PDA

View Full Version : How did the Paizo meeting go

Virtue
April 2nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
Well the Paizo meeting is over how did it go for you guys

I know they want it to be cross platform which you guys said will be hard, but what else can you share from the meeting

rob
April 2nd, 2010, 03:01 PM
Overall, I think the meeting accomplished its goals quite well. We showed off everything we currently offer for Pathfinder. More importantly, though, we were able outline where we're ultimately heading in terms of digital tools. That included a lot of discussion about the upcoming Realm Works product, the continued evolution of Hero Lab, and lots of other details. We also gained some insight into Paizo's plans and were able to talk about a variety of ways in which our mutual plans could dovetail nicely together.

As Paizo has pointed out on their forums, they're in a fact-finding phase right now and talking to a lot of different companies. Nothing was decided in the meeting, nor was that anyone's expectation going in. That being said, lots of possibilities were actively discussed, and the plan is to have further discussions about how a partnership can benefit both companies and how best to make that happen.

After Paizo finishes talking to all the companies they've invited, I'm sure they'll distill it all down and decide how it all fits into their own plans. That won't be for at least another month or two. And once that point is reached, the companies they select can begin talking concretely with Paizo about how to make it all happen. Only after all that has been completed can something be formally announced. Consequently, I don't envision anything concrete being in place prior to GenCon, and it could easily be well after that.

In the meantime, we're going to be continuing to support Pathfinder in exactly the same way we were planning prior to the meeting. We've got the Bestiary due out this month and we will have the APG add-on out as soon after its release as we can get it implemented.