic Item Compendium, but it is a lot of work for one man. I'd like to recruit some helpful collaborators. Anyone interested?

chiefweasel
May 1st, 2010, 09:35 PM
I already have some of this done, maybe 10%. I think its up on the cheeseweasel.net site already. If not let me know and i'll get the files to you.

Lawful_g
May 2nd, 2010, 12:43 AM
I do have the files on your site, those are from August of last year, do you have more updated ones?

chiefweasel
May 2nd, 2010, 11:38 AM
Sadly that is it. I've just gotten too busy to do much with HL in the past few months.

Lawful_g
May 2nd, 2010, 11:53 AM
K. I shall drive on then.

Lawful_g
May 5th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Clothing B-D done.

Lawful_g
May 6th, 2010, 10:59 AM
E-F Done, working on G

Lawful_g
May 6th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Done with A, G and H, now prepping the next couple letters.

Lawful_g
May 8th, 2010, 04:43 AM
I, J, K, L Done.

Lawful_g
May 8th, 2010, 05:09 AM
I'm on a Roll!

ShadowChemosh
May 8th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Dude you are smoking! :eek::eek::eek::D

Lawful_g
May 10th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Done with all Clothing, except for a few questions about Item slot exceptions. I think I will move on to tools next.

Theocrat
May 10th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Can this data set be utilized in the pathfinder license? With the backwards compatibility nature of Pathfinder its my hope to be able to have a PF/OGL setup for home games.

Lawful_g
May 10th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Nope.

chiefweasel
May 11th, 2010, 09:27 AM
You can use the items in PF, but you would need to re-enter in all the information into HL to make it usable. The 3.5 and PF files are different because they use different features, so you cant just pull a .user file from 3.5 and drop it into the PF folder. That being said, I would love to see someone create a tranfer program so that at least items in 3.5 can be instanly converted over to Pf formats. Just 1 of the many items on my wish list.

Mindcloud
May 17th, 2010, 07:50 AM
You can use the items in PF, but you would need to re-enter in all the information into HL to make it usable. The 3.5 and PF files are different because they use different features, so you cant just pull a .user file from 3.5 and drop it into the PF folder. That being said, I would love to see someone create a tranfer program so that at least items in 3.5 can be instanly converted over to Pf formats. Just 1 of the many items on my wish list.

I have actually been toying with the Idea of writing a converter for HL. I even have some of the base functions created. I was looking at a automated conversion from the community RPGexplorer data sets to HL as they are both XML based as well as d20 to PFRPG and vice-versa conversion.

Lawful_g
May 17th, 2010, 04:36 PM
That would be very cool, if you could get that done. My own experience in coding is limited to only HL's editor, or I would offer my help.

Lawful_g
May 17th, 2010, 06:17 PM
So finally got all the prep work done. Working on Tools A-D at the moment.

Lawful_g
May 18th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Done with Tools A-L, about 1/3 of all the tools.

Lawful_g
May 18th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Currently up to R, although I skipped part of P (the Psychoactive Skins, which will be entered as part of S)... so about 80% done with Tools I would say.

Lawful_g
May 19th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Decided to not add the Psychoactive Skins as S, but as P...

Now done with Tools, except for a few questions in the other forum.

SushiDave
May 20th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Has anyone done anything extra with Player classes & pretiege classes? Specifically, the PHB2? I am thinking about things like Dragon Shaman &c. I have tried... & failed to work with the editor. I have had a little success, but there is so much to it, that I am afraid I keep missing things. If there are extra data files out there that users have created for the 3.5 system, I would love to access them.

Also, is there any way to set up a character builder set for old school 1st edition? There are still a core group of die hards out there that would love a character manager for it!

Lawful_g
May 20th, 2010, 04:09 PM
I've done several things from PHB2, Knight, Duskblade and Beguiler, but not Dragon Shaman, all the spells and the feats, but there are no prestige classes I know of there. I have done Prestige classes from other books though.

For 1st edition you'd need to use the Authoring Kit. Something I know little of.

Lawful_g
May 21st, 2010, 12:33 AM
Though that would be neat. I started my gaming days in AD&D 2nd edition, but I had a friend who ran a 1st edition game. All my youngin players don't know THAC0 from Adam.

Lawful_g
May 27th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I've run out of steam on this project for now, I'll set it on the back burner. I've done all of Clothing and all of Tools, although I still have a few questions pending for Mathias in the d20 forum.

Lord Garron
October 12th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Hi, just hoping some progress has been made on this. Given the complexity of creating them all as functional items I'm really looking for a way to just import them as items at all. As a DM I really only need the Name, Description, Cost, and Slot - and even Slot isn't really necessary if that makes the task more difficult.

Essentially I'd like to port them from the 3.5 version to the Pathfinder database, preserving names descriptions and cost so they become searchable and can be added to the npc so they'll be printed to the PDF stat sheet I'll use to run the encounter. Leafing through the book/pdf before creating every encounter is just too time consuming when I might just be looking for any item that adds some thematic twist.

Anything available recently?