PDA

View Full Version : New Powers for New Arcane Backgrounds

Tashtego
April 26th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I've added a new arcane background, but when I want to add either the 'New Power' or 'More Power Points' edges, these come up in red and won't validate, despite allowing me to select the power from the list. Any ideas on how to fix this?

rob
May 20th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Sorry for overlooking this post for so long. I've been running ragged on this end and completely messed up.

The issue here is likely the unique id you assigned to the edge. There is validation test on the "New Power" and "Power Points" edges that verifies a suitable arcane background edge exists on the character. The test assumes that the edge has a unique id the utilizes the same format as the core arcane background edges. The id must start with "edgarc", with the last 4 characters being whatever you want. If you change the unique id of your edge, the validation error should go away.

Takeda
October 2nd, 2012, 11:01 AM
Okay but I've tried everything I think I'm stuck with the bootstrap:

hero#Arcane.Psionics ... an example.. How do I create my own (Psionics, Miracles, etc?)

I'm trying to make up a power that is essentially Chi but as I envision it and I've been stuck not being able to integrate the Skill for it ... like Faith for Miracles and such.

CapedCrusader
October 5th, 2012, 05:53 PM
If you haven't read it, check out the new documentation for building Arcane Backgrounds. It goes though it fairly thoroughly. If your still stuck, PM me and we'll get it dealt with.

Takeda
October 8th, 2012, 09:50 PM
If you haven't read it, check out the new documentation for building Arcane Backgrounds. It goes though it fairly thoroughly. If your still stuck, PM me and we'll get it dealt with.

Okay I'll wade through it and see what I get.

Takeda
October 8th, 2012, 09:58 PM

Oooooh'Kay! Where the hell am I supposed to find it? I've spent about 10-minutes navigating around trying to find it but it's all about the product and not the documentation!? Man there are some counterintuitive aspects to this site that plain make me crazy!

CapedCrusader
October 24th, 2012, 07:11 PM
It's in the Help Menu, click on Savage Worlds Manual. In the Contents menu, click on #14 - Adding Custom Content. Then click the link for more information on using the Editor with Savage Worlds. There's a whole list of tutorials on adding Custom Content. I hope it helps, let me know if you have any questions.