PDA

View Full Version : UA - Honor

Frodie
April 28th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Is there any way to get the UA - Honor score to appear? I am re-working my Immortal (Highlander) rules for Pathfinder, but I want to do in a way that I use HL with some ease.
Thanks

Mathias
April 28th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Will the "Counter" option in the list of adjustments be sufficient - it's just something that can be used to record a value. If that's not sufficient, could you explain what you want to accomplish with it? (with enough detail that I don't have to dig through my stacks looking for UA).

Frodie
April 28th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Yea that looks like it will work, now is there a way to get it to print on Character Sheet?

Mathias
April 29th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Getting a summary of the adjustments onto the character sheet is on my to-do list.

Frodie
June 10th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Honor: Honor is a new score, http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/campaigns/honor.htm for more info). A player’s Honor score represents how well an Immortal can follow the rules of the “Game”. You apply an Immortal’s Honor modifier to various skills, feats and powers.

Players begins with an Honor Score between 0 – 25 based on his alignment.

The Immortal's Honor score is only adjusted on how he acts by the rules of “The Game”. The Immortal is free to act anyway he wishes outside of the game without an effect on his Honor score. A DM’s review of the Immortal’s Honor score can be at anytime it seems necessary; but a good rule of thumb is to check it after the end of an adventure or story line.
Remember that is harder to gain honor than too loss honor. Honor is a set of rules that an Immortal plays and/or dies by.

A player’s Honor score can be increased or decreased based on the DM’s judgment on how well the Immortal abides the rules of the Game. This based on the DM judgment, but some violations of the “Game” have some set loses.

Some examples are as follows:

Exposing the Game to mortals, is a lose of 1 point of Honor.

Teaming up against another Immortal (i.e. two on one) is a lose of ¼ of the Honor score.

Attacking on Holy Ground is a lose of ¾ of the Honor score by the attacking Immortal, and ½ of the Honor score of the defending Immortal.

These are but a few examples to be used as guide lines, the final judgment is up to the DM.

Frodie
June 10th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Ok, I am trying to get the "Counter" option to work, but no go. I copied it and changed the name to Honor Score. Well it shows up, but can not adjust it. I gave it a range from everything from -50 to 50. It just will not count. I know I am missing something. Please help! Thanks

Mathias
June 11th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Could you be more specific about how you altered the counter? What do you mean by "will not count"?

Frodie
June 11th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks for your help. Well, all I did was copy and rename the counter to Honor. I can pull it up in the Adjust Tab under: temp and perm, and it shows up in the In Play tab under tracked resources, but it will not accept any numbers and/or count up or down. There are more effects I could like to attach to the score, but at the moment, just getting it to show up and move up and down will be fine.

Mathias
June 11th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Do you mean moving up and down by the user or moving up and down from external things or scripts on the adjustment? A user field, like the pAdjust field on adjustments, can't be altered by scripts without special instructions.

Frodie
June 11th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Both would be great, but I was just trying for the user to add in the In Play. I just looking for a Score number that can be adjusted.

Mathias
June 11th, 2010, 11:28 AM
What's keeping the user from altering the adjustment after it's been added? If you've simply copied and renamed the existing adjustment, I don't understand what's preventing that.

Frodie
June 11th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Yep,IDK. I even deleted the file and started again. Same thing. Also tried to give a value to go through, (0 - 50). Nothing. Kind of wierd. Well the counter works fine, lol. Just for some reason can't copy and rename it.

Frodie
June 11th, 2010, 01:36 PM
In the In Play tab the numbers are a Big 0 and a little 0. So I guess it has nothing assigned to it. How do I do that. When I go into the Adjust tab and under the perm adj and give it points, it will not add them. It must be looking for something somewhere.

Mathias
June 11th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Sorry, I'm not understanding why you're mentioning the In-Play tab. The Counter adjustment shows up on the Adjust tab, and woudn't show up on the In-Play tab.

If you're seeing a large and small 0/0, that means you've created a tracker - that means you haven't just copied the Counter adjustment.

Frodie
June 14th, 2010, 05:41 AM
I did but then I bootstapped it to a race power and I think that is where it is coming from. Is there a better way to do this?

Frodie
June 14th, 2010, 11:36 AM
I think I have it worked out. Thank you!

Frodie
June 15th, 2010, 10:51 AM
I made Honor as a Trait. Can I tie this in with the character's alignment? And if, so can apply the different adjustments for the different Alignments?

Frodie
January 31st, 2011, 12:31 PM
Is it possable to get alignment to adjust a tracker? This is my script:

var sp as number
sp = hero.child[aLawGood].field[aFinalVal].value + 15
sp = round(sp, 0, -1)

~ Add to our total charges.
field[trkMax].value += sp