PDA

View Full Version : Sharing of Pathfinder .user Files...

ShadowChemosh
April 21st, 2010, 01:58 AM
So as mentioned in the other thread I finally got a new page setup over at d20pfsrd site and have uploaded all my .user files currently to that page. It can be found HERE (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/hero-lab). Just as an FYI .user files are the custom created data sets done by the HL editor. I have several of the Pathfinder Companion books all done and available at this new page.

Want to say thanks to John, from d20pfsrd, for allowing us to have a space to store these files over on his site and anyone that becomes a contributor over their will have access to upload files or make changes to this page. Its VERY easy to do as its just a few mouse clicks actually.

I know I have seen posts from others doing the same type of books around here and I hope others share their pathfinder work as it will help us all out. If people would rather just email me the files to post instead of joining d20pfsrd that's cool as it is just a few mouse clicks to do. Just email me at shadowchemosh(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Thanks

Frodie
April 21st, 2010, 05:48 AM
Very cool stuff, thank you!

Virtue
April 21st, 2010, 07:04 AM
Im so dumb with this program

Its great you made these but I have no idea how to make them stay I get on editor and load it up and see the stuff but have no idea how to make it part of my Herolab

But with all these companion files maybe the guys here at hero lab will just add them to the full download

jreyst
April 21st, 2010, 07:16 AM
Hey everyone - I'm John Reyst mentioned above. I'm glad to host this content on d20pfsrd.com and if anyone else would like to help out on the site in any way we're always looking for more help. This is more of a community site than a "my" site and it can only get better by more people contributing to it. We've got great stuff so far, and this Hero Lab stuff is part of it. Thanks Tim for thinking of the site when looking for a place to store the files.

Back to work! :cool:

Sketchpad
April 21st, 2010, 09:37 AM
Awesome resource :) SC, do you take requests? ;)

chiefweasel
April 21st, 2010, 10:37 AM
Hey there, actually there already is arepository of user created files at www.cheeseweasel.net. A few folks have already contributed to it and everyone is welcome too. Thanks.

ShadowChemosh
April 21st, 2010, 03:10 PM
Hey there, actually there already is a repository of user created files at www.cheeseweasel.net. A few folks have already contributed to it and everyone is welcome too. Thanks.
Hey chiefweasel that it is a great resource you have done and I have pointed others to it even, but of the 3 emails I sent you with things to add only one got added. I assumed that you where too busy or Pathfinder was not as a big over of the 3.5 files which their are a lot more of.

So I guess I got impatient and started this page and I thought it was nice that anyone could join and edit the page. Its never left to just one person this way. I am not trying to step on your toes or take away from the GREAT resource you have done.

Thats all....

Thanks

ShadowChemosh
April 21st, 2010, 08:27 PM
Its great you made these but I have no idea how to make them stay I get on editor and load it up and see the stuff but have no idea how to make it part of my Herolab
Hmm. It sounds like you are starting the editor, but you don't have to if you just want to use these things when making a character. Just add the .user file to your herolab/data/pathfinder folder and start HL like normal. Then on the first window click on the Source you would like to use.

So in example if you are adding the Elves .user file download it to the herolab/data/pathfinder folder while HL is NOT running. Then start HL and in the Configure Your Hero window on the right side under Sources click on "Race Book: Elves of Golarion" and press OK then press OK and the feats, traits, and items from that book will now be available to you when creating a character.

That is all that is required to use these .user files. Unless you want to make changes you do not have to open up the editor at all.

Hope that helps.

chiefweasel
April 22nd, 2010, 04:55 AM
Actually I have sent back email to a few folks asking for some clarification but I havent received the information i need to post the files. I beleive you were one of them.

If you have sent a file and its not posted yet, please le tme know. I will also let you know if I need more information. A guideline was provide way back when we started to assemble these files but only lawful_g has followd them. The guildelines were to ensure that all the information provided was correct and so that we didnt have to send emails back and forth and delay the postings. But as we can see things get delayed.

What would be helpful now is if someone could start to combine the files from the same books. My hope was to eventually just have 1 file that contained all the information for a single book, like the Complete Champion.

chiefweasel
April 22nd, 2010, 05:00 AM
Also having mirror sites isnt a bad idea. We might want to try and coordinate the 2 locations to ensure we each have the same files.

On a side note, are you going to Gen Con? If so we can meet up there a tak about some of this.

FCWesel
April 22nd, 2010, 06:34 AM
Okay, obviously I am missing something.

I have DL'd the files.
I have put them in the "herolab/data/pathfinder" folder.
When I start HL I select PATHFINDER.

