PDA

View Full Version : Arcana Evolved

tkarn
April 19th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Started with Arcana Evolved rather than with Kalamar, because I need it more. First I entered the feats (but not the scripts yet) and enter now the spells. I need 10th level spells - how can I expand the existing levellist?

Mathias
April 19th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Unfortunately, the spell mechanics are part of the structural files for the system, so users can't modify that portion. There are dozens of places where only 9 levels of spells are assumed, so I can't think of a way to shoehorn in something that works similarly. Sorry about that.

Can you skip that material, or is your group playing at levels where you need that?

tkarn
April 19th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I will skip it at the moment....

tkarn
May 5th, 2010, 12:12 PM
There are some more problems I need help to be solved:

* no aligment required
* instaed of aligment i need a truename field with the values bound and unbound
* I need 2 types of classtypes added: racial and evolved
* the spells per day array has to be 25 (classlevels) to 10 (spelllevels)

tkarn
May 7th, 2010, 08:27 AM
I need a new spellschool: Alteration or the possibility to enter my own schools (the way subschools are done).

tkarn
May 30th, 2010, 11:10 AM
There are alot of things that will not work. I think I have do it as a user defined system.

tkarn
August 31st, 2010, 12:52 PM
When do you think the "d20 System mechanics (starting point for other d20 games)" will be available?

tkarn
October 1st, 2010, 01:33 PM
Solved a lot of problems by using variant classes.....

tkarn
October 14th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Integrated from the Player's handbook:

- skills
- new languages
- core races
- core classes with variant classes
- racial classes
- feats (scripting misses - in progress)
- Combat Rites
- Spells (prereq misses - in progress)
- Spelltemplates / Spellaccess (in progress)
- Runes

To be done:
- Prestige Classes
- some scripting
other sources.....

Titanhoss
September 26th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I'm looking to set up a Pathfinder/Arcana Evolved E6 hybrid game, any pointers would be appreciated.

Titanhoss

tkarn
September 27th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Reading your PM I can tell you:

I have done a lot of things for that, but there are some differences in the gamesystem and my work is stopped at this point (25 level classes, 10 level spells, and some other things). For me it is working to a special point of use, but it is not perfect. I think the Pathfinder dataset has a more potential to do some things better, but the best way would be a full editable ruleset for this (like the way the 4ED rules are).

Titanhoss
September 27th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks....

It's going tp be an E6 hybrid, so some of those issues wouldn't be a problem.