The next thing I see is this:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cArqCrafFi' (Eval Script '#1') on line 8
-> Non-existent thing 'skCrafGuns' used by script

Help?

Thanks!

PS - I found that removing the ARQUEBUS related file got rid of the error pop up and I could access the other files within HL/

Virtue
April 22nd, 2010, 07:47 AM
Hmm. It sounds like you are starting the editor, but you don't have to if you just want to use these things when making a character. Just add the .user file to your herolab/data/pathfinder folder and start HL like normal. Then on the first window click on the Source you would like to use.

Where do I do this at?

chiefweasel
April 22nd, 2010, 09:34 AM
The eval issue is because the Skill skCrafGuns didnt exist in the file you loaded up. If you created a skill with this name it would work, but maybe not function the way you would like.

ShadowChemosh
April 22nd, 2010, 07:56 PM
Help?
Thanks!

Yep chiefweasel is 100% correct in this case FCWesel. When I first started doing stuff I had everything in one big .user file and later started to break up things into smaller files. So Craft Gunsmithing was in my Razor Coast Campaign file and not in with the new class file. I have fixed this small issue and uploaded a new version(v0.8) to d20pfsrd (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/hero-lab).

My bad guess I am human. :)

Also having mirror sites isn't a bad idea. We might want to try and coordinate the 2 locations to ensure we each have the same files. On a side note, are you going to Gen Con? If so we can meet up there a talk about some of this.
Great to hear. Have not been to a Gen Con in many many years, but would have been nice.

As for mirror sites I think that is a great idea and had actually been thinking about moving over the other couple pathfinder files to here. You can easily do the same thing so that the files are on your site also.

About the only thing would be version control. The d20pfsrd site automatically adds in a version number and date and time stamps so that can help out I think. For example the Arquebusiers file now shows version 0.8 where yesterday it was 0.6.

I am willing to help out where and how I can so feel free also to PM me or send me emails at shadowchemosh(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Thanks

ShadowChemosh
April 22nd, 2010, 08:05 PM
Where do I do this at?
When your start the pathfinder game system the first window you are presented with is the Configure Your Hero. On the right side of that window is a list of Sources with check marks. For any .user file I did I added a new Source in their that you have to check mark. Same for if you where activating a Adventure Path source or trying to use the new Advanced Players Guide Preview data.

I attached a jpg of the window I am talking about and you can see the check marks on the right side under Sources. You will need to Check Mark the source you wish to use for your character.

Hope that helps.

Virtue
April 23rd, 2010, 07:46 AM
Thanks do you have any more of these?

ShadowChemosh
April 23rd, 2010, 02:48 PM
Thanks do you have any more of these?
So I have good news and bad news about this very topic. Turns out I forgot about things like OGC, but d20pfsrd did not. John has asked me to remove a few things until I can confirm that they support the OGC or CUP. So currently the Eberron races, and the two Kobold Quarterly classes have been taken down. :(

The Eberron stuff can't go back as it is for sure not OGC, but I am going to have to look into the KQ stuff to find out. Until then I have sent copies over to cheifweasel to post on his site instead.

In the good news I am almost done with Wayfinder#1 (http://paizo.com/store/downloads/paizoFansUnited/v5748btpy88vh) (totally free and OGC) and with Taldor Echoes of Glory (http://paizo.com/store/downloads/pathfinder/pathfinderCompanion/35E/v5748btpy8853&source=search) also OGC. It is VERY cool how anything from paizo is OGC and we don't have to worry about their stuff.

Mathias
April 23rd, 2010, 04:46 PM
ShadowChemosh, a caveat to what you said about OGC;

Here's the Product Identity and Open Game Content statements from Taldor, Echoes of Glory (it's near the bottom of the Table of Contents page):

Product Identity: The following items are hereby identified as Product Identity, as defined in the Open Game License version 1.0a, Section 1(e), and are not Open Content: All trademarks, registered trademarks, proper names (characters, deities, artifacts, places, etc.), dialogue, plots, storylines, language, incidents, locations, characters, artwork, and trade dress.

Open Content
: Except for material designated as Product Identity (see above), the game mechanics of this Paizo Publishing game product are Open Game Content, as defined in the Open Gaming License version 1.0a Section 1(d). No portion of this work other than the material designated as Open Game Content may be reproduced in any form without written permission.

So, for example, the "Ambassador (Sarenrae)" trait mentions the proper name of a deity. That proper name is Product Identity, and not open content. Because the game mechanics of that trait are Open Content, if you name it "Ambassador (Deity of the Sun)" or something similar, you're only presenting the open portions of that Trait.

That's my understanding of how this works. If I've made mistakes in how I've presented the problem or the proper solution, please tell me so I can correct it.

NicodemisFinch
April 29th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Thanking LWD for their fantastic product and hard work goes without saying, but I wanted to thank users like ShadowChemosh for creating snd sharing such awesome user files. I'm sure there are other users like myself who don't have the time/talent to master the complexities of the editor. Again, thanks and keep 'em coming!:p

ShadowChemosh
May 1st, 2010, 12:55 AM
So I finally finished inputting/coding everything from Wayfinder#1 (http://paizo.com/store/downloads/paizoFansUnited/v5748btpy88vh) and uploaded the .user file to d20pfsrd (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/hero-lab). If anyone is interested. :D

Wayfinder is a free fanzine available from paizo and has some really great stuff in it including the Dawnflower Dervish of Sarenrae PrC.

Later

Theocrat
May 9th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Hi all -
I've added all the Feats, Gear, Spells and Magical Items from the Seeker of Secrets. I've uploaded the .user file at my Web site - GolarionOnline.com -
www.GolarionOnline.com/PFRPGG_SeekerOfSecrets.user
My problem is that I'm brand new to this (I just bought HL today) and I'm not sure I've done it correctly. I haven't done the Prestiage Classes because I'm not sure I've done the 'easy' stuff right, I don't want to work on more intense stuff.
I would like someone to go over my .user file and either correct the data or contact me and help me go over the data so that I can correct it.
If you correct the data, that is helpful as I'll then go in and open it and attempt to decipher what was done.
I'm going to be working on the Taldor Faction book next.

Be Well. Be Well Entered.
Theocrat Issak

Theocrat
May 9th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Hi all -
I've downloaded the Cheliax and the other two racial sourcebook user files.
My question is - are they inclusive of all items from those sourcebooks or only those that are Pathfinder Society permitted?
If they are all inclusive, do I copy the file and then create a modified file that removes the non PFS permitted items?
Thanks.
Theocrat Issak

Theocrat
May 9th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Hi all -
Again...Hehe. I decided that I'd actually work on the Pathfinder Society Module Rewards.
So I'm working on adding all those little boons - Like getting a book, a family will help you if you're in a particular area.
But I'm also adding things like +2 Full Plate Armor. I've actually just added two +2 Full Plate Armors (and maybe more, depending on the scenarios that give this item). In each, I've created a unique item code based on the PFS# of the scenario. So with the first +2 Full Plate it's under PFS06FP while the second one is PFS07FP. Is that the best way to do that?
The boons are easy - just adding a gear option. But what about the scrolls or potions? I realize most of the potions or scrolls are already available to create within HL itself (although, I haven't seen the way to add potions within HL character yet, but I'm busy adding things that I think I might need options for with my character).
I'll upload this .user data set later tonight for you to review.
Theocrat Issak

EDIT - I've added items up to Pathfinder Society module 20. If it's available via normal Hero Labs character options, I didn't add the item. Things like the +2 Mithril Shirt - that's added. I didn't add potions. I don't know what an Amulet of Health provides, so lots of that kind of information is missing.
Please find the .user data set here - www.GolarionOnline.com/PFRPG_PFS_Module_Rewards.user - I would like as much help as possible in filling out the missing pieces as well as those parts that are wrong or not filled out correctly (like the +1 Ghost Touch Warhammer - I don't have lots of stuff in there). Same with the Gloves of Dexterity +2 - where do I make sure that it gives a +2 to Dex? This is where I need some help.
Thanks.

Theocrat
May 10th, 2010, 10:19 AM
If someone wants to collaborate on this project - I'll do most of the data entry and someone can verify correctness and proper code I'd be happy to work with someone.

chiefweasel
May 10th, 2010, 04:45 PM
You can send me all the user files you have and i'll post them to the user respository.

ShadowChemosh
May 10th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Hi all -
I've downloaded the Cheliax and the other two racial sourcebook user files.
My question is - are they inclusive of all items from those sourcebooks or only those that are Pathfinder Society permitted?
If they are all inclusive, do I copy the file and then create a modified file that removes the non PFS permitted items?
Thanks.
Theocrat Issak
I don't know anything about Pathfinder Society rules so I didn't mark what was or was not allowed. The source books are 100% all of the crunch from the books. If for some reason they are not I will make a note about it in the desc.

You can simply go into the .user file and mark the "Not Allowed for Pathfinder Society Characters" for things that are not allowed.

ShadowChemosh
May 10th, 2010, 07:48 PM
EDIT - I've added items up to Pathfinder Society module 20. If it's available via normal Hero Labs character options, I didn't add the item. Things like the +2 Mithril Shirt - that's added. I didn't add potions. I don't know what an Amulet of Health provides, so lots of that kind of information is missing.
Please find the .user data set here - www.GolarionOnline.com/PFRPG_PFS_Module_Rewards.user - I would like as much help as possible in filling out the missing pieces as well as those parts that are wrong or not filled out correctly (like the +1 Ghost Touch Warhammer - I don't have lots of stuff in there). Same with the Gloves of Dexterity +2 - where do I make sure that it gives a +2 to Dex? This is where I need some help.
Thanks.

Allot of this stuff is already in HL like the +2 Mithril Chain Shirt and the Amulets of Natural Armor. Plus the base HL items have all the scripts working so that putting on a item actually does the correct adjustments to the character.

Gloves of Dex +2 don't actually exist in PFRPG anymore. They are now actually belts, but you can copy the Belt of Dex and use it to help figure out the coding for gloves.

Just an FYI a Amulet of Health (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#amuletofHealth) is a 3.5 item that gives a bonus to your Con score. PFRPG moved all such items to the same body slots now so they again don't actually exist in PFRPG rules.

As you don't have any scripts on anything so far in your .user files I would start by taking one feat or magic item and do the scripting for it. Gloves of Dex +2 would be a good place to start as you can copy the Belt of Physical Might to give you a good base to work from.

Best of luck.

Theocrat
May 10th, 2010, 10:29 PM
OK, so I've made those data files and realize they aren't that great. But I've already hit the test now button so they are available to use. But as they're not really done right, its wrong to use them. So how do I remove them from being able to be used, without deleting the file? I want to be able fix them and then have them available. How do I do that?
Reading the manual, and adding a feat seems simple. But when I need to add that an animal companion adds up to the character level for Boon Companion I'm not sure how to do that. With one of the spells, it has Bard 3 and Cleric 4 - how do I make that change?
Thanks
Theocrat Issak

chiefweasel
May 11th, 2010, 04:57 AM
I dont think you can. At best you can remove the files from that directory and move them to a different directory.

A trick you can do is to create a Test environment by duplicating an existing game system, then if things get messed up you havent affected your primary game system.

ShadowChemosh
May 11th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Just wanted to say I didn't mean to imply they are bad. Just that they are not complete is all.

OK, so I've made those data files and realize they aren't that great. But I've already hit the test now button so they are available to use. But as they're not really done right, its wrong to use them. So how do I remove them from being able to be used, without deleting the file?

Another idea is to add a Source called "Test" to all the Things and then only when you have the Test source checked will they appear. As you fix them you can then remove the Test source.

Otherwise you can use them they just won't automatically do the adjustments for you until you do the scripts. At least they will show up on your character sheet.

Reading the manual, and adding a feat seems simple. But when I need to add that an animal companion adds up to the character level for Boon Companion I'm not sure how to do that.

Their where other questions in this forum regarding Animal Companion do a search and see if they help.

With one of the spells, it has Bard 3 and Cleric 4 - how do I make that change?
Thanks
Theocrat Issak
Not following? Make what change?

My advice is still to pick just one thing to getting working and then you will be able to focus on a single set of questions for a specific thing. Also searching these Forums has helped me out allot as Mathais has answered allot of questions with some great example code....

Theocrat
May 11th, 2010, 12:29 PM
So then, as I've already added them to my main system - do I need to uninstall the program and re-install to remove those .user files and not have them available to use until I'm sure they're fixed? - EDIT: OK, I moved the .user files to a folder labeled !TEST inside the data/pathfinder folder. That seems to have removed them as options for me to choose. But in so doing, I cannot edit those .user files. So I figure I must need to move them back to the /pathfinder folder to edit them.

This spell - Revelation is a Bard 2 / Cleric 3 / Sorc/Wiz 3 spell. In the drop down menu for listing of spell levels, I listed it as 2nd lvl and checked bard. I then also did the same drop down menu and choose 3 and saw that bard was still checked, but also checked cleric and sorcerer and wizard.
But now I'm concerned that I've made it all level 3 and not level 2 for the bard.
Theocrat Issak

ShadowChemosh
May 11th, 2010, 12:44 PM
This spell - Revelation is a Bard 2 / Cleric 3 / Sorc/Wiz 3 spell. In the drop down menu for listing of spell levels, I listed it as 2nd lvl and checked bard. I then also did the same drop down menu and choose 3 and saw that bard was still checked, but also checked cleric and sorcerer and wizard.
But now I'm concerned that I've made it all level 3 and not level 2 for the bard.
Theocrat Issak
Correct its all going to be level 3. To make it a level 2 bard you need to uncheck the bard from the spell and save. Then click the Duplicate button and give the spell a new unique id. Preferably something with the level as part of it like Reve2. Then make this spell only be available to bard at level 2. Now you have the spell as a level 2 bard and a level 3 cleric/sorc/wiz.

Takeda
December 5th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I was using the Necro-Lord of Urgathoa from Wayfinder #1 and I noticed an error ... for the PrC the skill points are listed as 0+Int instead of 2+Int. I've tried to fix it but without a better knowledge of the process or access to the original file I simply can't fix it without more errors coming forward.

ShadowChemosh
December 5th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I was using the Necro-Lord of Urgathoa from Wayfinder #1 and I noticed an error ... for the PrC the skill points are listed as 0+Int instead of 2+Int. I've tried to fix it but without a better knowledge of the process or access to the original file I simply can't fix it without more errors coming forward.
Ok thanks. That is an easy fix I will see about doing it soon and re-uploading it to d20pfsrd.

Takeda
December 5th, 2012, 12:18 PM
The PrC requires Kn Religion 2 but the PrC in Wayfinder #1 user file version only requires Kn Religion 1.

ShadowChemosh
December 5th, 2012, 12:31 PM
The PrC requires Kn Religion 2 but the PrC in Wayfinder #1 user file version only requires Kn Religion 1.
Wayfinder #1 was still under 3.5 rules. So when converting to Pathfinder rules you subtract 3 (minimum of 1) in prerequisites in PrC's for skills.

So I think 1 in this case is correct.

Takeda
December 5th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I checked it on Paizo's site. 2 is correct.

As a matter of record I believe there are no classes that have less than 2+Int per level as a core component of the Pathfinder ruleset.

ShadowChemosh
December 5th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I checked it on Paizo's site. 2 is correct. The field in the PrC is left blank which the system seems to interpret as 1.

As a matter of record I believe there are no classes that have less than 2+Int per level as a core component of the Pathfinder ruleset.
Right I think we are talking two different things here. I agree 2+Int is correct and needs to be fixed. Also yes HL seems to treat "0" the same as 1+Int per level.

But then you said the Pre-Reg for this PrC is Knowledge (Religion) 2 ranks. Here I think your mistaken as when you convert to Pathfinder from 3.5 rules you take away 3 from the number of ranks required. Down to a minimum value of needing 1 rank.

So the Skill Points per level needs to be fixed. But the "Pre-Req" of 1 Rank required is correct...

Takeda
December 5th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry to have to continue to disagree but I'm quoting Paizo. Check it out for yourself if you wish.

Requirements

To qualify to become a necro-lord, a character must fulfill all of the following criteria:

Alignment: Any evil.

Base Attack Bonus: +4.

Skills: Heal 2 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 2 ranks.

Deity: Urgathoa.

Special: Ability to create undead. The ability to cast animate dead, create undead, or create greater undead qualifies, as does many undead’s Create Spawn ability. Using magic items, however, does not qualify.

Necro-Lord of Urgathoa (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-prestige-classes/paizo-fans-united/necro-lord-of-urgathoa)

ShadowChemosh
December 5th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I'm sorry to have to continue to disagree but I'm quoting Paizo. Check it out for yourself if you wish.

Um your not quoting Paizo here at all. Your linking to d20pfsrd which is NOT paizo but a Fan/Community Created wiki. The class is NOT from paizo but from a community created magazine that has a PrC. This PrC was created for 3.5 D&D NOT for Pathfinder RPG. Just trying to clear up what we are talking about so we can be on the same page. No Paizo involved in this at all. :)

Now then when the 3.5 D&D PrC "Necro-Lord" was converted to Pathfinder RPG rules I followed Paizo's conversion guide lines (http://paizo.com/products/btpy89m6?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Conversion-Guide). On page 15 of the Paizo Pathfinder RPG conversion guide says "In addition, the skill rank requirements
should be equal to the 3.5 requirements – 3 (minimum 1 rank)."

So I just looked at the Magazine and see that it shows 5 Ranks originally. So in that case 5 - 3 gives us 2. So next time just say 2 is the already converted Pathfinder value as 5 was in the Magazine using 3.5 rules. I thought you where saying 2 was what was in the magazine and in that case 1 was the correct value. :)

ShadowChemosh
December 5th, 2012, 08:39 PM
New version of PFRPG_Wayfinder_01.user (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/hero-lab/PFRPG_Wayfinder_01.user?attredirects=0&d=1) uploaded to d20pfsrd.

December 5, 2012 - Tim Shadow
-Fixed skill points per level missing for "Necro-Lord".
-Added check for the Urgathoa deity now that Goloarion gods are part of HL.

Takeda
December 5th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Okay well we're all on the same page now so cool!